• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carlton-dancing-gif.gif

Carlton.gif

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got an email that Wil Smith is headed to Wake Forest. Rivals confirmed, FWIW. I know some on the board liked him.

Sounds like we were the victim of the "package deal" once again. Apparently Wake was willing to offer the guy on the left to get him, and our coaches were not.

dj-jazzy-jeff-and-the-fresh-prince-rock-the-house.jpg

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just realized that I work with Auggie Conte's dad. Never put the pieces together until today. Same last name he had a son who was being recruited by a few in state schools. I don't talk to him much but I over hear him talking about it. Thought that was funny.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small world man. Good thing in your case he didn't go to UVa. You would have to hear that nonsense instead of hearing him talk about the good guys.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could rub it in every year when we destroy them though...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Eli Harold is another versatile athlete and he's holding down the No. 2 spot. Lean and athletic, Harold expects to play defensive end and he will be choosing between Virginia, Penn State and Florida on August 2, with the consensus being the Cavaliers are the heavy favorite. "

Is this news or has it been known for a week already?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Eli Harold is another versatile athlete and he's holding down the No. 2 spot. Lean and athletic, Harold expects to play defensive end and he will be choosing between Virginia, Penn State and Florida on August 2, with the consensus being the Cavaliers are the heavy favorite. "

Is this news or has it been known for a week already?
It has been common knowledge he was a HUGE UVA lean for the last few months...

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to sound bitter, but eli harold doesn't look like anything special in the video i found on yahoo. he burns a few guys at WR, but at DE, he had a few marginal sacks. jarontay jones looks far more dominant in his video as he plows more than a few O-lineman. like i said, i'm not trying to say i don't want him, i just don't think its a big deal that he's going to UVA

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like our class of DEs we have this year. Seem to be very athletic with their size. Once we can McCray to play to his potential we will have a nasty DL

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible UNC leftovers if Davis is fired???

I know that it is unconfirmed at this point if Davis will be fired, but its looking like a good possibility. :rockon:. IF that happens, does anyone see a scenario where UNC would let some of the players that isn't on campus yet, go elsewhere (similar to USCw a couple years ago) and that we could get some of these guys (say T. Hughes, L. Turner, K. Holts, etc.) from the most recent class that signed in February?? I know we typically don't go after these guys, but if they had an opportunity and knocked on the door, Frank would let them in..wouldn't he????

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good observation!

kngjb3 Joe
Butch firing is great for the #Hokies... should be easier for Trey Edmunds to hopefully make a decision for the good guys as well
2 minutes ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF that happens, does anyone see a scenario where UNC would let some of the players that isn't on campus yet, go elsewhere (similar to USCw a couple years ago) and that we could get some of these guys (say T. Hughes, L. Turner, K. Holts, etc.) from the most recent class that signed in February??

The 2011 Class is pretty much stuck at UNC, but if the NCAA hits UNC hard, and I'm suspecting that's going to be the case with the firing of Davis, they will give current UNC scholarship players the option to go to other D1-A programs with no sit-out penalties.

The NCAA made that ruling for Southern Cal players once they decided on the penalties.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2011 Class is pretty much stuck at UNC, but if the NCAA hits UNC hard, and I'm suspecting that's going to be the case with the firing of Davis, they will give current UNC scholarship players the option to go to other D1-A programs with no sit-out penalties.

The NCAA made that ruling for Southern Cal players once they decided on the penalties.

Depends... In the USC-w case the NCAA only allowed upperclassmen to transfer without sitting out a year. All recruits that signed were allowed to get out of their LOI, but the rest of the players on campus were left stranded. If NCAA does same thing, class of 2011 will be stranded.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
Former #Hokies top target, 4-star LB Travis Hughes from Va. Beach, when he picked UNC: "I have such a great bond with Butch Davis."
2 minutes ago

kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
Hughes in December: "I was kind of pulling toward Virginia Tech... but my brother and my father ultimately said (UNC) would be my best fit."
9 minutes ago

Ouch.

Last edited by a moderator: