• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Matt Rolin has committed to South Carolina.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That sucks. Maybe we'll see him down the road. I guess we knew that's where he stood currently, and that we'd only gain if he waited long enough.

I think the "VT connection" was overrated, anyway... he's got MUCH stronger ties to Columbia.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rolin committed to South Carolina. Sucks ass. I'm just disappointed because of his offer list because I don't really know anything about him. He has to be good based on that offer list

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rolin committed to South Carolina. Sucks ass. I'm just disappointed because of his offer list because I don't really know anything about him. He has to be good based on that offer list

His tape is everywhere. Big guy, good speed and great athleticism. Plays extremely high and a little unorthodox, and seems to tackle with his weight/momentum and not his legs. Highlights are highlights, so someone who has seen him in person would have to weigh in on his decision-making.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We will be fine at LB, it sucks to lose him but we will be fine...

As someone said above, his deep family ties to USC were too much to over come.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cleaned up enough at LB last year to miss out on some this year. Will clean up at DL next year to miss out on some this year. In the process of cleaning up at DB this year to miss out on some next year.

Unlike years past, where we've struggled recruiting defensive blue chips for some weird reason, about 2 years ago things really changed and now VT is killing it on the D side. Very welcome change. Next few years are going to be the first where the 4 and 5* on the field will start to equal or outnumber the 2/3* and that's going to make a big difference in these big games.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being the glass half full type guy I am... anybody else thinking this might mean VT ups Oren Burks offer from a GS???

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being the glass half full type guy I am... anybody else thinking this might mean VT ups Oren Burks offer from a GS???

Doubt it. Most everyone could see even at the very beginning of the recruitment process for Rolin that South Carolina was going to be pretty much unbeatable.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. Most everyone could see even at the very beginning of the recruitment process for Rolin that South Carolina was going to be pretty much unbeatable.

IDK about that jeffro... Seemed like Tech had a decent chance with Rolin, I know he loves that area and has family there, but tech with a couple more visit had a punchers shot... Oh well I guess only time will tell if Burks offer gets stepped up, because if not tech will not be getting him!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, but linebacker is not a big need in this class. I think that the GS offer to Burks is less about him being ready, and more about creating separation from last year's class.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but linebacker is not a big need in this class. I think that the GS offer to Burks is less about him being ready, and more about creating separation from last year's class.

But the fact is if Roling commited to the Hokies yesterday than he wouldn't have had the opportunity to seperate to far from last years class as well... I completely agree with you about Burks I think he doesn't need the time to get ready for the fbs level, so therefore I believe Tech offers him and he can be Rolins replacement that 6'3-6'4 frame can pack on 230 pounds... what do u think 46??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, personally I hope so. I actually just watched some more film on him and he is the perfect guy to bring in and bulk up to be the next jumbo Mike. I have just not heard anything yet that indicates that they will. They may just be not doing much re-evaluating right now.

If Burks was offered an immediate spot, I think he would jump on it right away. I feel like he wants to be a Hokie. All interviews kind of indicate that and the Vandyke boys are here. If we lose a LB to attrition (which I think is very possible), I could see that offer moving up.

Personally, I hope it does.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Only time will tell right now, but I would put about an 80% chance on that happening at some point. As other have said, if his offer is bumped to regular enrollment I could not see him going anywhere else.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also haven't heard much coming out of GA in regards to Brandon Facyson... I've said this name several times but this kid is going to be special... it's a 2 team race for him right now GT vs VT but wherever he lands I think he will eventually be a all acc performer ... alot like David Amerson coming out of highschool!! Underrated*

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also haven't heard much coming out of GA in regards to Brandon Facyson... I've said this name several times but this kid is going to be special... it's a 2 team race for him right now GT vs VT but wherever he lands I think he will eventually be a all acc performer ... alot like David Amerson coming out of highschool!! Underrated*
Brandon is taking everything slow, but IMO VT is the team to beat. He is evaluating all of his options and seeing what schools are the best fit for him. If he were to announce today, I think it would be to VT. GT is very much in the race for him and he has picked up a few more offers he wants to evaluate, but if things stay as they are now it will be VT.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon is taking everything slow, but IMO VT is the team to beat. He is evaluating all of his options and seeing what schools are the best fit for him. If he were to announce today, I think it would be to VT. GT is very much in the race for him and he has picked up a few more offers he wants to evaluate, but if things stay as they are now it will be VT.

Good Stuff!! Tech would definitely take him no matter when he decides to commit... I know he projects as a free safety and I think he would be a great one because his long arms and ability to cover the field, but I would love too see him at corner if Fuller commits to Clemson ...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Stuff!! Tech would definitely take him no matter when he decides to commit... I know he projects as a free safety and I think he would be a great one because his long arms and ability to cover the field, but I would love too see him at corner if Fuller commits to Clemson ...

I wouldn't be too concerned about the second part of that comment, but yeah Facyson will be a great add, regardless. :D

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, the guys at VTScoop are doing a great job of tracking Tech recruits and how they're trending. This FREE offering by 247Sports-VTScoop tracks Tech's offers and is always up-to-date. It's definitely a good double-check on the info we're getting here....

FREE 247Sports-VTScoop Football Offer List for Tech

Seems to favor UVA alot.... DJ Reid is def between USF and VT but they have UVA in it as well... O well cant get them all right