• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems to favor UVA alot.... DJ Reid is def between USF and VT but they have UVA in it as well... O well cant get them all right

Just fyi, but the guys at VTScoop are long-time Tech fans. The main guy, CZY, has been on the Tech message boards going back to the late 1990s

If they're telling us a player is leaning toward UVA or any other school, then I would trust that they've done their homework and know what they're talking about.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fyi, but the guys at VTScoop are long-time Tech fans. The main guy, CZY, has been on the Tech message boards going back to the late 1990s

If they're telling us a player is leaning toward UVA or any other school, then I would trust that they've done their homework and know what they're talking about.

Ok buddy... I was just pointing out the fact that DJ Reid is listed as a favoring UVA equally as much as USF and VT from every interview I've read on Reid seems to suggest he's no longer considering. The wahoos on a equal plane as the other two schools... But if u say the guy is legit buddy ill take your word for it, just pointing out that one prospects list

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, personally I hope so. I actually just watched some more film on him and he is the perfect guy to bring in and bulk up to be the next jumbo Mike. I have just not heard anything yet that indicates that they will. They may just be not doing much re-evaluating right now.

If Burks was offered an immediate spot, I think he would jump on it right away. I feel like he wants to be a Hokie. All interviews kind of indicate that and the Vandyke boys are here. If we lose a LB to attrition (which I think is very possible), I could see that offer moving up.

Personally, I hope it does.

VT needs to find a replacement for 250+ lb Bruce Taylor. I think if VT goes smallish on the DL and has an undersized LB position in the WHIP they need another big body in the front 7

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT needs to find a replacement for 250+ lb Bruce Taylor. I think if VT goes smallish on the DL and has an undersized LB position in the WHIP they need another big body in the front 7

I agree.

Right now Tyler is in the 230lb range but shorter and about as big as he can get.

Laiti is 6'3" but has not filled out as much as Taylor is and has not been an impactful player yet.

Deon Clarke is 6'3-4" and appears to have the frame to add a good amount of Gentry shakes. I think that he is the future Mike for us right now.

The underrated thing about Taylor though are his eyes and instincts. He slips through gaps like few linebackers of his size that I have seen. He is very smart and observant at that spot.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on how Taylor's recovery is going?

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree the LBs for tech don't need to be that big was Vince Hall that big??? I don't think so and I believe we all would agree if we can get a guy who's around 230 around the time he's ready to contribute than that player using his awareness as opposed to his extra weight can be equally effective

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the Pro day reports I think he was listed at 5'11 238... IMO. A player that grows to 230- 240 who has the awareness and instinct to thrive in the position is what we need not simply someone with great measureables ... Look at Nic Acree... Guy with tremendous size prototypical NFL lineman size yet he has yet to crack the two deep and changed positions because a player like Corey marshall who is 50 pounds lighter is more instinctive at that position tech doesn't need more Bruce taylors if they were readily available idk a team in the country who would try to grab them tech needs a decent size kid who can step in 3 years from now and can play instinctively...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think the MLB needs to be 250 but around 240 would be nice. Weight isn't everything but I just don't like being undersized everywhere on D. Rolin is 6'4" and will be huge, same thing for Burks probably. I think they need to get Burks because the other LBs VT hauled in for 2012 might be on the small side. You never know how much weight somebody will gain but it's a safer bet they will gain more weight with a taller frame. The LB haul also might be one short because I think I read where Edmunds wanted to try RB first

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never mind I was looking at sophomore film. The senior highlights on hokiesports.com are much more impressive. Yeah I think he has some potential

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Hall was a fan favorite but as far as on field ability, Bruce Taylor is a much better lnebacker than Hall was, IMO.

I'd actually agree with u there but the chances of tech landing a player with the size athleticism great overall attitude and instincts of Bruce Taylor are slim... So I guess what I'm saying is if Rolin is Taylor and Burks is Hall than I'd be fine with that as a replacement.. Just try to find another mike for 2014

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look at Nic Acree... Guy with tremendous size prototypical NFL lineman size yet he has yet to crack the two deep and changed positions

Acree blew out a knee during his junior year in high school. He didn't play football at all during his senior year which he spent at FUMA after transferring from King William. The original plan had been for Acree to experience tougher competition will playing for FUMA but his knee injury killed that plan.

Based on the above, he came to Tech as a very raw recruit. During his R-Fr year at Tech in 2010 it was determined he lacked the instincts to play DT as Teck likes the position to be played. He was moved to the offensive line during the preseason of 2011 where he began learning how to play OT. He is now a R-Soph with three years to play.

Most OLs at Tech don't get much playing time until their third or fourth year.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce is doing well. 0 chance Reid goes to UVA. I'd put it at - chance if that were possible.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of the possibility of Wyatt Teller as a Mike?? I know he would have to get his weight down a little bit (don't look like there is much flab on him to burn though) and get a little bit quicker/faster, but he has the frame and motor to be a force inside IMO. I am sure he will stay at DE but..just a thought..

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of the possibility of Wyatt Teller as a Mike?? I know he would have to get his weight down a little bit (don't look like there is much flab on him to burn though) and get a little bit quicker/faster, but he has the frame and motor to be a force inside IMO. I am sure he will stay at DE but..just a thought..

I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he moves to OT, but I'd be absolutely floored if he slid back to Mike.