• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, anyway, here it is so everybody else can see it too.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green was a good kid, but his talents just weren't on the same page as the rest of the receivers. When you drop half the passes thrown your way, of course you are going to ride the bench more often than not.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Green was a good kid, but his talents just weren't on the same page as the rest of the receivers. When you drop half the passes thrown your way, of course you are going to ride the bench more often than not.

It's always easy to be critical of a kid that decides to transfer to find playing time somewhere else.

Let's see what everyone thinks if Green gets drafted or signs a free agent contract. He's got the kind of speed where a few dropped passes will be forgiven if the rest result in good gains or TDs.

I was always taught that the responsibility of a good coaching staff was to help a kid improve where he's deficient. Doesn't appear to have happened with Green at UVA.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is anyone truly surprised at that quote? London was the new guy, trying to get some recruiting momentum at what was a stagnant program. Of course he's going to try to get his 757 guys on the field. One of the things he had in hand to sell to recruits was the promise of early playing time. The Watford kid is a perfect example.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to see how easy it is to pick Green's argument apart?

The only WR receiver from '757' that was on the depth chart while Green was @ UVa was Tim Smith, and he was recruited by Al Groh.

His stats at Southern were not hitting on much either:

Games: 8
Receptions: 17
Yards: 307
Yds/Game: 38.4
Avg:Game: 18.1
Long: 50
TD: 2

Let's face it, Green is trying to live off of his daddy's name, and that won't get him very far in life.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Care to see how easy it is to pick Green's argument apart?

The only WR receiver from '757' that was on the depth chart while Green was @ UVa was Tim Smith, and he was recruited by Al Groh.

His stats at Southern were not hitting on much either:

Games: 8
Receptions: 17
Yards: 307
Yds/Game: 38.4
Avg:Game: 18.1
Long: 50
TD: 2

Let's face it, Green is trying to live off of his daddy's name, and that won't get him very far in life.

Green played for Southern for exactly one season. He had to get used to a new offensive system, new coaches, and new teammates. Southern ended up with a 4-7 record in 2011. Their top receiver only averaged 69.6 ypg on a team that ranked 92nd among all FCS teams in total offense. Not exactly a platform for proving what you can do.

I've watched some of Green's film...in the right system with a QB that can get him the ball downfield, he will do quite well in the NFL.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green played for Southern for exactly one season. He had to get used to a new offensive system, new coaches, and new teammates. Southern ended up with a 4-7 record in 2011. Their top receiver only averaged 69.6 ypg on a team that ranked 92nd among all FCS teams in total offense. Not exactly a platform for proving what you can do.

I've watched some of Green's film...in the right system with a QB that can get him the ball downfield, he will do quite well in the NFL.

I don't know if he has developed, but when Green was in high school, he was just an average player. Oakton won states that year because of Keith Payne, who was recruited by UVA. My guess is the combination of Keith being on the same team and his father's popularity in the state of Virginia were what got him the UVA offer. He seems like more of a runner than a football player.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, if Philip Sims transfers, which one of your 7 QBs would you like to see start in 2013? That's the year all you whos claim is your year to beat us.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, if Philip Sims transfers, which one of your 7 QBs would you like to see start in 2013? That's the year all you whos claim is your year to beat us.

If Rocco continues to progress at the same rate he did this past season, then I have no doubt in my mind that he will still be the starter for the 2013 season.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rocco continues to progress at the same rate he did this past season, then I have no doubt in my mind that he will still be the starter for the 2013 season.

by "progress" do you mean being able to throw 30 screen passes per game accurately, as opposed to the current 20?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to today's Daily Press, Phillip Sims is transferring out of Bama and considering UVa. Also says he seeks a hardship waiver to play this fall. What is the hardship? Butthurt over living in Alabama because things didn't work out just like you wanted? Waaaaahhhhhhh

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to today's Daily Press, Phillip Sims is transferring out of Bama and considering UVa. Also says he seeks a hardship waiver to play this fall. What is the hardship? Butthurt over living in Alabama because things didn't work out just like you wanted? Waaaaahhhhhhh

Supposedly someone in his family is gravely ill.

Rumor going around this morning that Quinta Funderburk is transferring to UVa as well.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly someone in his family is gravely ill.

Rumor going around this morning that Quinta Funderburk is transferring to UVa as well.

The article in the Virginia Pilot this morning makes it sound like its all about playing time.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article in the Virginia Pilot this morning makes it sound like its all about playing time.

If playing time was the case, I seriously doubt the NCAA would grant a hardship waiver.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If playing time was the case, I seriously doubt the NCAA would grant a hardship waiver.

I agree Jeffro, but that is all that article talks about was having a beef for getting beat out at Alabama "by an inferior quarterback who was from the Alabama." I just think it's ironic when these kids think they are too good to play in Virginia, then when it doesn't work out, come back :hurt:crying.