• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he actually considering us? I hope Shane isn't just wasting his time. It sure would be amazing to get him though.

Yeah I doubt he would waste his time if there was 0% chance. It's probably more like 2%. Imagine if we landed the #1 player in the country, though. I'll run through campus naked if we do.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is he actually considering us? I hope Shane isn't just wasting his time. It sure would be amazing to get him though.

Why?

VT is going to have one of the best defenses in the country. This is where recruiting can make a huge difference.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I doubt he would waste his time if there was 0% chance. It's probably more like 2%. Imagine if we landed the #1 player in the country, though. I'll run through campus naked if we do.

Well.....at least if we land him I live off campus now.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was going to announce in May, but informed the world that he was now going to make all his official visits, and make a well informed choice, not just a gut choice. (Others think he is only doing that to allow the rest of his team to be seen by the scouts next fall, and perhaps benefit)

So, it makes sense that Shane jumps in, and tries to be one of the five official schools. At a minimum, maybe we get some good PR from him, and perhaps create a pipeline from his area to VT.

That's what I'm thinking anyways. I don't think anyone really thinks that we are in any serious contention.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

VT is going to have one of the best defenses in the country. This is where recruiting can make a huge difference.

We haven't been one of his top choices from the start. Its been Bama, Ole Miss, LSU, Clemson, and Georgia as best I can tell.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo. At least now he has a reason to tune in when he sees us on TV. Get the thought in his head and then impress him on the field. How much talk did LSU and 'Bama's respective "unstoppable" Ds get last year? There's no reason we can't be that dominant this year, as long as the O can get the D some rest.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the skinny on Gabe Hollins from COX (class of 2013)?

He is one big strong dude. I know he has grade problems. But, not even ODU, or JMU?

Can he move his feet? I have never seen him play, but Iv'e heard stories about his strength. (Dead lifts 705, and thinks he can get to 800)

6'4" 285, OT

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whats the skinny on Gabe Hollins from COX (class of 2013)?

He is one big strong dude. I know he has grade problems. But, not even ODU, or JMU?

Can he move his feet? I have never seen him play, but Iv'e heard stories about his strength. (Dead lifts 705, and thinks he can get to 800)

6'4" 285, OT
Prep as far as I know... the little I have heard is that he is very raw...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont think there is a reason a defensive recruit would not consider LSU, Bama, Texas, USC, VT, tOSU. These teams put out great defenses traditionally and are schools will get you publicity and into the NFL (not that you wouldnt anyways if you were that good at another school) The thing at a school like VT, he would have a chance to play as a true freshman where as Bama or LSU he would likely see much less time if any the first year.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with VT's defense is that, as a whole, it hasn't sent DL to the NFL. Not that THAT is really a problem (because they've still been dominant at times), it just hurts recruiting some I think ... but by taking the New York Giants approach and trying to tweak defense tackles and ends to be more hybrid is a good idea I think all the way around. It creates more artificial depth, it lets you be more creative defensively, it helps to defend the spread more, and in the long run ... it may help recruiting .. It looks like Gayle and Maddy (in another year or so) could eventually be two of the best defensive lineman VT has ever dished out ... and if Gayle has another killer year, I wouldn't be surprised if he took off. I think that our DL > NFL ratio will get much better in the next 5 years .. that's for sure.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SportsHoopla Hokies‏@HokiesHoopla
#1 player in the country Robert Nkemdiche! RT @electus_1 Happy to hear from ga , and see Virginia tech at practice today !!

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes gonna wait awhile to announce, maybe we can at least get in the big 5 and get him up here to see the campus/Lane Stadium for a weekend.