• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried at all about getting a very quality QB in this year's (or maybe even next year's class). I think part of the reason we haven't really gotten one in the last couple years has been because of the emergence of LT (even in Tyrod's last season or two he was getting major accolades) and that the coaches have not heavily pursued one. It all goes in cycles. VT is not one of those programs that will pick up one or two 4/5* QB's every year , like say some SEC teams, USC-w, OK, Texas, ND, etc. There was Vick, a couple years later then came Randall, Then the other Vick, then Tyrod...now LT...etc.
We will land a 4* QB this year..and even if we whiff, Leal seems to more than capable of carrying the torch for a year or two. I don't think it will come down to that though.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
may be (some or all) repeat posts but:

Cameron Dillard offered by Florida
Jabo Lee offered by Minnesota
Matt Rolin offered by FSU

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not too worried at all about getting a very quality QB in this year's (or maybe even next year's class). I think part of the reason we haven't really gotten one in the last couple years has been because of the emergence of LT (even in Tyrod's last season or two he was getting major accolades) and that the coaches have not heavily pursued one. It all goes in cycles. VT is not one of those programs that will pick up one or two 4/5* QB's every year , like say some SEC teams, USC-w, OK, Texas, ND, etc. There was Vick, a couple years later then came Randall, Then the other Vick, then Tyrod...now LT...etc.
We will land a 4* QB this year..and even if we whiff, Leal seems to more than capable of carrying the torch for a year or two. I don't think it will come down to that though.

I think Leal is going to start for us regardless of our recruiting success this year. Maybe a RS-Fr will start in Leal's senior year, but I doubt it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leal is going to start for us regardless of our recruiting success this year. Maybe a RS-Fr will start in Leal's senior year, but I doubt it.

I think so too Esse..if LT leaves after this year. IMO if Leal has only one year of eligibility left (If LT stays for his senior season) and another RS-Fr Qb shows enough promise/is comparable to Leal after LT is gone..they may go in that direction..Either way, I think we are fine at QB..no worries

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Green just tweeted me he is going to be at the Spring Game. Its a long shot but atleast he will visit!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok vtff

so ive been here for just a month or so and have to ask:

On 7/11/2011 I, VT_Football_Fan, was proven wrong on a football recruit.

Who and what??

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
dude take that shit down and rep for leaving it up.

EDIT:must spread rep.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, but atleast there is a shot

After last year's performance, I wouldn't count Shane out. He closed on 10 out of 13 targets last year....8 scholarships + 2 walkons. Out of the other 3, one went to ND, one to NCSU, and one didn't sign or walkon anywhere.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via Twitter

@ZacHAttach7 VT target Oren Burks father on the trip to UVA "There was not a lot of talk about ACC championships or football."

:rofl:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, having practices in the 757, and cee lo's new album

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably lacrosse. They're cookoo for it over there.

Actually I'm being somewhat serious. Did I tell this story on this board? My cousin graduated from Johns Hopkins and her family is now big into lacrosse. I couldn't care less, of course, but last year they were in town (down from upstate NY where they live) and Hopkins was playing UVa so I drove up to B'more with them to catch the game. I told them that we should tailgate, but they didn't listen. Sure enough, we get there and it's Ascots and Cookie dough cut in blue and orange blazers as far as the eye could see. The wine coolers were flowing, DMB was blaring. A nightmarish scenario. I had my Orange and Maroon tailgate tent just begging to be pulled out of the trunk, but the crew said no. I at least convinced them that we needed one or two shots before the game so we hit up the hotel bar across the street.

We got to the game and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I figured all the standard trash about Newsweek college rankings, SAT scores, etc. was reserved for only the ACC and other non-Ivy schools... but, no. The pomposity of UVa fans knows no bounds… nor facts it seems. They were giving the same "we are the best public school university" crap to fans of JOHNS FUCKING HOPKINS!!! Hopkins, as is pretty much common with every one-point-at-a-time sport, has this little song and dance every time they score and they end it by counting the goals. Some Hoo douche actually yelled "ooohhhh, wow! so you can count!!! I hear that's a graduate level class here!!!"

I had enough. Despite the verbal and physical protests of my family I turned around and gave that guy all sorts of shit. Started looking up all of the programs where Hopkins is ranked higher (nearly everything), average SAT scores, notable alumni compared to Katie Couric, etc. etc.

And Hopkins won. It was a pretty satisifying day all in all. I was still dumbfounded.

In short… it doesn’t matter what the facts are, I’m sure the UVa folks can fill the air with plenty of other bullshit when kids come to visit.