• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. With the NCAA as hard core as they are these days, I won't even look a recruit in the eye if I see them on the street. :D

HaHa. I figure the NCAA has all their resources eyeing Twitter and Facebook...they'll never think to look here! :hail:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like Evan mentioned, it looks like Lockhart may be going to FUMA. That kind of sucks but may benefit him and the team in the long run. We are loaded at register this year and it will turn his clock back one year. Also, I believe that Smith is going to FUMA as well so maybe the two of them can recruit for us while they are there.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also sounds like we may be seeing some young guys on the OL this year....

Edit: Not reported anywhere yet (officially, just rumblings) but it looks like BDC may have torn his Pec...

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, like Evan mentioned, it looks like Lockhart may be going to FUMA. That kind of sucks but may benefit him and the team in the long run. We are loaded at register this year and it will turn his clock back one year. Also, I believe that Smith is going to FUMA as well so maybe the two of them can recruit for us while they are there.
And since Shuman is at FUMA the chances are low that either of them will end up elsewhere...

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also sounds like we may be seeing some young guys on the OL this year....

Edit: Not reported anywhere yet (officially, just rumblings) but it looks like BDC may have torn his Pec...

I believe he may have torn his pec his freshman year! Either way I hope he recovers but if not we have some depth!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Quick informational blurb...Lockhart of the 2011 Class will be attending FUMA this Fall, while Thomas Smith of the 2012 Class will be going to FUMA in the Fall of 2012.

It's also my understanding that Conte and Taraschke of the 2012 Class may also be attending FUMA in the Fall of 2012. I'm thinking we will have at least one more 2012 recruit who will either greyshirt or attend FUMA in Fall 2012.

In addition to Lockhart attending FUMA, we have also have Chris Hall, DeWayne Alford, and Michael Branthover taking greyshirts. Are any of those three prepping this Fall?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quick informational blurb...Lockhart of the 2011 Class will be attending FUMA this Fall, while Thomas Smith of the 2012 Class will be going to FUMA in the Fall of 2012.

It's also my understanding that Conte and Taraschke of the 2012 Class may also be attending FUMA in the Fall of 2012. I'm thinking we will have at least one more 2012 recruit who will either greyshirt or attend FUMA in Fall 2012.

In addition to Lockhart attending FUMA, we have also have Chris Hall, DeWayne Alford, and Michael Branthover taking greyshirts. Are any of those three prepping this Fall?
Chris Hall at FUMA also

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only out 2 weeks thank goodness

Saw this on Twitter:

BeerControl ebj
torn off the bone ... back in 2 weeks. yeah, sure.
17 minutes ago

If it's really torn off the bone, he's probably looking at two months before he's back on the field.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Twitter:

BeerControl ebj
torn off the bone ... back in 2 weeks. yeah, sure.
17 minutes ago

If it's really torn off the bone, he's probably looking at two months before he's back on the field.

Actually I had the same exact injury my sophomore year at VT. Its extremely painful at first (I thought I was having a heart attack), but healed fairly quick. Its a muscle, and those heal quicker than bones, tendons, and other organs. 2 weeks is not unreasonable but you better believe he will have some strong pain meds. I was given hydrocodine but after 3 or 4 days you really don't need them.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I had the same exact injury my sophomore year at VT. Its extremely painful at first (I thought I was having a heart attack), but healed fairly quick. Its a muscle, and those heal quicker than bones, tendons, and other organs. 2 weeks is not unreasonable but you better believe he will have some strong pain meds. I was given hydrocodine but after 3 or 4 days you really don't need them.

Sounds more like a 3 month recovery period. Probably cannot start weight lifting again for a month or so after surgery. We may not see him before November. Ref: Torn Pectoral - Men's Health Fantasy Football Injury Report : MensHealth.com
:L

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really not that serious. Your article even says a few days-3 months given the severity. If all it was was it coming off the bone, it'll be painful for awhile, but he won't miss any games (at worst MAYBE the App State game). The 3 months is for ones that require surgery, but that wasn't the case for me and from reports I've read its not the case for Blake either.

You can take a big deep sigh of relief now.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note it says start a RB. I find this interesting because I don't know how they could even hold a ball tightly or take a hit immediately after tearing it. It is really painful. :shocked:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really not that serious. Your article even says a few days-3 months given the severity. If all it was was it coming off the bone, it'll be painful for awhile, but he won't miss any games (at worst MAYBE the App State game). The 3 months is for ones that require surgery, but that wasn't the case for me and from reports I've read its not the case for Blake either.

You can take a big deep sigh of relief now.

I hope your right....ripped from the bone sounds like something that requires surgery and a long recovery time to me though.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to 4-6 weeks from the original 2. Could be worse than Blake expected or just precautionary. Luckily he should be ready for the real meat of the schedule.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
VT_Football VT Football
Senior OT Blake DeChristopher has a strained left pectoral muscle. He has received PRP therapy and will be out 4-6 weeks, per our trainer.
4 minutes ago