• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flordia offered Matt Rolin yesterday.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker vs Hodges

I agree that they'll give Parker a shot at QB (Motley at QB, Edmunds at RB), but ultimately Bucky is our QB of the future. If Carlis has any hands at all, he'll make a top-notch WR. It's not about favorites between the two, it's about getting two playmakers on the field at once. I see Parker as Dyrell Roberts 2.0.

Ask Phillip Simms how he feels about his Bama choice. Bama isnt vested in the 757. Tech is. Simms was chosen by the overwhelming majority of Bama's football gurus, after watching both QBs battling it out. The coach obviously felt some additional commitment to his Sophomore over Simms, the freshman. All Simms has to look forward to is another competition in the future, and if its against a Bama kid, watch out.

The Tech job isn't Hodges' to lose. Its a competition. Corlis has a svelte build, and a whip arm. Don't try to compare him to Newton. He's not a power runner. Hes more of a finesse runner. His 16 year old film is impressive. His knee is healed, and the competition should be something that propels both to new heights. For one, I cant wait to see it.

bharm15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so besides fuller and teller are their any big recruits that we stand a realistic chance of getting?

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ask Phillip Simms how he feels about his Bama choice. Bama isnt vested in the 757. Tech is. Simms was chosen by the overwhelming majority of Bama's football gurus, after watching both QBs battling it out. The coach obviously felt some additional commitment to his Sophomore over Simms, the freshman. All Simms has to look forward to is another competition in the future, and if its against a Bama kid, watch out.

The Tech job isn't Hodges' to lose. Its a competition. Corlis has a svelte build, and a whip arm. Don't try to compare him to Newton. He's not a power runner. Hes more of a finesse runner. His 16 year old film is impressive. His knee is healed, and the competition should be something that propels both to new heights. For one, I cant wait to see it.

Welcome to the board! As long as both stay, I'm glad to know there are two number one options. Parker's listed as an Athlete, so obviously he projects at least the ability to move to another position. Many of us have been drooling over Bucky for a year or more, but if Parker came in and tore it up, how do we think he projects elsewhere?

I, for one, am not sure I'd like to see "the next LT3" turn into "the reverse LT3", and switch to TE or WR. I don't think that happens, especially after Greg Boone.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so besides fuller and teller are their any big recruits that we stand a realistic chance of getting?

Ms.VTFF's little bro plays for SBHS and says the Allen race is tighter than the message boards are saying.

But if today were NSD he would be Bama bound. But still we have a good chance!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms.VTFF's little bro plays for SBHS and says the Allen race is tighter than the message boards are saying.

But if today were NSD he would be Bama bound. But still we have a good chance!

I am hearing the same thing. The longer it plays out, the better chance schools other than Alabama have.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing the same thing. The longer it plays out, the better chance schools other than Alabama have.

2 maybe 3 horse race. Also says he has never really mentioned Florida like he used to talk about Bama and now VT too.

Oh and as for Burns even he can't understand the hype. They dont get along though. Says his dad pimps him out at camps to get good ratings. I think hes a little salty but still there might be some truth to that.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 maybe 3 horse race. Also says he has never really mentioned Florida like he used to talk about Bama and now VT too.

Oh and as for Burns even he can't understand the hype. They dont get along though. Says his dad pimps him out at camps to get good ratings. I think hes a little salty but still there might be some truth to that.

FWIW, he claimed in an interview with scout after the spring game that Bama and Florida were still his favorites, but that VT made up some ground. Didn't sound all that optimistic in the interview.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Jeffro,

You guys got a good one today in Zack Jones. Ranks between a 3star-Not Ranked on all the sites but hes got a lot of talent. Excellent at separating from defenders. Would have liked him as a Hokie but no offer and it was pretty obvious from the get-go he would follow his bro. He will RS but in a few years he will be a common name.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed ... And we seem to still be in it with Derrick Green .. Rolin seems like a long shot at this point and he seems to be a bit of a Levenberry-like attention whore anyway

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really like both Hodges and Parker. It's a shame one of them will have to be on the sidelines but maybe they will turn Parker into a WR if he doesn't get the starting job. I don't know what I'd do but Parker should not be on the sidelines his whole time at VT. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand you need a good backup QB but you also don't want to waste talent. I also don't want a Tyrod/Glennon type platoon. Who knows how it will play out

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like both Hodges and Parker. It's a shame one of them will have to be on the sidelines but maybe they will turn Parker into a WR if he doesn't get the starting job. I don't know what I'd do but Parker should not be on the sidelines his whole time at VT. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand you need a good backup QB but you also don't want to waste talent. I also don't want a Tyrod/Glennon type platoon. Who knows how it will play out

I wouldn't mind if it played out similar to the Randall-M.Vick era. Obviously either can win the job, but using Parker in special packages at WR or two QBs in the backfield would be interesting.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't mind if it played out similar to the Randall-M.Vick era. Obviously either can win the job, but using Parker in special packages at WR or two QBs in the backfield would be interesting.

I didnt mind TT/Glennon but I thought MV2/Randall were too similar and neither seemed to every get in a rhythm. I honestly dont think we will see a true 2 qb system at VT again, maybe a situational thing like the wilk-turkey or something. My guess is that they let them battle it out in year 1, look at who they bring in in year 2, if bucky is the starter it is possible to move Parker to WR but if Parker starts????? Im not sure if Hodges projects to any other position. I ultimately think Hodges wins the job but like i said before its not his yet.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Jeffro,

You guys got a good one today in Zack Jones. Ranks between a 3star-Not Ranked on all the sites but hes got a lot of talent. Excellent at separating from defenders. Would have liked him as a Hokie but no offer and it was pretty obvious from the get-go he would follow his bro. He will RS but in a few years he will be a common name.

Yeah, Jones has a load of talent. I was honestly surprised to see Jones was in attendance for VT's Spring Game since it was a pretty much given that he was going to be a Hoo.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle, in response to a young woman's son's birthday request of Wilson in 1st round and another Fuller committing to the Hokies:

@kbfuller17: @jenn_carney I think so but its up to @KENyoufeelmee

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We are close with Spight and he reclassafied to 2014 so if we land him I would not expect Parker or Bucky to hold a clip board...