• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably lacrosse. They're cookoo for it over there.

Actually I'm being somewhat serious. Did I tell this story on this board? My cousin graduated from Johns Hopkins and her family is now big into lacrosse. I couldn't care less, of course, but last year they were in town (down from upstate NY where they live) and Hopkins was playing UVa so I drove up to B'more with them to catch the game. I told them that we should tailgate, but they didn't listen. Sure enough, we get there and it's Ascots and Cookie dough cut in blue and orange blazers as far as the eye could see. The wine coolers were flowing, DMB was blaring. A nightmarish scenario. I had my Orange and Maroon tailgate tent just begging to be pulled out of the trunk, but the crew said no. I at least convinced them that we needed one or two shots before the game so we hit up the hotel bar across the street.

We got to the game and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I figured all the standard trash about Newsweek college rankings, SAT scores, etc. was reserved for only the ACC and other non-Ivy schools... but, no. The pomposity of UVa fans knows no bounds… nor facts it seems. They were giving the same "we are the best public school university" crap to fans of JOHNS FUCKING HOPKINS!!! Hopkins, as is pretty much common with every one-point-at-a-time sport, has this little song and dance every time they score and they end it by counting the goals. Some Hoo douche actually yelled "ooohhhh, wow! so you can count!!! I hear that's a graduate level class here!!!"

I had enough. Despite the verbal and physical protests of my family I turned around and gave that guy all sorts of shit. Started looking up all of the programs where Hopkins is ranked higher (nearly everything), average SAT scores, notable alumni compared to Katie Couric, etc. etc.

And Hopkins won. It was a pretty satisifying day all in all. I was still dumbfounded.

In short… it doesn’t matter what the facts are, I’m sure the UVa folks can fill the air with plenty of other bullshit when kids come to visit.

Since you brought up a LAX story, how did Johns Hopkins end up in the final rankings?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Oakes seems to think that ya'll are about to pick up a commit today.....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it might be Bucky Hodges.

4af83259-5180-490b-9177-43043a7e36c1.jpg

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From these tweets alone my guess is Osterloh, but I know nothing otherwise.

Jamie Oakes ‏ @JamieOakes247
Williamsburg (Va.) Warhill offensive tackle Parker Osterloh is closing in on his college decision ... SportsHoopla.com/Acf4Fj

Buckle up, UVa fans, could be a rough day on the recruiting trail ... SportsHoopla.com/wJO7d0

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not Osterloh. I think its probably Adam Breneman announcing PSU.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From these tweets alone my guess is Osterloh, but I know nothing otherwise.

Williamsburg (Va.) Warhill offensive tackle Parker Osterloh is closing in on his college decision ... SportsHoopla.com/Acf4Fj

Buckle up, UVa fans, could be a rough day on the recruiting trail ... SportsHoopla.com/wJO7d0

Osterloh has said it will be about a month before he decides.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to get your hopes up guys, honestly I wasn't trolling you all. Looks like it's going to be Hackenberg to Penn State, as Farrell just tweeted that they are about to get a big commit.