• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to go ahead and offer Burks in my opinion. Don't think he'll rise to a 5* .. but I could see Fisher moving up from the #72 spot because he is basically murdering every camp he's in .. and now of course with a Bama offer, his stock will rise.

rivalsmike said that there's a new 5* that no one has predicted .. would be funny if that ends up to be our very own Holland Fisher. Could see Green or Smoke possible .. Those are probably the only three I could see as possible 5's

As someone said earlier, Hamilton could end up being a 4* (really want to land him and put him at WR) and Jefferson could also.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the rivals->VT love .. Fisher dropped down to #82. Fuller is now the #3 overall prospect and Derrick Green is now overall #12 and rated as a 5*

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How worried should VT fans be about Fisher in regards to the Bama offer?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too... especially EGW. It's all setting up to be a great class.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For Fooz:

J.C. Shurburtt - "Currently, we have [VT] rated as the top class in the ACC."

247 Sports' J.C. Shurburtt talks about the Hokies' 2013 class, Kendall Fuller | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

That's because VT has started strong but I don't think they are going to finish strong. I don't like how they are having trouble in Virginia this year where they concentrate most of their efforts. I doubt there is a top 25 team from last year that will have as little success with their states top 15 as VT will have.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rivals->VT love .. Fisher dropped down to #82. Fuller is now the #3 overall prospect and Derrick Green is now overall #12 and rated as a 5*

also Teller... He was top 250 when I'd last checked, but is now in the top 100 (#75 overall).

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's because VT has started strong but I don't think they are going to finish strong. I don't like how they are having trouble in Virginia this year where they concentrate most of their efforts. I doubt there is a top 25 team from last year that will have as little success with their states top 15 as VT will have.

Are you kidding me? and that opinion is based on what foozball? what makes you think that VT won't finish strong ... because they started strong??

We ended up with the top 2 OL in the state, a VERY strong defensive class so far, our QB of the future, a backup plan to that, looking to add the best CB in the country ... what else do you really expect??

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep in mind that the top 15 includes 2 QBs we didn't recruit (we got what we wanted there). And Allen, who is really an Alabama kid more than VA (grew up there). And it was always going to be uphill for Rolin, whose parents both went to USCe so you know he grew up a Gamecocks fan (I think he also has family in Columbia). And when you see someone commit as early as Doug Randolph did, obviously nobody had much of a chance there and it wouldn't have mattered what state he was from. A school like Stanford with their great academics is just going to pull someone every now and then based on that.

We've got 3 of 247s top 15 committed (rivals hasn't released their list yet) in Bucky, Fisher, and Clark. Harris and Levenberry committed elsewhere, and you have to miss especially Harris, except that I think we'll be ok at that position.

The remaining 5 are Green, Smoke, Teller, Reid, and Wilkins. You have to like our chances with Reid. From the little I've seen it sounds like we'll lose Wilkins (anyone know the story there?). We may lose the other 3, but we seem to be in it, and I'm not one to be pessimistic. We'll see what happens there in good time.

If we can pull two more VA top 15 commits, I think you'd have to say VT did alright for itself, given all the factors involved this year. Not all years are created equal. Nor states (VA gets a lot more transplants than Alabama, for instance). But even given that, I'm sure you can find years where a bunch of another state's top 15 didn't go to the big state powerhouse.

Also, if you expand your scope... we've had very good success outside of the current top 15 in-state. And this seems to be a pretty deep class. And some of those guys are going to move up from where they're rated right now (e.g. Jefferson). Maybe one of them even cracks an updated top 15 down the road, who knows.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
....If you want the 5* guys with offers and obscene promises from every program in the country, two of whom happen to be the top VA prospects, you can find them on the 2014 thread. That'll be our fireworks year.

Rep....big-time.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? and that opinion is based on what foozball? what makes you think that VT won't finish strong ... because they started strong??

We ended up with the top 2 OL in the state, a VERY strong defensive class so far, our QB of the future, a backup plan to that, looking to add the best CB in the country ... what else do you really expect??

it's all about numbers with fooz. And needing something to complain about. I'll grant that we'll probably lose 2/3 of the top 15 in-state this year, but whereas I still think we'll have done pretty darn well in-state some people will look at that and say it was a bad year. Eh... everyone to their opinion, I just can't agree.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'll be very interested to see your analysis of the respective top 15 in-state players by last season's final Top 25. If you don't mind, please break that down by both the final AP and Coaches polls.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very interested to see your analysis of the respective top 15 in-state players by last season's final Top 25. If you don't mind, please break that down by both the final AP and Coaches polls.

Even in the state of Alabama, Bama only has commitments from 6 of the top 15. Auburn has 4 and they are not expected to do much of anything unless Cam Newton has a clone

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparko: We ended up with the top 2 OL in the state, a VERY strong defensive class so far, our QB of the future, a backup plan to that, looking to add the best CB in the country ... what else do you really expect??

Foozball: Well sparko, ending off the in-state with Green or Smoke and Teller would be a great start! We could maybe offer Dasean Hamilton and DJ Reid a greyshirt or walk-on opportunity. Fuller is a must get. Nkemdiche, North, Rochelle, Kalambayi ...if we could get 5 of these guys to end it off..with a walk-on or two...that might push the class into a Top 10-15 class.

:rolleyes:
Sorry guys..had to have some fun with that....

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm not going to take the time to do that. I don't care what anyone says unless VT gets at least 1 of Mizzell, Green, and Teller then it's a bad year in the state. UVA has not given VT any competition on the field in years so there's no excuse to lose anyone we want to them unless its a numbers game with the roster and somebody is worried about playing time. If the coaches are going to suck in NC and about every other neighboring state then they better get it done in Virginia

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
serious question for the mods: is there a way to hide posts from certain SportsHoopla users?

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to take the time to do that. I don't care what anyone says unless VT gets at least 1 of Mizzell, Green, and Teller then it's a bad year in the state. UVA has not given VT any competition on the field in years so there's no excuse to lose anyone we want to them unless its a numbers game with the roster and somebody is worried about playing time. If the coaches are going to suck in NC and about every other neighboring state then they better get it done in Virginia

The three players you mentioned, while talented, (and unless Teller is an OT) are not positions of need for us right now. In my mind, all three of them might go elsewhere because of the amount of bodies we have ahead of them.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serious question for the mods: is there a way to hide posts from certain SportsHoopla users?

Under User CP you will see 'Edit Ignore List' on the left hand side under Settings & Options. You can add users there.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea... we only have the #1 class in the ACC right now according to 24/7 in a year with very few schollys to give.....we suck. This class will end up atleast as good as last years as far as overall quality goes.