• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker Osterloh to CB... you saw it here first folks.:heh:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrian can coach him up. Watkins, etc would never be allowed to get off the LOS in bump and run.

I can't see an over the shoulder fade in the endzone being that effective either! lol

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What do you guys think of the possibility of Wyatt Teller as a Mike?? I know he would have to get his weight down a little bit (don't look like there is much flab on him to burn though) and get a little bit quicker/faster, but he has the frame and motor to be a force inside IMO. I am sure he will stay at DE but..just a thought..

A lot closer to a DT or OG than a ML imo.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I had heard UVA was the leader, does this discussion mean that there has been a change?

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's tweets from rivals and Schurburtt saying UVA is getting really good news from two top in state prospects... I'm assuming Mizzell and teller? Any insight from anyone?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can understand Mizzell not wanting to choose VT with the RBs they stocked up on last class but Teller? Why is that stinking school giving VT trouble with him? Is it early playing time or what? I'd hate to think of how it would be if UVA were actually good

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This post would go in my grumble thread but since it's locked...

As good as last year was for VT recruiting in Virginia it looks like it will be as bad this year

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Rowland rivals was the first one I saw. And I want to say I saw one from a 247 guy as well.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's tweets from rivals and Schurburtt saying UVA is getting really good news from two top in state prospects... I'm assuming Mizzell and teller? Any insight from anyone?

Schurburtt hasn't tweeted anything about UVA for the last three days. I checked, and double-checked again to make sure.

You're safer if you copy and paste tweets that might be of interest.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This post would go in my grumble thread but since it's locked...

As good as last year was for VT recruiting in Virginia it looks like it will be as bad this year

Fooz, by the time I finish typing this, I'm sure someone will have jumped on you for "being pessimistic". I'm not going to do that, but I will disagree with you.

I understand it's frustrating seeing the top-ranked VA guys with OOS logos beside their names, seeing the 2nd-ranked RB lean towards UVA, and seeing kids or their parents fall for the "Mike London is the world's best Christian and disciplinarian" BS, as if Frank doesn't read the same Bible and care about his players. That said, VT will continue to find success by filling their own needs year in and year out. I, for one, can't be too upset with this class. We have our hand-picked, long coveted QB for the future, with a damn good second option slash play-making WR just for good measure. We landed the most versatile defensive player in the state (Fisher), with one of the most versatile offensive weapons (Reid) listening hard. We took the state's two best O-linemen - ending a drought for us - to add to the under-the-radar giants we took last year. We sit in the enviable position of favorite for the best Cornerback in the country... who just may be the safest bet to be a superstar that we've ever recruited. He plays the position that we've most successfully developed over the years, and happens to have three older brothers that have thrived in our program.

We don't have many scholarships available, and have even fewer snaps available for young guys next year; this was never supposed to be a monster class for us. I can't complain because we lose interest from highly-touted HS seniors because we have LOI-bound studs at their position sucking down Gentry shakes and waiting for their Freshman campaigns. Long story short: we've filled the holes we needed to fill with the players that we wanted the most (and offered first) to fill them. If you want the 5* guys with offers and obscene promises from every program in the country, two of whom happen to be the top VA prospects, you can find them on the 2014 thread. That'll be our fireworks year.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ this. What are you thinking, fooz? Seriously... you can't just throw that out there and then not say why you think that. Seems to me we're hauling in a pretty stout class, and dominating UVA to this point for in-state recruits.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right with you Tag. I just hope we can hang onto Holland Fisher.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, nothing screams "bad class" like having 2 top 100 players already committed and being the heavy favorite for a top 10 player not to mention plenty of other talented kids already committed. VT's going to land another couple of 4* players and a 5* to go with what they already have and given them a top 20 class in a year where they don't have a lot of room.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot closer to a DT or OG than a ML imo.

On Teller..per FREE rivals..

"The Eagles big man is surely to draw a considerable amount of attention over the course of the next two seasons. "He is the full package," says Liberty coach Tommy Buzzo, "barefooted, he is nearly 6-foot-5, he weighs 247 pounds now, he's got a ridiculous motor and his wingspan is one more likely to be found on a 6-foot-7, or 6-foot-8 kid. He's young, he has no body fat and he's got a great work ethic. Most of the coaches like him more when they come in and see him work out than they do watching his film."

I guess maybe he is a little bit big for Mike. He is certainly at a very good weight for Mike RIGHT now..but may be too tall/not shifty fast enough to do that in VT's system. In other systems, if he could keep his weight there, or down a little bit, and get his 40 time/quickness better I think he could do it. But with that wingspan he might be more of a tackle than a guard in terms of OL..

Regardless Teller, Green and Fuller should be the top guys on the board left for VT IMO..

Speaking of Green (and Smoke)..they are still rising. Will be a hard pull for these guys..

HokieHaven.com - Risers, fallers of new Rivals rankings

Any predictions (upgrades/downgrades) of the other VT commits we have on board already?? Looks like rivals is coming out with new rankings/grades this week..

Last edited by a moderator: