• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wahoos got a commit today. He is a three star and held a press conference. That's the Hoo player way...
QUOTE]

What gets me is they and some of the pro-UVA media are claiming he chose UVA over VT... We didn't even offer!!...:nono:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

More quotes from Conte

"I felt like I was at home at Virginia Tech.”

....and....

“I really liked the way they treated me,” Conte said. “They offered me, then kind of stepped back and gave me the space and time to make a decision. They weren’t real pushy and forceful in trying to make me decide.”

....and....

"When I was making my decision, it wasn’t that hard to separate what was best for me and what I felt as a fan," he said. "I’ll always root for U.Va. as long as they’re not playing Tech."

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pyke is down to UGA & VT, I think he goes to VT. Because I really haven't heard much about him and I don't think he was at Dawg Night over the weekend. Also, John Theus just committed & we signed some big time OL guys last year.

Of course with our current OL situation, I'm sure the Dawgs aren't done recruiting o-linemen.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wahoos got a commit today. He is a three star and held a press conference. That's the Hoo player way...
QUOTE]

What gets me is they and some of the pro-UVA media are claiming he chose UVA over VT... We didn't even offer!!...:nono:

Kyle Tucker tweeted it earlier - Cooper wasn't even on Tech's board. Scout and other recruiting services believed Cooper when he said he had an offer from Tech.

kyletuckerVP
Although new #U.Va. commit Anthony Cooper told The Pilot's Larry Rubama he had a VT offer, he was not on the #Hokies' target board.
1 hour ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Pyke is down to UGA & VT, I think he goes to VT. Because I really haven't heard much about him and I don't think he was at Dawg Night over the weekend. Also, John Theus just committed & we signed some big time OL guys last year.

Of course with our current OL situation, I'm sure the Dawgs aren't done recruiting o-linemen.

Thanks...good feedback on Pyke.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with 100% certainty that Cooper never had a VT offer. In fact there was very, very minimal interest.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ was headed south all along. Nicholson was romanced by Mike London and his sweet talk. Other than that, not too much top D1 talent.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More info from Kyle Tucker on Tech's recruiting costs:

VT Football: No Willie Lyles in the Hokies' closet ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

QUOTE:

"UPDATE: Since last week's original blog posting below (which covered 2009-10), Virginia Tech has responded with records for what it spent on high school scouting services in 2010-11. The Hokies spent more (up from $895 in 2009-10 to $3,320.81 this past year) but still not nearly an eyebrow-raising amount. Here’s a look at the services Tech paid for in 2010-11:

* Collegiate Sports Data ($2,095), based in Nashville, has been around since 1990 and surveys every high school and junior college team in the country, compiling profiles of players from coast to coast, and providing them in both a printed book and digital copy.

* Metro Index Football Scouting ($695), based out of Pittsburgh, has been around since 1976 and supplies names of football and basketball prospects to colleges. Founder Joe Butler and a small staff attend high school games, host camps and watch piles video on players in the region to provide assessments.

* Clell Wade Coaches Directory ($130.81), based out of Cassville, Mo., started as the Missouri Coaches Directory in 1960. The company, founded by former football coach Clell Wade, now publishes hardy copy and online directories of high school coaches and administrators in every state.

* Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Service ($400) – see the previous entry."

I wonder if Shane had any input resulting in the increase in recruiting costs from 2009-2010 to 2010-2011?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the highest 3 star in florida. it has to be only a matter of time until he gets that 4th.

Yea, a good season will easily get him the 4th star. Provided there are no injuries *knock on wood*, he should be a 4 star when they re-rate at end of high school season. That's assuming he's as good as everyone is indicating.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big is correct...Conte Benches 360 and squats 440 :O

This looks to be a good gamble at 6'6 and 270--and he looks chiseled.

DD says that it is a good chance that Conte will prep at FUMA next year, pushing his number to the 2013 class. Keep 'em rolling SB.