• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dillon Christopher update- Coach Newsome visited him last week. He was asked to come to camp and if he performs well he could get offered. That may have changed,he talked to the coaches today and there is a chance of an offer soon....

I bet Kickermom is pretty pleased with that. This year's walk-ons might not like it, but he sounds like a can't-miss kicker in love with a school who desperately needs one.

How many scholarship guys never actually impact the outcome of a game? Chances are, Dillon's leg would win us a game at some point that we would have lost last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Kickermom is pretty pleased with that. This year's walk-ons might not like it, but he sounds like a can't-miss kicker in love with a school who desperately needs one.

How many scholarship guys never actually impact the outcome of a game? Chances are, Dillon's leg would win us a game at some point that we would have lost last year.

I don't want to take away from Dillon at all as I'd love to see him in a Hokie uniform, but I don't know about him winning us games we lost last year. We were pretty well shut down and blown out in both games against Clemson, and Justin Myer filled in admirably in the Michigan game going 4 for 5. Yes he missed one in OT, but it really never should have come to that.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Hunter Windmuller and Brooks Abbott still walking on?

Also, Cody goes to court this Thursday, I believe. If the felony count is dropped (and by all accounts it will likely be dropped), then Cody could be reinstated.

We may go from famine to feast very soon.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Hunter Windmuller and Brooks Abbott still walking on?

Also, Cody goes to court this Thursday, I believe. If the felony count is dropped (and by all accounts it will likely be dropped), then Cody could be reinstated.

We may go from famine to feast very soon.

All 3 are expected to be on the squad in Fall. Kicking was atrocious this Spring, and thats putting it nicely.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to take away from Dillon at all as I'd love to see him in a Hokie uniform, but I don't know about him winning us games we lost last year. We were pretty well shut down and blown out in both games against Clemson, and Justin Myer filled in admirably in the Michigan game going 4 for 5. Yes he missed one in OT, but it really never should have come to that.

I wasn't clear. By "would have lost" I meant if we had close games with last year's roster, not the games the way they actually played out.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I can say is Dillon loves VA TECH and he is preparing and will do whatever it takes to earn the confidence of the coaches that he is worthy of a scholarship. Yes, he needs a scholarship to go to college, but more importantly he wants to prove he is worthy of one.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking that Journell, if he came back, wouldn't be playing on scholly ... Did he get offered a scholarship straight out of HS .. or did he earn it after he came to VT??

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that Journell, if he came back, wouldn't be playing on scholly ... Did he get offered a scholarship straight out of HS .. or did he earn it after he came to VT??

He was the last K offered a scholly out of HS. Hopefully that changes this year.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like the way you think! ;)

This may be a personal question so feel free to not answer it lol, but is Dillon looking for only a full scholarship with summer admission or are you open to a greyshirt offer or even a preferred walk-on? Will it depend on the situation? Either way, hopefully it all works out and good luck to Dillon his senior year!

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may be a personal question so feel free to not answer it lol, but is Dillon looking for only a full scholarship with summer admission or are you open to a greyshirt offer or even a preferred walk-on? Will it depend on the situation? Either way, hopefully it all works out and good luck to Dillon his senior year!

He needs a full scholarship - single Mom, no money and I have another son right behind him in 10th grade who does not play sports anymore. Not trying to gain sympathy - just stating the facts.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He needs a full scholarship - single Mom, no money and I have another son right behind him in 10th grade who does not play sports anymore. Not trying to gain sympathy - just stating the facts.

Completely understand. I was just curious since it's difficult with kickers landing full scholarships and not trying to pry. I hope it all works out and I know we all appreciate you providing any information regarding Dillion.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There are many grants and scholarships available for in-state students, which I'm sure counselors, teachers, admissions, and possibly coaches can help with. That's not to say Dillon won't get a full football ride - I hope he does - but it may help give both your sons hope that an in-state education is within reach, at Tech or elsewhere.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many grants and scholarships available for in-state students, which I'm sure counselors, teachers, admissions, and possibly coaches can help with. That's not to say Dillon won't get a full football ride - I hope he does - but it may help give both your sons hope that an in-state education is within reach, at Tech or elsewhere.

Not to mention student loans and summer jobs and co-oping and... Any kid who is bright enough and diligent enough that college is the right option should go. Be smart, go to a public in-state school, work hard, get a degree in something where there are decent paying jobs, etc. and you'll be fine coming out even if you get no help from your parents and have to take out loans for what you can't earn during that time. Any kid who isn't bright/diligent enough for college... well, it would be a waste for them anyway.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm in the military and work at a federal agency, so I work with piles of idiots every single day with degrees that their parents bought. I would say a big part of getting a bachelors degree in the first place is figuring out how to make ends meet to afford it in the first place. That's a true education, and one that sets you up for success.

Maybe we're getting too off topic, but it's a passionate topic for me.