• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...good to hear he will be good to go by the time we get going...

Does anyone have any info on how Mark Shuman is progressing??

Also...Edmunds needs to decide so I can exhale and wait for the next big spurt.....

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
LG Greg Nosal is not quite ready to go after offseason shoulder surgery. LT Blake DeChristopher to miss 2 weeks with pectoral injury.
47 minutes ago

Wang will probably start in Nosal's place if he's not ready to go by the start of the season. Wang may have legitimately taken the job in the Fall anyway.

Options to replace Dechristopher include Painter, if he's ready to step up, or sliding Lanier over from LT and backfilling him with Becton, or moving Via to RT, or as an extreme option, starting Gibson. Nice to have options at RT!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...good to hear he will be good to go by the time we get going...

Does anyone have any info on how Mark Shuman is progressing??

Also...Edmunds needs to decide so I can exhale and wait for the next big spurt.....

With the rumors of Edmunds leaning towards UMD, I think him sitting back and taking more time to commit is good for us. Means he won't be making a knee-jerk decision to commit elsewhere, since he's seemingly been leaning towards VT most of the year.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With the rumors of Edmunds leaning towards UMD, I think him sitting back and taking more time to commit is good for us. Means he won't be making a knee-jerk decision to commit elsewhere, since he's seemingly been leaning towards VT most of the year.
Yep the more he thinks about it the better it will look for us IMO. Do not expect him to make a decision in the next few days, I would imagine he will take a few days before announcing.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Decision already made at RT:

TSportsTalk Collegiate Times
For what its worth Michael Via will be taking over for Blake DeChristopher as he recovers from injury.
10 minutes ago

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmunds to decide sometime between now and September. I know, a month is a pretty big gap but it is a big decision. Also, if any of you do post on other boards, be careful not to say stuff as "I hope he hurries up and decides"...if you get to what I am saying...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know....I am just getting anxious, ha ha.

I think that Wang had a really good shot at winning that spot from Nosal as it was. This may just move that along. Depth is such a big thing for a long season and in games against bigger lines (09-Bama, 11-Stanford) so the more reps the guys get the better.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good. I think sportshoopla is safe for now. The bigger name boards do get read though. Its already cost us one this year. :doh:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's some VERY good news about Via from long-snapper Colin Carroll:

@collinjcarroll Collin Carroll
@normwood @kyletuckerVP Mike Via is more than ready. Push jerked 360 and crushed summer conditioning. Started at center as rFr for Warren.
16 minutes ago

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A certain DL that went to the Hoos. Was all VT until our friends at the site not mentioned were bashing the ___ out of him and the NCS boys. His dad was a poster on there and good source of info. After all the bashing he switched to the dark side and Jaime Oakes.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some VERY good news about Via from long-snapper Colin Carroll:

@collinjcarroll Collin Carroll
@normwood @kyletuckerVP Mike Via is more than ready. Push jerked 360 and crushed summer conditioning. Started at center as rFr for Warren.
16 minutes ago

I feel good about Via. He played well when he had to start as a freshman. Also, Mike Goforth is now listing BDC as being out 4-6 weeks. Means at worst he'd miss two games or so and be back for the meat of the schedule.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A certain DL that went to the Hoos. Was all VT until our friends at the site not mentioned were bashing the ___ out of him and the NCS boys. His dad was a poster on there and good source of info. After all the bashing he switched to the dark side and Jaime Oakes.

I gotcha...thanks!

I remember an RB several years ago by the name of Alonzo Coleman who was offered a walkon opportunity at Tech with the hope of earning a scholarship. He was flamed so badly on the TSL boards that when he heard about it, he became quite angry and decided to go to school at Hampton University. He did so well that he was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in 2007.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we have depth there now

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I hope he chooses the good guys! Can you imagine that front 7 in a few years!

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli tells Rivals he has a 2.5 GPA. Thats in a Virginia Beach school. No more academic standards bullshit from the Hoos. :hand: