• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanding gets #13 offer with Purdue

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Marriner gets Temple offer

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Marriner gets Temple offer

He's a 2013 recruit, and I'd say with Temple offering him, that eliminates any chance of him walking on to either UVa or VT.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 this is a list of VA players who have already gone elsewhere or probably will: Levenberry, Allen (does anyone expect VT to win out over Florida and Alabama and who knows who else), Green (top 3 only), Mizzell, Harris, Teller (is actually considering UVA which is unbelievable), Parker (at the very least favors UVA over VT), and Rolin. Almost all of these are either defensive players or RBs which are VT strengths. It's pathetic. I would like to at least feel some sort of confidence in getting a defensive player or RB from VA with a huge offer list. But I don't and that's a problem

Dude you know if recruits read message boards and seen these type of talks they'd prolly think hey minus well go soewhereelse, their fans don't even beleive they can land us. Anyways Teller is tied as he stated before with VT and UVA, i think one more visit could land him for us, and the fact that recruits are now helping us land others is Great, like hodges is really in Bowens ear now, Allen is BigTime and yes FLA, and Bama are great recruiters, but we can do this, we're in his top 3 for sure and i bet we can outlast FLA, just have to find that one way to beat out BAMA, mayb a official visit against FL State would do it. Rolin is now high on us again, not leading yet but its a step closer. i think we may still him, and Green Really likes us now as does his Family which is a plus cuz he wants to inpress them. we have a chance to finish strong with trying to steal these guys, plus fuller, hamilton, reid, and burks, and mayb Crooks. and i think burks, newsome, sheggog, bowens, Motuapuaka, mayb we land cutler ir parker is a WR and he'd greyshirt as well. that 18 mayb 19 enrolling by the fall and around 6 preping, and mayb fisher if need be. guys this could be something special and the best part is if we lose out only teller and mizzel are considering uva, and only green is looking at a ACC school

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Virginia & Tennuhcee offered Blanding.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTWs Rodney Johnson gets his first, WVU

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois offers Jalyn Holmes

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beatty is trying hard to take over VA

I am sure he will get one here or there. But Illinois?? Don't think he will often be able to beat out VT OR WhoVA for upper tier talent in VA (as opposed to them going to Illinois that is). The last one I think he had drinking the Kool-Aid was Thourogood...That hasn't exactly worked out for him yet at Vandy..

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he will get one here or there. But Illinois?? Don't think he will often be able to beat out VT OR WhoVA for upper tier talent in VA (as opposed to them going to Illinois that is). The last one I think he had drinking the Kool-Aid was Thourogood...That hasn't exactly worked out for him yet at Vandy..

A couple of things about VA that sometimes are forgotten.

NOVA get lots of temporary transplants (govt families, military, private contractors, etc) as well as political transplant families. They come from all over, and their kids might be fans of their hometown powerhouse.

757 is loaded with temporary military families.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

NOVA get lots of temporary transplants (govt families, military, private contractors, etc) as well as political transplant families. They come from all over, and their kids might be fans of their hometown powerhouse.

Yep which is why Woodside was as good as Pheobus this year. People leaving Ft. Monroe and going to Fort Eustis.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nnadi says UVA currently leads.
Seems reasonable, he is very close to Eli and he has a lot of pro UVA people in his circle except for a select few. Now those few are VERY close to him, however he does have a lot of pro UVA pull. Iknow that he does like VT, but he has a lot to work through...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, Good points. I would tend to think most of these guys are VA born and bred though, regardless of where their father/mother, grandparents may have been originally from. That at least gives us and UVA a fighting chance...

vatechdude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What are the odds of a team landing both Hand and Brown ( any team for that matter, but hopefully us)? Two defensive linemen so highly regarded, do you think it it a good shot or bad shot that they would follow each other to the same school? And also, if we were to land two top 5 overall prospects, possibly the top 2, that class would be probably set up to be our best class ever, correct?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What are the odds of a team landing both Hand and Brown ( any team for that matter, but hopefully us)? Two defensive linemen so highly regarded, do you think it it a good shot or bad shot that they would follow each other to the same school? And also, if we were to land two top 5 overall prospects, possibly the top 2, that class would be probably set up to be our best class ever, correct?

It's really up in the air as far as I can tell about where Hand and Brown go. If they were to go to the same school, I'd say VT would be the favorite right now and as far as I can tell, it's not out of the realm of possibility. But they're big time prospects so they could go where ever they want.

And I think 2014 will be one of the best classes for VT, regardless of where Brown and Hand end up. We have legitimate shots at Kamara, Holmes, Moss, Reavis, Kinlaw, all who project to be highly recruited prospects. Should be a good year for VT.

vatechdude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hopefully a very strong year or two in VA recruiting can help raise the level of talent on the team. Because until we start raising that level of talent we aren't going to win on the highest level. Hopefully a very good 13 and 14 could help us break into that top tier of of recruiting teams

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU offers Andrew Brown

Alabama LB coach stops by Phoebus for some Walter Brantley lovin.'