• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to take the time to do that. I don't care what anyone says unless VT gets at least 1 of Mizzell, Green, and Teller then it's a bad year in the state. UVA has not given VT any competition on the field in years so there's no excuse to lose anyone we want to them unless its a numbers game with the roster and somebody is worried about playing time. If the coaches are going to suck in NC and about every other neighboring state then they better get it done in Virginia

You seriously think there are only two factors that should ever cause us to lose a recruit: 1) the school they choose fields a better team than VT or 2) they are concerned about playing time at VT?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Under User CP you will see 'Edit Ignore List' on the left hand side under Settings & Options. You can add users there.

sweet .. tested it .. and it works

foozball .. you've been warned :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... unless VT gets at least 1 of Mizzell, Green, and Teller then it's a bad year in the state.

Two of those are (very good) RBs. From last year, we appear to have a T-Fr, a redshirt, and (possibly) a prepper, plus a LB that might be a better RB than all of them. How could missing on ANY RB break our class? Would we have loved to take Keith Marshall in 2012? Hell yeah. Did we need him? Hell no.

You can argue for a big DT/DE if you want, but I think Brown or Hand could take over from Maddy and co. as underclassmen if we went a year with ZERO DTs. Maybe it would even help get them.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many excuses can you guys make? This guy was originally from Alabama, we have players in front of him, this one was SEC all the way, another had family from SC, this ones HS coach is pro UVA. Whatever it all amounts to losing players we want. I guess though the main player ticking me off is Teller if he doesn't choose VT. Get him and I'm fine. Or are you guys not noticing how we're striking out with OL left and right? The coaches should be telling him to prepare for the Alabama game because he would be starting at OT

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You seriously think there are only two factors that should ever cause us to lose a recruit: 1) the school they choose fields a better team than VT or 2) they are concerned about playing time at VT?

Is UVA paying players? What is it then? I mean it is stinking UVA

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ekanem loves VT, but it took a long time to convince him that he'd get the right fit in our scheme. Crawley loved VT, but didn't feel like they loved him back enough. Rodriguez loved VT, but didn't want to take the extra classes to get in. IMO, Kirven balked partially because he was expected to come to VT. These may be kids, but they are human. Their thoughts aren't as linear as ours as adults, but there are more of them. Let's give them a little credit here that they can at least think for themselves. I can't imagine trying to think through all the BS.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many excuses can you guys make? This guy was originally from Alabama, we have players in front of him, this one was SEC all the way, another had family from SC, this ones HS coach is pro UVA. Whatever it all amounts to losing players we want. I guess though the main player ticking me off is Teller if he doesn't choose VT. Get him and I'm fine. Or are you guys not noticing how we're striking out with OL left and right? The coaches should be telling him to prepare for the Alabama game because he would be starting at OT
Teller will not come if its an OL offer Imo. We are still in it right now that things have been clarified with him and our positions of need but we have to make up ground fast.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These may be kids, but they are human. Their thoughts aren't as linear as ours as adults, but there are more of them. Let's give them a little credit here that they can at least think for themselves. I can't imagine trying to think through all the BS.

What has led you to believe that members of this board can think linearly?

Forrest said it best, Stupid is as stupid does.

Hell, even Bubba knew that there are dozens of ways to cook shrimp, just as there are dozens of reasons for selecting a school to attend, and only one of them has anything to do with making it to the NFL.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whatever it all amounts to losing players we want.

A few points you need to start considering before you post anything about recruiting or recruits:

1. You can't lose what you don't have.

2. No matter how much YOU may want a certain recruit, he may have very little, if any, interest in Tech.

2. Nothing matters until the LOI is signed.

3. Try doing a little homework and double-checking before you make your "I'm smarter than everyone" remarks.

Follow those simple guidelines and you'll get a lot less flak.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not going to take the time to do that...

LOL!! Of course not!

You won't take the time to do the analysis I requested because you know it will prove your statement wrong.

