• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Chung not to make it to UVa would lead one to think that Beamer & Co. told him 'don't visit or else'. I mean Chung did tweet the day before his visit that he was headed to UVa. Yes, I know that Chung was/is going to end up @ VT regardless of which schools he visits.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For Chung not to make it to UVa would lead one to think that Beamer & Co. told him 'don't visit or else'. I mean Chung did tweet the day before his visit that he was headed to UVa. Yes, I know that Chung was/is going to end up @ VT regardless of which schools he visits.
Reaching there he has visited multiple schools this week, Beamer and co had nothing to do with it

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reaching there he has visited multiple schools this week, Beamer and co had nothing to do with it

Perhaps. I just find it odd that someone would bother to tweet that they are going to visit a specific school the next day and then don't even show up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Perhaps. I just find it odd that someone would bother to tweet that they are going to visit a specific school the next day and then don't even show up.

think about jr day/camps there are always tons of guys that "are coming" that never show up. I can think of countless times when guys visits didnt work out as originally planned.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with most of these guys Jeffro...don't think that Beams would act that way to a kid that hasn't even committed yet. Now if he had already committed, and still wanted to take visits, that can be much different depending on the person, and the situation.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That's a ridiculous assumption. Any number of things could have caused him to change his plans.

I'm hoping he is solid for VT, but I'll believe it when he gives his verbal.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jeffro couldn't be more wrong, fwiw. From the sound of it, more likely just a mutual agreement between UVA and Chung. I don't think UVA was keen on wasting the resources and Chung didn't want to waste his time if UVA wasn't going to be serious about recruiting him.

Chung is the last kind of kid Beamer would worry about visiting UVA. I think the staff would probably have a laugh over UVA trying to land the son of a guy that played under Beamer himself.

Deon Newsome would be a similar example(Myron's boy).

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse: when is the july camp? plus anyone else think theres not enough camps I read somewhere that Miami (DA U) had like 5 weekend camps in a row ....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be some truth to that, but I prefer not to take anyone for granted.

Exactly. Legacy recruits are always the one you have a leg up on but don't sleep on them, they could go elsewhere (see Vinny Mihota, I am sure there are many more examples).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a registed sex offender!

Damned if he isn't, Good detective work Stone. And it isn't statutory r*pe. Sick Motherfucker. He would be hard pressed to get an offer from ANYONE with that blemish on his record...

Surprised this hasn't been all over pilot...then again he is a juvenile I guess.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW, he had to study for finals.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, he had to study for finals.

I just tweeted with him. He said some family stuff came up, but he is planning to visit UVa sometime in July.