• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody noticing Holland Fisher is Really Blowing up. Guy is really improving his ball skills, and we now he can tackle, now his covering skill are getting Alot better and he may rise in the new Rivals 100 whenever it is

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anybody noticing Holland Fisher is Really Blowing up. Guy is really improving his ball skills, and we now he can tackle, now his covering skill are getting Alot better and he may rise in the new Rivals 100 whenever it is
Fisher will be a very special player, hopefully he can get everything in line to get here on time..

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its something in the water, which tastes like crap btw.

Tongans and Samoans are genetically predisposed to being gigantic human beings. Just part of their makeup. Big reason why the Pac-12 swarms on those guys for recruiting. They're huge and usually have nasty mean streaks.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to this mothers day edition of the verbal commitmen on ESPN matt rolin and his mom were on... sounds like FLA ST is out of it for him, he did mention SC and VT though

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 time state champ Phoebus exploding.

Per coach Sexton, VT, will offer RB Pittman (2013) if he can get his grades in order. (Miami, Miss, Ill, and Syracuse already have, which doesn't speak too highly of them academically)

Bama invited Brantley, Pittman, and Wilson to camp.

VT watching Mark Wilson's (2013) grades too, and will offer if they get where they need to be (again, Syracuse, Ill, and Purdue already have offered him, WTF? VT has tougher acadamic requirements than Purdue? who knew?)

Same schools (VT included) also interested to see how Atavius Matthews (2013) has recovered from a torn knee ligament.

Am I the only one surprised at the number of additional players VT is still wooing from 2013?

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes because those guys are great players just having obstacles to go through, we knew VA was deep this year, and think if guys like zach goins and kris wilson can burst to the scene at our summer camps, VA may have top 50 of not just D1 players but guys plaing in the Big 6 conferences plus some, i mean almost every recruiting site has a differnet top 25 or 30 and still have to leave out great players. i think its smart just in case we can't land teller, and steal rolin, green, and allen, or if hamilton and burks look elsewhere which i don't think they will, as well as reid, but all these guys have great offers so to be safe we need to keep recruiting. Walk-ons anyone

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes because those guys are great players just having obstacles to go through, we knew VA was deep this year, and think if guys like zach goins and kris wilson can burst to the scene at our summer camps, VA may have top 50 of not just D1 players but guys plaing in the Big 6 conferences plus some, i mean almost every recruiting site has a differnet top 25 or 30 and still have to leave out great players. i think its smart just in case we can't land teller, and steal rolin, green, and allen, or if hamilton and burks look elsewhere which i don't think they will, as well as reid, but all these guys have great offers so to be safe we need to keep recruiting. Walk-ons anyone

Yes Ray, I concur.

My question was a bit rhetorical, but my not so clear implication was one regarding the number of scholarships we have available to offer for the 2013 class, a smaller number than usual, considering the number of commits we already have, and the number of likely commits we already expect. I don't believe the math works out to offer another three from one school, and who knows how many others from other schools. The players mentioned aren't likely candidates for walk on, since the likes of Bama (and many other BCS schools) are already in the mix for these players.

I was asking if I was the only one surprised at Sexton's implying that VT would be offering considering the # of scholarships. Sorry I wasnt clear.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tongans and Samoans are genetically predisposed to being gigantic human beings. Just part of their makeup. Big reason why the Pac-12 swarms on those guys for recruiting. They're huge and usually have nasty mean streaks.

You do know that I was being disingenuous right?

There is so much chlorine in the water, my visitors from New England couldn't drink in, nor could they drink fountain soda made from local water, or even ice for that matter.

And yes, Ive spent lots of time in Hawaii, and the Samoans are indeed big people.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be honest, I knew he was a 4* kid when VT landed him but I had a lot of doubts about where other sites had him ranked. He's shown me he belongs in the top 100 for every site, kid is a total stud.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we looking at around 18-20 for the 2013 class in the end still? I remember Newsome mentioned he was going to try and enroll early before.