• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to get Green

VT_Hokies#5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure how i ended up here. I'm very interested in the recruiting process and ended up here one way or another through Google

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@mjosurecruit: UVA safety commit Tim Harris tells me he plans on taking officials to Ohio State, Oregon, and Virginia Tech.

I always figured he'd end up at whoVa in the end, but remember not long after he committed he told Davon EDIT: well here ya go

Davon Morgan‏@Morgan_2Ready

“@CRZYtharris3: UVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” #KILL DAT NOISE MANEEEEEE

Tim Harris‏@CRZYtharris3Reply

didnt sign no paper yet anything can happen

Maybe others have been in his ear also, plus guys have to notice the London isnt exactly "taking over" the 757 this year. But hey, im sure TH is just enjoying the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke gets Clemson, Tenn, and Cinn.

Penn State soon.

Says UVA and WVU will be in his final list (WVU simply because they told him that they NEED him, not WANT him)

I understand what he means by that, but, come on smoke! Is that really a good reason?

Hello to all. I come in peace. I'm not quite sure who 'smoke' is - and are you talking about an offer or a visit?

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn just updated there ratings it looks like and bucky, holland, cequan, and carlis all got 3 point jumps and are now rated 83 while deon newsome took a two point drop and now rates at 75 ... only recruits i could think of that were rated 83 or higher for tech in the past couple years are logan thomas, nick dew, david wilson, and ruru 3/4 of those players have made big impacts in the program... finally tech recruits getting some respect

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bank on Tim Harris taking any of those visits...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. No way his coach will allow him to go anywhere but UVA.

Then his coach should be fired in all seriousness. Why not push him to the place where he has the best chance for success no matter what school it is.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL help coming in 2015?

The little brother of Andrew Motu’apuaka (VT 2013 commit), is ninth grader Army Motu’apuaka (2015)

Maybe I should have said big brother of Andrew.

JMU offered Army his first yesterday.

Army is currently 5'11", 220 and projects out to 6'3, 260 at HS graduation.

I think its something in the water, which tastes like crap btw.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then his coach should be fired in all seriousness. Why not push him to the place where he has the best chance for success no matter what school it is.

He can push him wherever he wants, and I agree with you, no way should he push he anywhere.

For me, I will never buy the assertion that any HS coach will only "allow" a player to go to one place.

These recruits are generally turning 18 upon graduation, and are young men. If they have something that gets them into UVA, thats an accomplishment, and therefore they are accomplished young men.

I give them credit for having enough brains to know when smoke (pun intended) is being blown up their asses, especially guys like Taquan, who could have the NFL in his future, and Im sure he knows that his college playing days will have a huge sway in his future.

Sometimes, I think in simple terms, ie, maybe talent from the 757 simply picks UVA over VT because its about half the drive to UVA from 757, and that makes it a day trip for moms and pops, versus an overnighter to VT.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello to all. I come in peace. I'm not quite sure who 'smoke' is - and are you talking about an offer or a visit?

He is considered more than a strong lean to UVA. He hasn't committed because he likes getting his ego stroked.

Taquan Mizzell

As a life long fan of PS and all things Paterno, I was grieved to hear of his passing, his sons release, and the whole damn fiasco that took place.

The pre Big 10 glory days will return eventually.

All the best.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can push him wherever he wants, and I agree with you, no way should he push he anywhere.

For me, I will never buy the assertion that any HS coach will only "allow" a player to go to one place.

These recruits are generally turning 18 upon graduation, and are young men. If they have something that gets them into UVA, thats an accomplishment, and therefore they are accomplished young men.

I give them credit for having enough brains to know when smoke (pun intended) is being blown up their asses, especially guys like Taquan, who could have the NFL in his future, and Im sure he knows that his college playing days will have a huge sway in his future.

Sometimes, I think in simple terms, ie, maybe talent from the 757 simply picks UVA over VT because its about half the drive to UVA from 757, and that makes it a day trip for moms and pops, versus an overnighter to VT.

I should clarrify a little too, when its a guy who likely can make it to the NFL, the coach should help him get to the best school to give him that opportunity. If he is a 3* guy who likely will see the field a little or play his senior year but would be a stretch to get to the NFL, then the coach should be helping him decide on the best school that will help him be successful in life(UVA, VT, Michigan, etc)

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I should clarrify a little too, when its a guy who likely can make it to the NFL, the coach should help him get to the best school to give him that opportunity. If he is a 3* guy who likely will see the field a little or play his senior year but would be a stretch to get to the NFL, then the coach should be helping him decide on the best school that will help him be successful in life(UVA, VT, Michigan, etc)

Coaches should direct kids to the best school for each kid period. It shouldn't matter if he's a 4 star or 2 star. Treat each situation on a case by case basis and take into account all factors so that the kid can succeed on and off the field.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coaches shouldn't be DIRECTING anything. They should give the kid and his parents sound advice on good options based on what they're looking for and help with the PR and networking. They should helping provide information to form the best decision, not helping him make that decision. If the kid is from Minnesota and good enough to play for VT and hasn't been offered .. coach needs to get on the horn. That kinda thing.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coaches shouldn't be DIRECTING anything. They should give the kid and his parents sound advice on good options based on what they're looking for and help with the PR and networking. They should helping provide information to form the best decision, not helping him make that decision. If the kid is from Minnesota and good enough to play for VT and hasn't been offered .. coach needs to get on the horn. That kinda thing.

hahahaha, unfortunately we did offer, and he just left us.