• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think that 247 has any Hokie writers, however they do have UVA writers. I could be incorrect in that, they do not update their lists however and it gets annoying.

Yep you are correct. And it is very annoying. You should consider writing for them! :peep:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hoping we don't go 0-3 with kids I am high on (the other two being Isaac Hayes and Pyke) but fwiw pretty sure we go 1-2

The last I read, Pyke was down to making a decision between UGA and VT. Has that changed...what did I miss?

By the way, UGA just signed 5* OL John Theus, to add to their current roster of sixteen OLs. They also have offers out to another 5* OL (DJ Humphries), and six uncommitted 4* OLs. My bet is they will take two or three additional OLs out of that group.

Interestingly enough, the Board That Shall Not Be Mentioned does not list Pyke with an offer from Tech. Could that actually be true?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pyke got an offer around July 4th. If I know this Rivals should too. :caked:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is probably one that you have to pay to find out about.

Taraschke looks like he has a nasty streak. Is anyone going to see him this year? Between Arkema, Willenbrock and now these two, we may have one of the downright MEANEST lines in the country. I imagine a lot of bloody toes and sore kidneys on future DL opponents. :D

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pyke got an offer around July 4th. If I know this Rivals should too. :caked:

I thought I remembered Pyke getting an offer shortly before McLaughlin got his, but Ri..cough, cough...doesn't show either one with an offer. What's the point in having a free database if you don't keep it up-to-date?

At this point, if the information can be trusted, we have offers out to the following uncommitted OLs:

D.J. Humphries NC - r
Avery Young FL - r
Nick Davidson MN - r
Greg Pyke SC - not listed
Jonathan McLaughlin MD - not listed
Vadal Alexander - GA - s
Blake Fromang FL - s

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i just saw that. Is that even possible? I can see why you guys dont even say the full name

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i just saw that. Is that even possible? I can see why you guys dont even say the full name

I don't even know. It's all good though. I have said it 1000 times. I'll take ours, they can have theirs, we will see you all on Saturdays in the fall.

#hokiesdominate

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so cal is 17 with 4 commits (3 4 star guys, 1 3 star) yet we are 30? someone please explain this to me. we have the same number of 4 stars and about 20 more 3 stars. the only way this could possibly make sense is if this was a "projected end of the season class" and not a current one.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so cal is 17 with 4 commits (3 4 star guys, 1 3 star) yet we are 30? someone please explain this to me. we have the same number of 4 stars and about 20 more 3 stars. the only way this could possibly make sense is if this was a "projected end of the season class" and not a current one.

Clearly it is based on intangibles like name recognition and who USC might get as opposed to who they will get. A lot of the local kids out here end up at 5* rated players.

Plus how can VT compete against a 8-5 team with the total weasel Lane Kiffin as HC. I mean, SC whipped up on the Wahoos by 3 last year.

I'm happy with the class so far (especially after reading you guys' thoughts) and figure I'll be ecstatic by the time it is all done. I'm not concerned about what one of the services thinks at this point.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly it is based on intangibles like name recognition and who USC might get as opposed to who they will get. A lot of the local kids out here end up at 5* rated players.

Plus how can VT compete against a 8-5 team with the total weasel Lane Kiffin as HC. I mean, SC whipped up on the Wahoos by 3 last year.

I'm happy with the class so far (especially after reading you guys' thoughts) and figure I'll be ecstatic by the time it is all done. I'm not concerned about what one of the services thinks at this point.

Great post. I agree with you.

Rankings in the fall are all that matter to me.

You need to post more, ha ha.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way it was california i was referring to, not usc. i just started my sentence with a "so". makes it even worse really that its just cal.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way it was california i was referring to, not usc. i just started my sentence with a "so". makes it even worse really that its just cal.

Ooops, my bad. I hear a lot about USC around here so I naturally think everything is about them.

Hopefully the Hokies can eventually pass Rutgers in the rankings...