• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think that any other BIG offers would have already come for bucky at this point...maybe he gets a few more but would totally expect it to come down to OSU or VT .. call it hokie arrogance .. UVA can get their share of recruits but don't see them stealing a top tier in-state QB from us .. but he does keep pretty quiet about it on twitter .. that's for sure ..

goes back to a previous question of mine .. after looking at some tape, those other QBs (OOS) didn't look to be super-dual-threat QBs ... just pro QBs who can run around some in a pinch. maybe there's more video out there proving me wrong...that being said, if we're offering pro-style QBs, we should have offered burns and hackenberg .. i'm sure they have their reasons...ferguson looks the best to me out of the oos prospects. i'm a little nervous about the QB recruiting too. if we miss on a good QB prospect this season, we're could be in some trouble a few years down the road.

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Noel was born in Va. but played high school in W Va 11 - Grant Noel Position: Quarterback Class: r-Senior Height: 6-2 Weight: 221 High School: Frankfort H.S. Hometown: Ridgeley, W.Va

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carlis Parker likes VT a lot. VT is going to land 1 of the 2 big ones, don't know why everyone is so ridiculously doom and gloom over this stuff.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is carlis parker considered to be the other of those big 2??

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VT should not have trouble getting a good QB but we've whiffed on several in recent years and this year the big target(Hodges) sounds far from a sure thing. It's ridiculous. VT is a top 20 team every year and the opening after 1 year of Leal is there for anyone to see

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
is carlis parker considered to be the other of those big 2??

Yes. Parker would be a guaranteed 4* if he didn't spend his junior season injured. He's a very good QB. Smaller and less polished than Hodges(missing a season is a big part of that) but faster and more elusive. You'd see Hodges developed like LT and Parker developed like TT, to make a quick comparison.

I would take Bucky first for multiple reasons but if Parker is who VT gets then it's not like he's some plan B type of QB.

Again, though, really think some of you are overreacting with Hodges.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN ranks Holland Fisher as the #1 OLB

College Football Recruiting Schools - ESPN

Unfortunately that's just how ESPN's system spits out players who are tagged on the 150 Watch List. If you look at Florida's class you'll see what I mean as they have 2 #1 OLB and the only non-150 WL kid has no numerical ranking beside his position.

College Football Recruiting Schools - ESPN

ESPN hasn't put out their 150 yet so their system is a mess before they sort it all out.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN's recruiting venture is just something else that they think they can stick their name on and profit from. And they're right. But I wouldn't put much stock into it. I've heard they have too few people working on it and can't give proper evaluations because they're stretched too thin

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn's recruiting services are slanted in the same way their television analysts are.... in the direction of greatest profits.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. Parker would be a guaranteed 4* if he didn't spend his junior season injured. He's a very good QB. Smaller and less polished than Hodges(missing a season is a big part of that) but faster and more elusive. You'd see Hodges developed like LT and Parker developed like TT, to make a quick comparison.

I would take Bucky first for multiple reasons but if Parker is who VT gets then it's not like he's some plan B type of QB.

Again, though, really think some of you are overreacting with Hodges.
not overreacting .. but maybe over-analyzing .. but hey -- it's february and we have to talk about something .. i'm just thinking that it'll come down to vt and osu

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seeing as how I don't believe he has a Clemson offer it would seem he's a plan B/C to them.

Anyways, a lot of this will start to get sorted out in the next month. SG should turn some heads.