• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Green recently visited UT and his mom really liked it...

You may poo poo stuff like that. but when most people in the world are asked "Who had the most influence in your life?". its almost always MOTHER.

I get it that VT is one of the favorites for Green, and I get it that you know stuff I don't, and that when you put it all together, you don't see an issue with what mama has to say.

My thinking is this: Mama holds great sway over junior. All mamas do. We need to be at least the equal for mama to compare, so that when junior says I want to go to VT, she will not have any objections.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rocky ... you should REALLY stop playing Mr. Psychiatrist with teenage boys. Every kid weighs many things in their mind and you don't know what has more weight. If he has a decent mother, she'll give him advice and leave the choice up to him. Parents don't make these kinds of decisions for their kids -- or they shouldn't. Kirven really liked UT also -- but we see where he is. It is what it is. You don't know how much sway mama holds over junior. Mama didn't hold much sway over Landon Collins.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You may poo poo stuff like that. but when most people in the world are asked "Who had the most influence in your life?". its almost always MOTHER.

I get it that VT is one of the favorites for Green, and I get it that you know stuff I don't, and that when you put it all together, you don't see an issue with what mama has to say.

My thinking is this: Mama holds great sway over junior. All mamas do. We need to be at least the equal for mama to compare, so that when junior says I want to go to VT, she will not have any objections.
Moms are very influential in where a kid goes, that is a major factor in Teller as well...

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Where in the hell did this come from?

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His parents loved VT after the visit in April. His visit was a gigantic reason VT's at worst in his top 3 right now.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mama also likes Shane. It's going to be a battle for sure, but people are freaking out over every little update. Very few times is a kid going to have a bad reaction to a visit. Let's wait for the afterglow to wear off and then see where his head is. UT and PSU aren't even the favorites right now for Green. I'd say Clemson, VT, and Bama are leading.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mama also likes Shane. It's going to be a battle for sure, but people are freaking out over every little update. Very few times is a kid going to have a bad reaction to a visit. Let's wait for the afterglow to wear off and then see where his head is. UT and PSU aren't even the favorites right now for Green. I'd say Clemson, VT, and Bama are leading.
Add in OSU

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moms are very influential in where a kid goes, that is a major factor in Teller as well...

I wouldn't discount the sway of parents, and mileage will vary according to who it is. VT needs to make a positive impression on all involved.

That said, it's kind of pointless for us to try and guess what's inside a recruit's head, because in the end, it's their decision.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuller has 3 brothers that really like VT. Thought you should know.

He'll go wherever the hell he wants to go.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Add in OSU

Ah yeah I forgot about them. I wonder how much of a factor they'll be down the stretch. They are his childhood favorite and Urban is a great recruiter, but I think the other three may be more appealing to him.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't heard Derrick Green and Bama in the same breath much. Not sure if they're really in the mix that Much. Vt seems to be in it more and more. Would love to get him over Clemson #FuckDabo

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Keith Niebuhr, 247 via Rivals

Ryan Carter, a DB at Grayson (Ga.) that has a handful of offers, just called me .... here's what he tells me.

-He was not in Clemson with Robert Nkemdiche -- one of his closest friends -- the other day, but ... is hearing the Tigers may be interested. And he's hearing it from Nkemdiche. "They haven't been contacting me, but Robert said they were going to offer me soon, and are going to talk to me."

With Nkemdiche, Gallman and Kamara, Clemson will have 3 Grayson recruits in the class. If the Tigers offer Carter, a 4th is likely.

"I'd probably commit," Carter said. "My best friends are there, so I think that's somewhere I'd go. I've always wanted to play with them."

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Keith Niebuhr, 247 via Rivals

Ryan Carter, a DB at Grayson (Ga.) that has a handful of offers, just called me .... here's what he tells me.

-He was not in Clemson with Robert Nkemdiche -- one of his closest friends -- the other day, but ... is hearing the Tigers may be interested. And he's hearing it from Nkemdiche. "They haven't been contacting me, but Robert said they were going to offer me soon, and are going to talk to me."

With Nkemdiche, Gallman and Kamara, Clemson will have 3 Grayson recruits in the class. If the Tigers offer Carter, a 4th is likely.

"I'd probably commit," Carter said. "My best friends are there, so I think that's somewhere I'd go. I've always wanted to play with them."

Sounds like Clemson is taking the London approach and offering an entire highschool in order to get one player. Surprised Georgia wasn't the leader for these guys being only 30 miles away.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like Clemson is taking the London approach and offering an entire highschool in order to get one player. Surprised Georgia wasn't the leader for these guys being only 30 miles away.

Let them. They'll just cancel out the benefit of landing that superstar player by offering players they wouldn't have otherwise offered. In fact, they are welcome to copy anything they've seen UVA do that seems like a good idea.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gallman is a 4*. That Kamara offer was for Nkemdiche but Gallman definitely stands on his own.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Greens interest in clemson comes from how hard they've recruited him and there depth chart with that being said if he ends up a tiger I would be shocked, and all you cold do is take your hat off to DABO because he seems like Techs other big fish this year....