• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article with very good content on Donaldven Manning:

Top Talent Comes out for Miami Camp

QUOTE:

"Over 15 kids with Division 1 offers showcased their talent. One young man that stood out was top defensive back recruit in the country Donaldven Manning. Manning will be going into his Senior year at Miami Central High School and has verbally committed to play football at Virginia Tech University. The coaches at JuniorRank weren't suprised he's stated as one of the top in the country.

'One of the finest young men, I have ever had the priveledge of meeting in person. Aside from being a tremendous cover corner, with technique and burst that is off the chart, he may actually be a better leader than he is a player. He commands an audience when he speaks and maintains a team first mentality,' said JuniorRank CEO Shaon Berry."

Any rumblings about how solid Manning is to the Hokies?

The people who matter are not worried. The "chicken littles" worry no matter what, FWIW. :noidea:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article with very good content on Donaldven Manning:

Top Talent Comes out for Miami Camp

QUOTE:

"Over 15 kids with Division 1 offers showcased their talent. One young man that stood out was top defensive back recruit in the country Donaldven Manning. Manning will be going into his Senior year at Miami Central High School and has verbally committed to play football at Virginia Tech University. The coaches at JuniorRank weren't suprised he's stated as one of the top in the country.

'One of the finest young men, I have ever had the priveledge of meeting in person. Aside from being a tremendous cover corner, with technique and burst that is off the chart, he may actually be a better leader than he is a player. He commands an audience when he speaks and maintains a team first mentality,' said JuniorRank CEO Shaon Berry."

Any rumblings about how solid Manning is to the Hokies?

Can anyone explain why this kid is only a 3-star on both Rivals and Scout? With his offer list and the acclaim he is getting it really doesn't make sense. Hope he gets his 4th star when these sites re-rank.

Also, I've heard he is still solid. Worries me that he has been travelling to other schools, but I think the kid is just trying to enjoy his summer. Last I heard was the coaches aren't heavily pursuing Crawley anymore. Hints to me that they feel Manning is solid.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The people who matter are not worried. The "chicken littles" worry no matter what, FWIW. :noidea:

I'm reading comments that his high school coach is trying to shop him around to other schools to showcase the coach's high school program. I hope that's all he's doing.

Still can't believe Manning's just a 3* as rated by the good folks at (cough, cough)...his offer list is pretty darn strong!

Virginia Tech
Alabama
Auburn
Cincinnati
Florida
Florida State
Kentucky
Louisville
LSU
Marshall
Miami (FL)
Michigan State
Nebraska
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Rutgers
South Florida
Tennessee
Texas Tech
UCF
Vanderbilt
West Virginia
Wisconsin

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you know he would be a 4* if he had committed to one of the SEC schools?

:confused2:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading comments that his high school coach is trying to shop him around to other schools to showcase the coach's high school program. I hope that's all he's doing.

Still can't believe Manning's just a 3* as rated by the good folks at (cough, cough)...his offer list is pretty darn strong!

Virginia Tech
Alabama
Auburn
Cincinnati
Florida
Florida State
Kentucky
Louisville
LSU
Marshall
Miami (FL)
Michigan State
Nebraska
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Rutgers
South Florida
Tennessee
Texas Tech
UCF
Vanderbilt
West Virginia
Wisconsin

He was literally one of the last players left out of the 4 stars for Rivals. They cited size, which is bullshit when you consider some of the other 4* corners and their size that are above him.

I think he is as solid as it gets unless Gray gets a job elsewhere in the next offseason.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was literally one of the last players left out of the 4 stars for Rivals. They cited size, which is bullshit when you consider some of the other 4* corners and their size that are above him.

I think he is as solid as it gets unless Gray gets a job elsewhere in the next offseason.

I agree...he really does seem to like Gray and how he develops players for the next level.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big get (literally). With Taraschke likely to commit on Friday, looks like we are wrapping up OL recruiting for this class.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is still one more big fish out there, but this commit and the likely one on Friday may push that.

I think we'll still have room for Pyke (if that's the guy you're referencing) but one of the other OLs may possibly have to grayshirt.

Not bad so far: Willenbrock, Benedict, Conte. Add one or two more and we'll have the number of OLs we need to replace the 4 we'll lose at the end of 2011.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new KT blog entry addressing conte and recruiting

VT Football: Hokies edge U.Va. for OL, assessing in-state recruiting ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

“I can pretty much guarantee that if they’d offered before I went to the Virginia Tech camp, I would’ve accepted,” Conte said. “But at Tech’s camp, I loved the way the coaches were, the way they interacted with the players. I just really liked the coaching staff, the campus, how the players I met were all really good guys.