• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story. I don't know if we'll have room, but he looks like a versatile guy that could possibly play in a number of positions. If he keeps this up, and we end up with a spot, wouldn't shock me to see the offer go out.

Varsity Letter: Brooke Point linebacker Alex Figueroa realizes that grades matter before it’s too late - The Washington Post

Alex Figueroa BPHS - YouTube

Thats a great story. Should be mandatory reading for players.

These made me laugh:

he finally realized that all those colleges valuing his linebacking skills could not abide his class-slacking ills. When the proverbial light that teachers and parents speak of clicked on for him, it was blinding.

“the satisfaction of being able to feel like an actual student and not just like a bum sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring.”

He studied for tests days in advance instead of the period before.

OUCH, been there, done that.

Thanks for posting this.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN - Top recruit still on Alabama's radar despite picking Clemson.

Derrick Henry decommit looking to Alabama
Alvin Kamara, RB, also looking like Alabama over Georgia, and Henry helps that too.

Bama has already received 18 commits. The SEC prez's voted unanimously earlier to limit signees to 25, which is down from the 28 that NCAA rulebook allows.

I can see another year where Bama gets more commits than they can sign, and thats when the fun will begin.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love this guys team spirit.

James Hearns ‏@JamesHearns21
I just got ejected for throwing up the gator chomp at Fsu camp

James Hearns (2013) is a 4* Gator commit, tossed out of the fsu team camp for chomping.

Twitter is blowing up on it.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gotta love this guys team spirit.

James Hearns ‏@JamesHearns21
I just got ejected for throwing up the gator chomp at Fsu camp

James Hearns (2013) is a 4* Gator commit, tossed out of the fsu team camp for chomping.

Twitter is blowing up on it.

Would love to hear a more detailed account of this, im sure whatever the FSU staff told him was pure comedy.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No opinions on Moss? I think he'll be a solid player and if he's 210 now then he'll probably have no problem getting up to 230-240 because he looks pretty skinny. But that's IF he's actually 6'3"

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss looks like a solid get, and I don't think he'll have any trouble getting up to 230+.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No opinions on Moss? I think he'll be a solid player and if he's 210 now then he'll probably have no problem getting up to 230-240 because he looks pretty skinny. But that's IF he's actually 6'3"

No opinion here... take that as you will.

And I'd be pissed too. What if some UVA commit came to our camp and started acting like a gay musketeer?

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is like the 3rd year in a row where a Gator has been booted, I think. Believe it's happened at FNL as well. Recruits pick up the rivalry instantly and aren't afraid to let others know.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Trent ‏@Jester34x
@jc_coleman4 hey lil homie what are you weighing now?

J.C. Coleman ‏@jc_coleman4
@Jester34x 185 on the dot.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson continues a monster recruiting week with another huge pickup in 2013 defensive end Elijah Daniel.

Now, they have bookends on the D line.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 250 | 40: 4.70 |CLASS OF 2013

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson continues a monster recruiting week with another huge pickup in 2013 defensive end Elijah Daniel.

Now, they have bookends on the D line.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 250 | 40: 4.70 |CLASS OF 2013

Fuck me.

Tigers also a favorite to land 5* Montravius Adams, #1 DT in the country

So, its bookends around a big freelin book.

"Adams, though respectful of Nkemdiche, is far less complimentary of the consensus No. 1 recruit, who committed to Clemson on Thursday. That is because Adams believes he is every bit the player Nkemdiche is.

"I think I can do anything he can do -- just better," Adams said. "I would like to compete with him."

For now, Adams will have to be content with joining Nkemdiche in an elite group, as he recently became one of only 17 players to earn Rivals.com five-star status. He also ranks No. 1 at defensive tackle.

It's a label the 6-feet-4, 300-pounder thinks was long overdue."

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Adams won't concede No. 1 spot

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What is Clemson spending all that recruiting money on? Whatever it is, it's working.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's Dline class this year would look similar to FSU's Dline class last year if they got Adams. Let's hope this is an ACC Dline trend, and it will go our way with Hand and Brown next year!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB prospect that is committed to Clemson, who was planning on visiting other schools this summer-------

“I actually talked to coach Swinney and coach Elliott the other day and they said I’m not supposed to do that…so I don’t think I’m going to visit other schools,” Gallman said.

Swinney translated what that would mean to the Clemson staff.

“He said its kind of in the way, it’s like I’m married to the school. I’m divorced if I visit another school,” Gallman said.

I guess Dabo is of the Nick Saban persuation...... the only commitments you should break are the ones not made to me.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tulane law, Clemson was the 6th worst school in 2011 for oversigning. They signed 29, which put them 7 over on the roster, which meant that a combination of not renewing current roster players scholarships, and at least four signees would need to be told see ya. Of course, they dont do that till August, so the 4 signees that were really screwed. (as were the three rostered players who were told that their scholarship wasnt renewed)

IN 2009, Houston Nutt signed 37 at Mississippi.

Last edited by a moderator: