• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree that they'll give Parker a shot at QB (Motley at QB, Edmunds at RB), but ultimately Bucky is our QB of the future. If Carlis has any hands at all, he'll make a top-notch WR. It's not about favorites between the two, it's about getting two playmakers on the field at once. I see Parker as Dyrell Roberts 2.0.

Right and I can agree with most of that, but i think he will stick at QB until at least a RSfr or RSso year and the only way i see him moving that early is if we bring in another decent QB next year. We are thin at QB and there is also the possibility of Logan leaving early, so having two true QB's in this class is important IMO.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right and I can agree with most of that, but i think he will stick at QB until at least a RSfr or RSso year and the only way i see him moving that early is if we bring in another decent QB next year. We are thin at QB and there is also the possibility of Logan leaving early, so having two true QB's in this class is important IMO.

Aside from the "never shy away from competition" canned response, how do you think Bucky feels about them taking Parker's verbal two days after his own? It probably doesn't affect his commitment, but I'm sure it dampens some of the "QB of the future" feel-good spirit, and will encourage him to listen a little harder to the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world. He is 16 years old, after all.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aside from the "never shy away from competition" canned response, how do you think Bucky feels about them taking Parker's verbal two days after his own? It probably doesn't affect his commitment, but I'm sure it dampens some of the "QB of the future" feel-good spirit, and will encourage him to listen a little harder to the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world. He is 16 years old, after all.

His competition would be much tougher at those schools. We haven't really taken a true QB in a few years, unlike those schools that get a 4-5* every year. No way does he leave us, we are his best chance for early pt at a national contender.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His competition would be much tougher at those schools. We haven't really taken a true QB in a few years, unlike those schools that get a 4-5* every year. No way does he leave us, we are his best chance for early pt at a national contender.

Absolutely, Ask Philip Sims how it has worked out for him at 'Bama. After all is said and done (barring major injuries to AJM, step up by him, or step back for McCarron) he is looking at 2 years as a starter..at best.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not counting Hodges and Parker, here are the QBs we've recruited over the past several years, the position they ended up playing for Tech, and their ending status. Thomas is the only QB we supposedly recruited originally for another position, one that he had never played in high school:

2013 Parker QB
2013 Hodges QB
2012 Motley QB
2010 Leal QB 2-deep
2010 Young QB Transferred
2009 Thomas QB Starter
2008 Davis WR Starter
2008 Clayton QB 2-deep/Grad
2007 Taylor QB Starter/Grad/NFL
2005 Boone TE Starter/Grad
2005 Whitaker WR Dismissed
2004 Glennon QB Starter/Grad
2004 Holt QB 2-deep/Grad
2002 Vick QB Starter/Dismissed/NFL
2001 Clifton WR Contributor/Grad
2001 Hunt QB Injuries/Left Prog
2001 Randall QB Starter/Grad
2000 Davis QB Transferred
1998 Noel QB Starter/Grad
1998 Vick QB Starter/NFL early
1996 Meyer QB Contributor/NFL
1996 Sorensen DB Contributor/Starter/NFL
1995 McGirt QB Left program

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't mention Randall to the NFL because he never really caught on at that level. He only participated in NFL offseason and/or practice squad activities...no meaningful snaps.

Don't get me wrong...BR is one of my favorite all-time Hokies, and I really hoped he would catch on with the NFL, but it just didn't happen.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB practice squad and CFL and now Indoor Football League (Multiple teams including Richmond) just an fyi

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody notice the number of years we failed to sign a QB? 2011, 2006, 2003, 1999, and 1997.

Just my opinion, but you have to sign at least one QB per year to keep the pipeline filled. Additionally, good QBs will understand if they are not the only player signed in a given year....competition is good for both the player and the program.

But, I love the fact that we are recruiting tall, fast, athletic QBs. That gives us, and them, the option of finding another position if QB doesn't work out.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody notice the number of years we failed to sign a QB? 2011, 2006, 2003, 1999, and 1997.

Just my opinion, but you have to sign at least one QB per year to keep the pipeline filled. Additionally, good QBs will understand if they are not the only player signed in a given year....competition is good for both the player and the program.

But, I love the fact that we are recruiting tall, fast, athletic QBs. That gives us, and them, the option of finding another position if QB doesn't work out.

Well 2011 we had one all but signed until NSD. We lost out on that guy and ended up with a true freshman contributor on the defensive line who will likely be starting this fall, ha ha!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well 2011 we had one all but signed until NSD. We lost out on that guy and ended up with a true freshman contributor on the defensive line who will likely be starting this fall, ha ha!

As soon as he pulled that Signing Day crap I dropped him from my Tech player spreadsheet and swore never to mention his name again.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as he pulled that Signing Day crap I dropped him from my Tech player spreadsheet and swore never to mention his name again.

I hear ya, but I got over it pretty quick :D

ncf_u_maddy_wm_300.jpg

20111126-VirginiaTech393.jpg

There was that other quarterback controversy of 2011 as well........Butch Davis is a bith though.....

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgive me, but I have no idea who we're talking about (maybe 46 can tell me so you don't have to mention him lol)

Last edited by a moderator: