• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A certain DL that went to the Hoos. Was all VT until our friends at the site not mentioned were bashing the ___ out of him and the NCS boys. His dad was a poster on there and good source of info. After all the bashing he switched to the dark side and Jaime Oakes.

I gotcha...thanks!

I remember an RB several years ago by the name of Alonzo Coleman who was offered a walkon opportunity at Tech with the hope of earning a scholarship. He was flamed so badly on the TSL boards that when he heard about it, he became quite angry and decided to go to school at Hampton University. He did so well that he was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in 2007.

Ehhh. That's pretty weak IMO. I understand these kids don't like unwarranted criticism, they don't like to be told that they aren't "good enough" to play for VT, or whatever the case was. but to shut them out (or have daddy shut them out) because of an article or fanpost that they didn't like is kindof childish. They need to leave their egos at the door. To take another course in football and in life because of what was said on a message board is ridiculous. Hope it turns out well for this DL but he may be saying what the he'll was I thinking in a few years if he gets buried on the depth chart or doesn't ever sniff a bowl game (which at UVA is quite possible). All because he got his feelings hurt....I know people can be cruel but...cmon..man up

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he have ties to UVA or just the in-state connection? I really don't see UNC being a factor since they are about to get pounded by the NCAA. He has to know that now. I feel good about us.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Going to be interesting to see who he picks...will depend on what he sees on the LB depth charts of both VT and UVA. I agree with the comments above that UNC has to be a distant third at this point.

I'm curious why he's decided to eliminate MD from contention.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think UNC is more of a factor than UVA now that they seem to be cleaning things up, but that is just conjecture on my part.

If I were a recruit for 2012 it would be very hard for me to go there knowing penalties are coming. That being said if it is only 2 or 3 years worth of stuff, he will be a R-So or so by the time they clear up and he would be playing then. I would rather be at a school with no concerns.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think UNC is more of a factor than UVA now that they seem to be cleaning things up, but that is just conjecture on my part.

UNC may be cleaning things up, but the NCAA has yet to impose sanctions which will probably include the loss of 8-10 scholarships per year for 2-3 years, no bowl games for 2-3 years, and possibly no televised games for the same period of time. Wins may be vacated as far back as 2008 when Greg Little first began taking "extra benefits". As a side note, Little also played on the UNC 2008 National Championship basketball team, too.

In summary, UNC is facing about a decade before their football program fully recovers.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see who he picks...will depend on what he sees on the LB depth charts of both VT and UVA. I agree with the comments above that UNC has to be a distant third at this point.

I'm curious why he's decided to eliminate MD from contention.

Maybe the coaching change at MD had them eliminated. Sounds like from an article posted by one of you guys a few days ago about Edsall and Co. not really hitting it off with Dematha, it shows that when it comes to recruiting they just don't have their shit together yet??? I feel like it will be between us and UVA. He would be foolish to go to UNC as many of you said. With Harold, Moore and others already committing to play LB there, I think the depth chart at VT looks more favorable in a few years. Just my opinion. Hopefully he will be a Hokie. It would suck to see the Hoos get Harold AND Edmunds in the same week.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well considering i was reading on here that edmunds was rumored to be going to maryland earlier in the week, this is fantastic news that he has eliminated them. i think we get him, just a hunch. its always nice to pull 4* virginia kids, i hope we do that here with edmunds.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe the coaching change at MD had them eliminated. Sounds like from an article posted by one of you guys a few days ago about Edsall and Co. not really hitting it off with Dematha, it shows that when it comes to recruiting they just don't have their shit together yet??? I feel like it will be between us and UVA. He would be foolish to go to UNC as many of you said. With Harold, Moore and others already committing to play LB there, I think the depth chart at VT looks more favorable in a few years. Just my opinion. Hopefully he will be a Hokie. It would suck to see the Hoos get Harold AND Edmunds in the same week.

yeah i posted that, i for one would love if VT could start to land more dematha kids.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just heard some good news about Edmunds that makes me optimistic about his announcement Friday!!!...hope its true!!