Keep throwing your bs over the plate and we'll keep slapping it right back at you.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These may be kids, but they are human. Their thoughts aren't as linear as ours as adults, but there are more of them. Let's give them a little credit here that they can at least think for themselves. I can't imagine trying to think through all the BS.

What has led you to believe that members of this board can think linearly?

Forrest said it best, Stupid is as stupid does.

Hell, even Bubba knew that there are dozens of ways to cook shrimp, just as there are dozens of reasons for selecting a school to attend, and only one of them has anything to do with making it to the NFL.

Sorry to be completely off topic, but what exactly do you guys mean when you say "linear thinking?" When I hear "linear thinking" I think of a step by step process used to reach a conclusion or solution. I would say the type of thinking that recruits, their parents, and certain members of the board aren't so adept at is "logical" or "rational" thinking.

Sorry again, I feel like a UVA fan for typing this.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL!! Of course not!

You won't take the time to do the analysis I requested because you know it will prove your statement wrong.

Keep throwing your bs over the plate and we'll keep slapping it right back at you.

You haven't done the research yourself yet you are calling it BS. Somebody mentioned Alabama and Auburn. First of all neither one is done with the 2013 class I assure you. VT is not looking good for the rest of the top 15 in Virginia so we're pretty close to getting all we're going to get. Secondly Auburn just won a national championship. UVA just got into a bowl game. Big difference. I'd expect some competition from Auburn. I haven't checked but I'd say Baylor is not doing too well either but that's probably because of Texas, TCU, and Texas Tech. VT has UVA. Pathetic how VT doesn't own the state every year

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You haven't done the research yourself yet you are calling it BS. Somebody mentioned Alabama and Auburn. First of all neither one is done with the 2013 class I assure you. VT is not looking good for the rest of the top 15 in Virginia so we're pretty close to getting all we're going to get. Secondly Auburn just won a national championship. UVA just got into a bowl game. Big difference. I'd expect some competition from Auburn. I haven't checked but I'd say Baylor is not doing too well either but that's probably because of Texas, TCU, and Texas Tech. VT has UVA. Pathetic how VT doesn't own the state every year
We get ours, they get theirs and we win on the field...

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happier with class if it ended like this than the 2011 class, and maybe the 2010 class. I'm just happy we have a good QB on deck and we won't have to be coaching up athletes like Motley.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what you continously fail to realize is that it's not always about football for these kids. Distance from home, course offerings, location of campus have a lot to do with it as well.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pathetic how VT doesn't own the state every year

Tech has won the last 12 out of 13 games against UVA to include the last 8.

We own the state in the only category that matters...wins head-to-head.

Fwiw, you brought up the subject of teams in the Top 25 getting most of the the top 15 recruits in their respective states. I just assumed you had done some work on the subject. My bad...based on your past posting history I should have known better.

Btw, you pay way too much attention to player-rankings and stars. I'll take whoever the Tech coaching staff signs. Unlike you, they know what they're talking about.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry to be completely off topic, but what exactly do you guys mean when you say "linear thinking?" When I hear "linear thinking" I think of a step by step process used to reach a conclusion or solution. I would say the type of thinking that recruits, their parents, and certain members of the board aren't so adept at is "logical" or "rational" thinking.

Sorry again, I feel like a UVA fan for typing this.

You don't have to apologize. The process you described is precisely what I meant. I'm not talking about deductive/inductive reasoning or anything else. I'm talking about loving one school one day and another the next, being swayed by a uniform combination, bowing down to Saban's star power, sudden signing day guilt trips by the hometown team/prostitution ring, etc. It's just plain unpredictable. Does anyone here remember how serious and tumultuous high school relationships high school relationships were? Imagine half the hot girls in your county asking you out, and the other half flirting hard. Come on... Would we have picked out the same one that our parents would have?

Sorry for this being so off topic. We can talk all day about it and not understand a single recruit. I've picked the brains of terrorists, and I can't tell you the first thing about Wyatt Teller or Derrick Green. I'm just happy when guys we want also want us. That's it.