• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I am copying my own tweet, I am that lazy...

EvanGWatkins Evan Watkins
Per #VolNation 2013 ATH Michael Parker has Tenn and VT as his top 2, with VT being a childhood favorite #Hokies

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello my son would love to play at VA TECH. He is a kicker for MHS in Newport News, VA. Last year was his first year playing football and he kicked a 45 yrd FG for the PD record last year. He has been to a couple of camps and working hard this summer. THe ST coach at ODU told him he would be a top recruit for the class of 2013. Check out his you tube videos - mhskicks27
***x202a;mhskicks27***x202c;‏ - YouTube
Let me know how we can find out about special team camps at VA Tech. If anyone has that information we would be grateful.

from 757recruitz.com

"Dillon Christopher is the kicker for Menchville. He truly came into his own as a sophomore and converted soccer player last season. It was his first year playing football. After offseason work, Dillon comes back to the team as a more talented player."

"He has an iron leg. He could kick a 60-yard field goal right now"

From this past weekends game

The most interesting moment of the game came midway through the fourth quarter. On fourth-and-7 from midfield, the Monarchs' Dillon Christopher came on to attempt a 68-yard field goal. It would have matched the national record.

He had a stiff wind to his back, but Christopher's attempt landed at the back of the end zone. He later missed wide right from 49 yards.

Nice punt!!
60 yard punt against Gloucester - YouTube

38 yarder with 10-15 yards to spare
38 yd Field Goal against Hampton - YouTube

For soccer mom's boy. I know it is kind of hard not to get crazy excited about a kicker, but in light of our special team woes I thought it was appropriate. Offer this guy a scholly like NOW!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know Dillon would love to play for VA TECH - probably his 1st choice right now. We are coming to VA TECH vs. NC game and are very excited to see the Hokies play live!

This is an article that was on VA preps rivals yesterday written by Will Garlick.

Menchville place kicker Dillon Christopher attempted to enter the record books in their matchup with Bethel by attempting a 68-yard field goal attempt. The kick would have been epic if it went through the uprights but the ball just missed hitting the back of the endzone between the uprights. The kick would have been good from 63-yards out.

What would have made the kick even more amazing was the environment which wasn't exactly ideal for a field goal. The field was wet, and the temperature was the coldest Menchville has played in this year making the football hard. To make matters even worse, there was a stiff wind blowing. "If it was a little warmer and not raining," Christopher said, "I think it would have been good."

No one was more surprised than Christopher when he was told to enter the game with the ball at the 50-yard line. "I had no idea," Christopher said about the attempt. "I was expecting to punt and I had been warming up to punt."

His strong leg is a weapon for the Monarchs on field goals and on kickoffs. Although he has had only 14 kickoff attempts, Christopher has placed 11 of those in the end zone.
Earlier this year, Christopher converted a 50-yard field goal and had more than enough distance on a second attempt (53-yards) that went wide right.
He attended the National Camp Series kicking camp in Williamsburg Virginia. "We were evaluated on kickoffs, field goals from various spots, and punts," Christopher said. "The best aspect was that they worked with us after they evaluated us to give us pointers on form and accuracy."

The camp included sessions with former NFL kicker Michael Husted who made 142 field goals in nine years, primarily with the Tampa bay Buccaneers. Husted helps to run the National Camp Series camp and he sees a lot of potential in Christopher reaching the next level.

"Dillon has an excellent leg," Husted said. "He gets solid height on his field goals. He has that 'pop' when he makes contact that when people hear it they turn their head. Being an accurate field goal kicker with strong kick offs is very attractive to big football programs. I only see Dillon getting better and excelling at the college level."

Some of the schools that are interested in Christopher are Old Dominion, Virginia Military Institute, Virginia Tech, William and Mary, and Penn State.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we don't lose and it's not freezing cold, you will certainly have an amazing time at the UNC game

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kickermom, has he attended Poquoson Football Camp or the W&M camp? Several years ago I went to both and the Poquoson one had the Eagles kicker at the time and the W&M also had an NFL kicker. Being that its several months from now I don't know who they'll have lined up but they usually have some greats to learn from.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, unfortunately he has not attended either one. We went to a regular combine (Best of the 757) this past summer, but it had nothing for kickers. I will definitely look into those camps to see if they will provide kicker opportunities. Sounds like they do. With so many camps out there, it's hard to find out which ones would be the best to attend. I have been advised to go to the college camps that you are interested in so the coaches can see you from that college. Dillon is also going to be doing more one-on-ones with Todd Covington from NCS and will attend Dickie Van Dyke's summer camp at CNU. He plans to keep doing the NCS camps and will attend as many college kicking camps as possible this spring and summer.
He has almost decided that he will forego playing Varisty Soccer this year to concentrate solely on football conditioning. If he were to get an offer for a scholarship for football this year, I know he would not play soccer.

P.S. Dillon got his "orange effect" t-shirt to wear to the UNC game. My niece is a freshman at TECH, so she was able to get him one.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has almost decided that he will forego playing Varisty Soccer this year to concentrate solely on football conditioning. If he were to get an offer for a scholarship for football this year, I know he would not play soccer.

Definitely something to sit down and talk about. And even if he doesn't have one by January it may the safer option too. Lot of risk breaking a leg in soccer. Ultimately its yall's decision, but please feel free to keep us posted with updates. :yo:

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely something to sit down and talk about. And even if he doesn't have one by January it may the safer option too. Lot of risk breaking a leg in soccer. Ultimately its yall's decision, but please feel free to keep us posted with updates. :yo:

Yes I agree, and I believe he has come to that understanding as well. I will definitely keep yall posted. Thanks for the encouragement!

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hey you've been wrong before lol im optimistic i guess....looong ways away so enough time to lose the lead or recover the lead

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
TSL's Chris Coleman thinks that VT leads early on for Bucky Hodges...at the 11 minute mark he answers my question about Bucky and talks a lil about all the qbs for 2013...before that he speaks on the Duke game #goodlisten

http://podcast.espnblacksburg.com/110211-Hour31.mp3

I don't think so. At all. :frown:

VTFF i know you have a source on that, but a lot can change between now and NSD 2013. Bucky will be a national recruit IMO, Im betting he takes a lot of visits and will be shown a lot of things that uVa simply cant offer. He will watch as other interested teams play in BCS/high level bowls while uVa will struggle to even be bowl eligible. I know very little about hodges situation and im not saying he ends up @ VT, im just saying he will be a big time recruit and have a lot of options.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope we offer wr Zach Bradshaw soon! just watched his film on youtube and is very impressive...he's 6' 3" 205...has offers from BC, GT, Maryland, Rutgers, South Carolina, WVU and NC state

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTFF i know you have a source on that, but a lot can change between now and NSD 2013. Bucky will be a national recruit IMO, Im betting he takes a lot of visits and will be shown a lot of things that uVa simply cant offer. He will watch as other interested teams play in BCS/high level bowls while uVa will struggle to even be bowl eligible. I know very little about hodges situation and im not saying he ends up @ VT, im just saying he will be a big time recruit and have a lot of options.

Fair points. Its just at this time, from what ive heard solely around the 757, VT isn't in any better shape than any other teams and London has been :bj: like a Hoover. Whether true or not, UVA is marketing themselves as a "757 team" around here and a lot of recruits (especially southside) are buying it. Also heavy interest in Miami, Oregon, and Ohio State.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we are. Hes also being looked at as a RB. Think he visited UVA recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's good friends with Kendall and Kirk Garner who are both VT leans.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what the 6'4" wr Stefon Colbert? any read on which way he's leaning....good counsel is LOADED!!!! need to get this pipeline lockdown!