• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@ VTfoozboall:

I wasnt going to comment and have no plan of getting caught up in it but the 1 thing i will say is that you are dead wrong by saying that we ALL always agree with the coaches. A lot of us werent thrilled with getting seth dooley, many of us dont think Brendan Motley will be a QB, some of us were critical about switching Bonner and Jarrett to Safety, etc etc etc. The difference is that we lay down good arguments or opinions instead of just saying so and so sucks or he will never make the field, then if someone doesnt agree with our opinion we communicate like adults instead of calling each other homers or making blanket statements about the board.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All those guys you listed, think back and tell me how many had an offer a year before NSD? I think Hicks and maybe Edwards were plan A type guys, almost everyone else you listed was Plan C/D/E and offered extremely late in the process. This guy was near the top of the want list for this staff at CB, that should speak to his talent.

To put it into even more perspective, guys like Ekanem and Manning (two 4 star guys) received their offer from VT after their junior years. Clark was offered in the summer before his junior year.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat of topic, didn't know where else to put it...but..
Move it if you would like 46....
Speaking of DBU...USC-e was just crowned 2012 DBU by rivals?? Seriously?? WTF?? Not saying VT is THE top, but damn..we werent even mentioned..I suppose because of lack of quality (outside of D'Hall..not many high picks), as opposed to quantity..

Screw You Rivals!!!!:stfu:

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - South Carolina turning into Cornerback U.

Da U is getting all kinds of love in the Position U "series"...I guess noone from rivals has been watching them for the last 3-5 years....:bj: somebody is slurping rivals juice...

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat of topic, didn't know where else to put it...but..
Move it if you would like 46....
Speaking of DBU...USC-e was just crowned 2012 DBU by rivals?? Seriously?? WTF?? Not saying VT is THE top, but damn..we werent even mentioned..I suppose because of lack of quality (outside of D'Hall..not many high picks), as opposed to quantity..

Screw You Rivals!!!!:stfu:

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - South Carolina turning into Cornerback U.

Da U is getting all kinds of love in the Position U "series"...I guess noone from rivals has been watching them for the last 3-5 years....:bj: somebody is slurping rivals juice...

I'm not a subscriber to rivals, but i would bet money that their board traffic and overall quality of Hokie coverage has gone waaay down after they lost CRZY to 247. I would bet, in turn, that you will see a negative swing in the way they cover/rank VT prospects in the near future. The same thing happened with Scout. Scout has about the bare minimum of Hokie membership now, and that has been reflected upon VT's recruiting rankings along with current and former player coverage. That's why I don't have a whole lot of respect for star rankings.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@ VTfoozboall:

I wasnt going to comment and have no plan of getting caught up in it but the 1 thing i will say is that you are dead wrong by saying that we ALL always agree with the coaches. A lot of us werent thrilled with getting seth dooley, many of us dont think Brendan Motley will be a QB, some of us were critical about switching Bonner and Jarrett to Safety, etc etc etc. The difference is that we lay down good arguments or opinions instead of just saying so and so sucks or he will never make the field, then if someone doesnt agree with our opinion we communicate like adults instead of calling each other homers or making blanket statements about the board.
My argument was the video which I eventually got around to posting. I really hope that is not the VT Clark because he is sloooow. I checked Rivals and there is no other Charles Clark in their database which tells you how little talent this other Clark must have to not even have a profile. I'm really glad this was cleared up because I was thinking they wasted a scholarship.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument was the video which I eventually got around to posting. I really hope that is not the VT Clark because he is sloooow. I checked Rivals and there is no other Charles Clark in their database which tells you how little talent this other Clark must have to not even have a profile. I'm really glad this was cleared up because I was thinking they wasted a scholarship.

I looked it up for any year on rivals and there is only 1 other charles clark and that was from 2003. That in itself is pretty remarkable name combo that isnt that exotic

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up for any year on rivals and there is only 1 other charles clark and that was from 2003. That in itself is pretty remarkable name combo that isnt that exotic

John Smith, James Johnson and Michael Williams beg to differ.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Smith, James Johnson and Michael Williams beg to differ.

Touche but i do know a bunch of people with the last name clark and a bunch of charlie's and charles' so you would think after several thousands of players over the years there would be a couple more of Charles Clark's

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Parker project solely as a QB? From his tape he is obviously talented. I've also heard how fast and versatile he is. It seems to me Bucky is the heir-apparent, and when I think back to a two-QB system/competition (Tyrod and Sean Glennon), I cringe a little.

Would he commit to us this early if he thought a position change was in his future? EvanG/VTFF/anyone else does he sound open to WR or something? Just curious

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just my 2 cents but i bet they let them compete for a little while. Bucky was our #1 QB target but its not like he already has a starting spot locked down, Even if/when he does the competition wiill be good for him and the team.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does Parker project solely as a QB? From his tape he is obviously talented. I've also heard how fast and versatile he is. It seems to me Bucky is the heir-apparent, and when I think back to a two-QB system/competition (Tyrod and Sean Glennon), I cringe a little.

Would he commit to us this early if he thought a position change was in his future? EvanG/VTFF/anyone else does he sound open to WR or something? Just curious
100% QB right now

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

FTR Kings Fork has maroon jerseys the ones in the video you posted look red and blue. it also says Thomas Edison H.S. at the beginning of the video you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Had to post this....Page 116 of threads for the 2012 class happened in August. I guess word is starting to spread about this little gold mine.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
May have been discussed numerous times...Where do we stand with Michael Parker?
And also, what WRs and LBs do you think we still bring in for this class?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Had to post this....Page 116 of threads for the 2012 class happened in August. I guess word is starting to spread about this little gold mine.

Dont want to get to OT but to add to this:

The 2012 thread averaged 36.634 views per post

The 2013 thread is averaging 41.446 views per post

and the 2014 thread is averaging 50.111 views per post

In contrast:

The spring ball thread averaged 23.771 views per post

NFL Hokies thread averaged 20.224

The OT thead averaged 17.273

This was a couple weeks ago and may not be 100% accurate now but it shows that VTHoopla is a recuit driven site. It also shows that there are a lot of lurkers.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents but i bet they let them compete for a little while. Bucky was our #1 QB target but its not like he already has a starting spot locked down, Even if/when he does the competition wiill be good for him and the team.

Agreed.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree that they'll give Parker a shot at QB (Motley at QB, Edmunds at RB), but ultimately Bucky is our QB of the future. If Carlis has any hands at all, he'll make a top-notch WR. It's not about favorites between the two, it's about getting two playmakers on the field at once. I see Parker as Dyrell Roberts 2.0.