• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really up in the air as far as I can tell about where Hand and Brown go. If they were to go to the same school, I'd say VT would be the favorite right now and as far as I can tell, it's not out of the realm of possibility. But they're big time prospects so they could go where ever they want.

And I think 2014 will be one of the best classes for VT, regardless of where Brown and Hand end up. We have legitimate shots at Kamara, Holmes, Moss, Reavis, Kinlaw, all who project to be highly recruited prospects. Should be a good year for VT.

don't forget Frey from Ohio, very high on us, and the florida kid think his name was harrison, and legit shot at Tabor as well, and small chance for his teammate Payne, and if we need a 2nd
Rb in would be Marshawn Williams from Hampton area, and the Royster kid from oregon was very excited when cornell brown offered.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't forget Frey from Ohio, very high on us, and the florida kid think his name was harrison, and legit shot at Tabor as well, and small chance for his teammate Payne, and if we need a 2nd
Rb in would be Marshawn Williams from Hampton area, and the Royster kid from oregon was very excited when cornell brown offered.
2014 will be a very good year for VT recruiting

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
M. Williams is very high on the RB board for 2014. Dude can ball

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Williams will be one of the two RBs VT will land next year. I imagine that kid from SC(Kinlaw) might be the other.

Tabor is probably a Vol.

And yea, if anyone is going to land both Hand and Brown it'll be VT. Hand doesn't seem like he's going to care about UVA at all, just get that feeling from him. He's very much in VT's corner right now but a ways to go on him. Brown, who knows.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Williams will be one of the two RBs VT will land next year. I imagine that kid from SC(Kinlaw) might be the other.

Tabor is probably a Vol.

And yea, if anyone is going to land both Hand and Brown it'll be VT. Hand doesn't seem like he's going to care about UVA at all, just get that feeling from him. He's very much in VT's corner right now but a ways to go on him. Brown, who knows.
I could see VT getting Kinlaw and Williams. Williams is higher on the board at this point...

Williams is very much an inside power guy at the next level, much like Darren Evans but a little faster.
Marshawn Williams Highlight C/O @2014 - YouTube

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Run's Anthony Scott gets his first offer, WVU, who seem to be tossing offers all over the 757 lately.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time i log on here to twitter WVU has offered someone.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VA is a more insular state than it seems. When it gets cherrypicked it happens from the best schools. The surrounding state schools pick up VT and UVA's scraps in-state 90% of the time(barring UNC doing things like essentially buying Landon Turner). VA kids usually won't care what UNC/NCSU/WVU/MD/etc have to say if VT/UVA/elite OOS schools aren't calling.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see VT getting Kinlaw and Williams. Williams is higher on the board at this point...

Williams is very much an inside power guy at the next level, much like Darren Evans but a little faster.
Marshawn Williams Highlight C/O @2014 - YouTube

mayb we can still tabor but these other guys are great i can't wait to land some steals in this class but next season(2014) will be crazy

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lots of 2014 talent was on display at the JR Rank this weekend, and apparently Nnadi trucked a Marine during the event (per his twitter). I am pumped for the 2014 class already!

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of 2014 talent was on display at the JR Rank this weekend, and apparently Nnadi trucked a Marine during the event (per his twitter). I am pumped for the 2014 class already!

isn't he a uva lean
and are we leading for WR Kamara

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
isn't he a uva lean
and are we leading for WR Kamara
Kamara does like VT but also really likes UVA. Nnadi likes both UVA and VT, he is close with Harold, and his family had some worries about VT, but it is very early. Once he comes to campus a few times, I think we can sway him, right now it is very up in the air with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Any context to the Marine thing?

I like most of my Marine colleagues, but I could also "truck" the vast majority of them... And I'd get destroyed by a D-1 football recruit. I can't fault the kid for looking up to a serviceman, though, Marine or otherwise.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any context to the Marine thing?

I like most of my Marine colleagues, but I could also "truck" the vast majority of them... And I'd get destroyed by a D-1 football recruit. I can't fault the kid for looking up to a serviceman, though, Marine or otherwise.

I trucked my fair share of Marines when I played OL in 8-man ball at Camp Pendleton, but there were a couple of guys who did a reggae beat on me like I was a Jamaican steel drum. If I remember correctly, one played DL for 1st Tanks and the other played DL for one of the 5th Marine regiments.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 Virginians in 247's Top 100

#1 Da'Shawn Hand
#2 Andrew Brown
#12 Quin Blanding
#30 Caleb Henderson
#33 Jalyn Holmes
#92 Derrick Nnadi
#100 Jamil Kamara

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 Virginians in 247's Top 100

#1 Da'Shawn Hand
#2 Andrew Brown
#12 Quin Blanding
#30 Caleb Henderson
#33 Jalyn Holmes
#92 Derrick Nnadi
#100 Jamil Kamara

Kinda shocked to see Caleb Henderson so high. Hello Ryan Burns 2.0.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda shocked to see Caleb Henderson so high. Hello Ryan Burns 2.0.

Yeah, I would say that Brown, Hand, Blanding and Kamara are pretty accurate (as in rankings compared to "other" services, maybe not so much the others. Sounds like we are in good standing with Kamara at this point as well as Brown and Hand (to maybe a lesser degree). My top Virginian gets out of this class would be..in order

1) Brown
2) Kamara
3) Hand
4) Blanding
5) Nhadi

Kamara could be the best "true" WR commit for VT...ever..He could get some VERY early PT in BBurg.. We will see how he does in a different district this year..