• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What TAE said. As long as Gray stays on our staff, and Hosley has a good season, these guys will be Hokies.
It is very common for committed players to camp at other schools. This can help boost their ratings, plus most of them go and camp with other team mates, helping raise their stock as well. Also, rumor has it that Manning has been camping at other places at the request of his HS coach, the higher that Manning rates, the better his coach looks.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys, I've been a longtime lurker and finally decided to register today just to say thank you for all of the great info and discussion. Keep it up.

This recruiting class looks great and is a far cry from when I went to VT and the best we could seemingly hope for was getting a former top prospect who had suffered an injury in HS and saw his stock plummet.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hi guys, I've been a longtime lurker and finally decided to register today just to say thank you for all of the great info and discussion. Keep it up.

This recruiting class looks great and is a far cry from when I went to VT and the best we could seemingly hope for was getting a former top prospect who had suffered an injury in HS and saw his stock plummet.

Welcome aboard! This is an excellent site with a lot of very good information and contributors! :welcome:

I know what you mean about our current recruiting being "a far cry" from when we first came to Tech. Coach Claiborne tried his best, but it was hard to find the players he needed to compete against teams like Alabama and Florida State. Now we're competing for recruits against the top-tier teams in the SEC, ACC, Big 10/11, Big 12, and PAC 10. Pretty amazing!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FWIW, Edmunds visited this weekend and had a great visit. He is supposed to decide sometime during the week of Aug. 1st. I think we are in a great position if he does not take any more visits...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoos think they are getting him :blah:
Maryland thinks he is going there because of Dad :doh:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Edmunds, IMO, will come down to an in-state battle. I think that his dad will see through the BS at UNC, and I do not think that MD is really much in the picture. I think it will come down to UVA or VT with the good guys winning....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very good at not giving anything away, so who knows. I dont think that Virginia is really in it though. What are your feelings? He is a 757 guy right? Have you seen him play at all?

Trey Edmunds is from Dan River HS. Dan River is located just outside of Danville and I believe the school is single A. So I am not sure how Edmunds got to a 4 star rating having played for lower level competition. He must have stood out in camps or something.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmunds is worth the 4 star rating. The kid is a natural and FAST. How many LBs are state champions in the 200m dash. I've seen a lot of kids play but Trey stands out. I have been high on him for some time now. Hoping we don't go 0-3 with kids I am high on (the other two being Isaac Hayes and Pyke) but fwiw pretty sure we go 1-2

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think TSL and Rivals are bad, you should check out 247. Its complete garbage and extremely UVA slanted. Its worse than Scout.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you guys think TSL and Rivals are bad, you should check out 247. Its complete garbage and extremely UVA slanted. Its worse than Scout.
I do not think that 247 has any Hokie writers, however they do have UVA writers. I could be incorrect in that, they do not update their lists however and it gets annoying.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that we were still pretty high on Pyke's list.

Aside from that the more that I read about Conte and Taraschke and I see from Taraschke, I am very impressed. With Stinespring coaching the tackles again, I think these two guys could be absolute steals.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that we were still pretty high on Pyke's list.

Aside from that the more that I read about Conte and Taraschke and I see from Taraschke, I am very impressed. With Stinespring coaching the tackles again, I think these two guys could be absolute steals.

Efforts have been scaled back for sentence A because of sentence B....