• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
think I may have posted earlier .. but saw a few weeks ago that according to Kendall's dad, his top two are Clemson and VT .. no surprise there

Has Rolin and Teller narrowed their lists yet? If so, can someone post who they are down to?

... seems like Teller will either be a Hoo or Hokie, but he has some good offers

.. and sounds like Rolin has a top 3 (currently) of FSU, Georgia, and South Carolina? Is that correct?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
think I may have posted earlier .. but saw a few weeks ago that according to Kendall's dad, his top two are Clemson and VT .. no surprise there

Has Rolin and Teller narrowed their lists yet? If so, can someone post who they are down to?

... seems like Teller will either be a Hoo or Hokie, but he has some good offers

.. and sounds like Rolin has a top 3 (currently) of FSU, Georgia, and South Carolina? Is that correct?
Teller will not leave the state...
Rolin is FSU, UGA and USC-E and the game cocks have the lead here
And correct Fuller's top 2 are VT and Clemson

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His coach says he wants to play on offense, either WR or RB. He does look good with the ball in his hands. What makes us think he likely starts at DB? Just our depth there, or do we have some indication that's where we've recruited him?

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...hinks-versatile-prospect-could-play-wr-or-rb/

I put hm there because the most reliable recruiting source, IMO has him listed as such. It is ot a lock in at all. he will come on on D, IMO and then get a look at O as well. A lot may depend on how the CB/WR in the 2012 class progress and who else comes on board in 2013. Remember we only have 3 scholly cornerbacks right now with a fourth and possible fifth coming in summer.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His coach says he wants to play on offense, either WR or RB. He does look good with the ball in his hands. What makes us think he likely starts at DB? Just our depth there, or do we have some indication that's where we've recruited him?

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...hinks-versatile-prospect-could-play-wr-or-rb/

I put him there because the most reliable recruiting source, IMO has him listed as such. It is not a lock in at all. he will come on on D, IMO and then get a look at O as well. A lot may depend on how the CB/WR in the 2012 class progress and who else comes on board in 2013. Remember we only have 3 scholly cornerbacks right now with a fourth and possible fifth coming in summer.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be more of a Zack Luckett situation where you come in as a DB and within the first few practices you either stay or move to WR.

FWIW, Newsome seems to think he's starting out on the offensive side of the ball.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Luckett also ended up as a LB. There's a ton of guys that are similar to Newsome in the 2012 class. Once those guys get settled, we'll know a little more about what side of the ball we'll be on.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell do you get all of this information???

Sometimes it's better to just accept what people say and don't ask for sources. Evan gives pretty reliable info and that's good enough for me.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Luckett also ended up as a LB. There's a ton of guys that are similar to Newsome in the 2012 class. Once those guys get settled, we'll know a little more about what side of the ball we'll be on.

From what I hear, that is because he got in trouble and LB was the only opening we had since he had been beaten out at WR while in the dog house.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sometimes it's better to just accept what people say and don't ask for sources. Evan gives pretty reliable info and that's good enough for me.

Not going to disagree...that statement was more out of jealousy and intrigue than a serious want to know.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I hear, that is because he got in trouble and LB was the only opening we had since he had been beaten out at WR while in the dog house.

I'm pretty sure that he was recruited as a whip, but was moved to WR later because of depth. But it doesn't matter, my point was that I don't know if it would be a Zack Luckett situation. I think Newsome will stick to one position and not be moved like Luckett.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckett was a solid ST player tho. He was all over the place on punt coverage

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Current status of 2013 in-state head-to-head recruiting between Tech and UVA (limited to just those players with offers from BOTH Tech and UVA):

VT Verbals - 8
----------
Hodges
Fisher
Clark
Prince
Newsome
Osterloh
Shegog
Pfaf

UVA Verbals - 1
-----------
Harris

Verbals to Other Schools - 1
------------------------
Levenberry - FSU

Uncommitted - 11
-----------
Allen
Rolin
Green
Mizzell
Reid
Teller
Wilkins
Parker
Hamilton
Burks
Tyson

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current status of 2013 in-state head-to-head recruiting between Tech and UVA (limited to just those players with offers from BOTH Tech and UVA):

VT Verbals - 8 ...
UVA Verbals - 1 ...
Verbals to Other Schools - 1 ...
Uncommitted - 11 ...

:music:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT Verbals - 8
----------
Hodges
Fisher
Clark
Prince
Newsome
Osterloh
Shegog
Pfaf

UVA Verbals - 1
-----------