• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jennings
2. Parker
3. Cutler

However Parker had more upside as an athlete so he was the second guy that we wanted if we got Bucky. We were going to get one of Hodges/Jennings and one of Parker/Cutler. We got the top of both pairs that we wanted.

JC Shurburtt‏@jcshurburtt
"Carlis Parker is a big get for the #Hokies was No. 2 at QB on their board behind Bucky Hodges (Sat. commit)."

I haven't personally watched enough of both of them to be able to give a fair assessment, but JC Shurburtt seems to think VT's coaching staff had Jennings higher on their list. Although i guess that could be based on how receptive Jennings/Parker was, and how likely they thought they were to land each. :noidea:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not a stinking antagonist. But I also don't automatically approve of every single move the coaches make like you guys obviously do. The fact that none of you that defended him have seen him play (as far as I know) speaks volumes about your evaluation process of these players. How can anybody get that excited and be that confident in a player over what some writer says? I don't come on here to start things OR get validation for my opinions on players. But I see that everyone on here approves of all VT coaches decisions no matter what. That much is clear

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that i am reading that differently than you, ha ha....

I read it as Parker was #2 behind Bucky.....

Hmmm.... you have a point there. Maybe I'm just an optimist and you're a pessimist! LOL

Anybody else read that the same way I did? Or do I need to go get some medical imaging done on the old noggin? haha

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.... you have a point there. Maybe I'm just an optimist and you're a pessimist! LOL

Anybody else read that the same way I did? Or do I need to go get some medical imaging done on the old noggin? haha

As I understand it, it was like this, two lists:

1.Bucky
2.Jennings

1.Parker
2.Cutler

...in that order

and we got both 1s, which is the best case scenario....good things!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, it was like this, two lists:

1.Bucky
2.Jennings

1.Parker
2.Cutler

...in that order

and we got both 1s, which is the best case scenario....good things!

I got ya, and stand corrected!

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's the highest likelihood... Two guys with extremely common names confused both Fooz and 247, or the same guy was in two cities at once?

Asinine comments (of mine) aside, maybe someone not on an iPod could compare jerseys of video vs known profile pics... please.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the highest likelihood... Two guys with extremely common names confused both Fooz and 247, or the same guy was in two cities at once?

Asinine comments (of mine) aside, maybe someone not on an iPod could compare jerseys of video vs known profile pics... please.

I was thinking more along the lines of maybe someone writing the wrong city's name on the youtube description. The new guy solved my riddle though (nice to meet ya new guy!lol) and I guess 247 needs to be doing some more research before posting a highlight video of a prospect.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not a stinking antagonist. But I also don't automatically approve of every single move the coaches make like you guys obviously do. The fact that none of you that defended him have seen him play (as far as I know) speaks volumes about your evaluation process of these players. How can anybody get that excited and be that confident in a player over what some writer says? I don't come on here to start things OR get validation for my opinions on players. But I see that everyone on here approves of all VT coaches decisions no matter what. That much is clear

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Drink a beer man .. or go to the scout board to bitch. Our coaches evaluate talent for a living. They get paid a lot of money to do it. They've put over 10 DBs into the NFL over the past decade. I'd challenge you to find ANY CFB team who has done better. To boot, the recruiting services do it for a living too. They don't always get it right but they've likely seen enough to usually make a decent assessment, probably a better assessment than you. 247 graded him as a 4* 90. Rivals as a 5.5 3* .. They probably won't take any more DBs. They'll take Fuller, regardless .. and Clark beat Facyson to the punch. We get it -- you think they made a bad decision. Maybe he turns out to the one of the best DBs ever at VT. Maybe not .. Let's move on.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So if the video is not of him and there are no highlights available, everyone is defending him like he's their brother even though they haven't seen him in action? I was basing everything off of those highlights
He was on the sports report multiple times last season here in the 757 so I have seen clips.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...what a surprise that would be .. Was Hamilton there? Haven't heard much about him and I'd have to think that we'll be hot on bowen's tail now ... I'd gather that fuller would be the last db taken and Harris...the long shot that he is probably has a spot...

no spot for harries now, only fuller, all other DB's are out lol, bowens may miss the boat if hamilton, newsome, and reid commit first which is most likely, reid is not a RB either guys, he's WR/DB. we need to getgreen and it'd be nice to get allen and teller, we're soleyin boths top 3

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no spot for harries now, only fuller, all other DB's are out lol, bowens may miss the boat if hamilton, newsome, and reid commit first which is most likely, reid is not a RB either guys, he's WR/DB. we need to getgreen and it'd be nice to get allen and teller, we're soleyin boths top 3
Bowens would be a GS offer anyways, if that...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say that Allen is more:

Florida and Alabama
then
VT

and I think that Hamilton would be a good grab .. He looks good

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All those guys you listed, think back and tell me how many had an offer a year before NSD? I think Hicks and maybe Edwards were plan A type guys, almost everyone else you listed was Plan C/D/E and offered extremely late in the process. This guy was near the top of the want list for this staff at CB, that should speak to his talent.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys you listed, think back and tell me how many had an offer a year before NSD? I think Hicks and maybe Edwards were plan A type guys, almost everyone else you listed was Plan C/D/E and offered extremely late in the process. This guy was near the top of the want list for this staff at CB, that should speak to his talent.

Rep'ed.

That's a really good point.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

+1.

Excellent point.