• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Jeffro, but that is all that article talks about was having a beef for getting beat out at Alabama "by an inferior quarterback who was from the Alabama." I just think it's ironic when these kids think they are too good to play in Virginia, then when it doesn't work out, come back :hurt:crying.

If just about anyone but Al Groh would have been the coach @ UVa when Sims chose his college, Sims would have most likely ended up here to being with. Sims just could not stand Groh, and for good reason.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
at least we can all agree that the "hardship" is BS and its all about PT.

bucky>sims

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least we can all agree that the "hardship" is BS and its all about PT.

bucky>sims

You have to ask yourself this. If Sims had been the starting QB for the national championship team, would we even be discussing this right now? Absolutely not.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep -- that's why it has bullshit written all over it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, Sims got fucked over in Bama. I have a few friends down there and he was the clear leader coing out of the summer and gor no chance to play behind their actual starting line. Saban ha a hard on for McCarron and sold out Sims right away. I have nothing bad to say about him.

However, neither he nor Funderburk will fix what makes us dominate them . We dominate them because even with All-American linemen, UVA can not scheme to block our guys. Our D line and running backs are what have lead to the dominance of the past decade. Andrew Luck and Julio Jones won't help that.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all assuming that...

1) Sims is granted a release period (by Saban), much less to play for a D1A school OR He is granted a hardship waiver for the NCAA (I read is that he has applied but not been granted yet, is that right??

2) Regardless IF he is allowed, he will have to sit this year out..correct? That leaves him with two years of eligibility..

3)He is able to beat out Rocco, Watford, or the "Great Grayson Lambert" who will undoubtedly be dubbed the next Matt Schaub any day. Seriously, there will be good competition no matter where he goes. Does he think that London will call him the starter before he steps on campus.

If he does transfer he would be better off transferring to Delaware, Richmond, or some other FCS powerhouse where he can start, and play immediately...

I think Funderburk is a year behind Sims..he might be in better shape than Sims with a transfer to UVA (as far as playing time)

And as far as getting the shaft..too bad for him, I hate that, really. But when you go play for a coach/school like that. Sometimes life isn't fair. There are 5 stars everywhere around you. You could start on 115 other FBS teams, but you want to go compete at a school like 'Bama?? Don't get it...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, Sims got fucked over in Bama. I have a few friends down there and he was the clear leader coing out of the summer and gor no chance to play behind their actual starting line. Saban ha a hard on for McCarron and sold out Sims right away. I have nothing bad to say about him.

However, neither he nor Funderburk will fix what makes us dominate them . We dominate them because even with All-American linemen, UVA can not scheme to block our guys. Our D line and running backs are what have lead to the dominance of the past decade. Andrew Luck and Julio Jones won't help that.

Outside of Andrew Zow, African American QB's at Alabama have never gotten the benefit of the doubt. Sad but true.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IF he is granted a waiver and IF he does end up at whoVa, what does that do for the locker room up there? I mean you've got your guy (Rocco) and his protege (lambert) and about 14 other QB's, then this guy is going to come in and jump all of them? I say that because i dont doubt for a minute that London has been in contact with him and has told him he will play asap.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF he is granted a waiver and IF he does end up at whoVa, what does that do for the locker room up there? I mean you've got your guy (Rocco) and his protege (lambert) and about 14 other QB's, then this guy is going to come in and jump all of them? I say that because i dont doubt for a minute that London has been in contact with him and has told him he will play asap.

I have no doubt if he gets the waiver and makes the transfer to UVA, London will make him the starter.

That should be a very clear message to anyone being recruited by UVA that London will do and say anything to get you on board, but replace you without batting an eye.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports minute: Virginia gets permission to talk to Alabama QB Sims - Roanoke.com

This may have been posted already (by DD). Related to the Sims situation. It is more of a personal thing. Nothing about a family-emergency...

"The reason for me leaving is nothing more than a personal matter," Sims said in a release made available by Alabama. "I just need to be closer to home to support my family at this time and that needs to be my priority right now." Ahem...yeah...

"Sims would be required to sit out the 2012 season if he transfers to another Football Bowl Subdivision school, although exceptions have been made in the case of family hardship or emergency."

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Schad ‏ @schadjoe
Former Alabama quarterback Phillip Sims has told Virginia coaches he will enroll at the school

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much love does Rocco keep getting now from the UVA fanbase?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much love does Rocco keep getting now from the UVA fanbase?

The majority feels that may the best man win the QB competition. You can't turn down 5 star talent.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does he get the family hardship exemption if he can prove that is why he transferred? If he doesn't, it will really look like he didn't want to ride the pine at Bama.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah -- would be curious to see what the hardship trully is .. but general consensus is that if he were the starter at Bama, this would be a non-issue .. Not downplaying his personal hardships as we don't know what they are, but timing definitely makes it SEEM like more of an excuse to avoid the year sit-out than the true reason for transferring.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder how many of these QBs that have committed over the past few years will now transfer. If I were the GC QB who committed a month or so ago, I would definitely be having second thoughts.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The majority feels that may the best man win the QB competition. You can't turn down 5 star talent.

I'm not buying the "hardship transfer" nonsense.

Sims couldn't beat out a 4 star for the starting QB job at Bama. Bama has a 3 star coming in from the 2012 Class, and they're pursuing 4 star QB Connor Mitch from Raleigh, NC.

Personally, I think Sims believed the starting job at Bama was just going to be handed to him. When it didn't work out he got mad and left.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sparko said..if he truly has a family hardship..then more power to him. Do what you have to do. Totally understandable.

I guess my question is (and this is no knock towards Sims..just the rule in general)..If the situation is that bad that you need to get back closer to home, then what is more important, the situation..or playing sports? I understand these athletes have no control over what happens with a close family members health, but shouldn't they be spending their weekends with these people instead riding a bus to God knows where to play football. Sorry, maybe I am being harsh, but I don't see the justification of letting ANYONE who transfers from a FBS program to another FBS school be allowed to play immediately, regardless of circumstance. The way I see it is that they are still getting a college education, and still have a couple years of eligibility. Anyhow, I would imagine there would be some strict guidelines as to what classified as a "hardship", probably terminal illness of a mother/father/children..or maybe something having to do with being closer to your children. I am sure the NCAA sees this stuff all of the time...if it is truly bullshit..I would like to think it would get sorted out.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many of these QBs that have committed over the past few years will now transfer. If I were the GC QB who committed a month or so ago, I would definitely be having second thoughts.

Marshall was most likely going to RS anyway, so he will still be 2 years behind Sims when he comes in.