• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me, but I have no idea who we're talking about (maybe 46 can tell me so you don't have to mention him lol)

Marquise Williams who went to UNC?

Edit: yeah what they said.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he MAY be talking about Lafonte Thourogood (which was actually a little before signing day I think if my memory serves me???)

And Marquis Williams is BD's little UNC beotch...I believe.

EDIT: They beat me to the punch as usual...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was going to get a shot at QB but was told by the staff he would more likely end up at WR. As his season progressed however, he was looking more and more likely to be a quarterback option.

Vandy came in and said QB all the way......now he is a RB there :L

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was going to get a shot at QB but was told by the staff he would more likely end up at WR. As his season progressed however, he was looking more and more likely to be a quarterback option.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of Chris Beatty's "Magic" I believe...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kevin Newsome was the other drama queen. By the way, he left the PSU football program because he was unhappy he wasn't starting, sat out 2011, and will play for Temple this coming season.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Newsome was the other drama queen. By the way, he left the PSU football program because he was unhappy he wasn't starting, sat out 2011, and will play for Temple this coming season.

Question is, will Newsome start for Temple? Temple is back in the bigEast this year, right?

This thread has gotten way off track again.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. Things didn't work out too well for him. Don't think he was as good as advertised. His brother didn't have many D1A offers (Kansas and ECU maybe according to rivals) either from what I remember. He ended up at Richmond...

I would have to say the one that really got away in the last number of years was Tahj Boyd (and to a little lesser degree EJ Manuel). Now that I think about it, can't remember the last time WhoVA yanked a QB away from us that was at the top of our list...

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it may be inconvenient to have things in two locations, but we could always have a recruiting thread that is strictly commitments/rumors/articles about recruits and then another thing to discuss topics that are recruiting related. That way, we can have all the good shit in one and all of the ramblings and discussions in the other.

Also, at this point we can probably get rid of some of the stickies too like the bracket challenge and spring game.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know it may be inconvenient to have things in two locations, but we could always have a recruiting thread that is strictly commitments/rumors/articles about recruits and then another thing to discuss topics that are recruiting related. That way, we can have all the good shit in one and all of the ramblings and discussions in the other.

Also, at this point we can probably get rid of some of the stickies too like the bracket challenge and spring game.

One man's ramblings/discussions is another man's information.

The QB conversation engaged in by several posters was actually a spin-off from the discussion about 2013 QB verbals Hodges and Parker and whether or not they will both stay at QB. Knowing the past history of QBs recruited and/or signed by Tech should enhance the discussion and help us understand how that may or may not play out.

But, hey, if the additional information is considered "off-topic", I'll be happy to do whatever the board admins decide.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed Chrish. A little spring cleaning may be needed perhaps at some point with the stickies? The idea of having a some sort of thread dedicated to housing recruiting info from past years and other applicable topics is a great idea I think and could definitely be useful!

EDIT: I do agree on the points about Newsome.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the guys not prepping now, that opens up 2 scholarships for this year doesn't it?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You all are demanding :p

Well, I will work on it this weekend. I have a busy few days agead.

Im going to be the black sheep and go the other direction. I have no problem with the discussions in these threads as long as they pertain to recruiting. If we venture too far OT then 46 can move them as needed. Personally i think one thread to discuss recruiting and one thread to discuss commits is plenty.

two-cents.jpg

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well .. I know I've read that Baron won't be coming in the fall .. Has that been accounted for in everyone's calculations?