• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to know what the Hokies coaching staff pays for recruiting services? $895.

QUOTE:

"According to the invoices, Hokies director of football operations John Ballein signed off on the $495 purchase of Tom Lemming’s Prep Football Report and $400 for the Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Service based in Silver Spring, Md."

VT Football: No Willie Lyles in the Hokies' closet ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

And the other school in Virginia pays $100 a year for a subscription to HOKIEHAVEN! ;)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Benedict: His interview seems a little bit canned, but rifts happen. If I had to guess, he was concerned about his long term health and his Move to the inside. We had a similar situation with Jerrod Williams who was hampered by injuries and never had much of a chance to get into the two deep at his preferred position. He moved to rover very briefly but saw his future at corner. Clemson was his home team and he saw a hole there. It ended amicably and be decided to walk on thereto avoid having to sit. Nobody bashed him. It was best for everyone. I have not heard much from him since though. Has anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious, but are we expecting any additional OL verbals sometime this week?

As we all know, a number of OL recruits have recently received offers. I'm sure they're aware that space on the Hokie-boat is growing slimmer by the day.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but are we expecting any additional OL verbals sometime this week?

As we all know, a number of OL recruits have recently received offers. I'm sure they're aware that space on the Hokie-boat is growing slimmer by the day.

Conte said he was going to wait until later this summer or early fall for a decision. I think he may decide sooner, but we'll see.

Taraschke may be visiting this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised to see a commitment.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im hoping first come first serve for o-line to be honest, with so many big time guys at other positions still available with high to moderate interest in us. is it really worth taking too many 2 or 3 star o-linemen and having to miss out on some 4 star guys due to lack of schollies? i'd take 2 more o-linemen max, as we already have 2 coming in in 2012. 2 more would make 4, which i think would be plenty.

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On Benedict: His interview seems a little bit canned, but rifts happen. If I had to guess, he was concerned about his long term health and his Move to the inside. We had a similar situation with Jerrod Williams who was hampered by injuries and never had much of a chance to get into the two deep at his preferred position. He moved to rover very briefly but saw his future at corner. Clemson was his home team and he saw a hole there. It ended amicably and be decided to walk on thereto avoid having to sit. Nobody bashed him. It was best for everyone. I have not heard much from him since though. Has anyone?

Yeah, it sounded like his lawyer was sitting next to him and they would discuss each answer before it was given, haha.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Tech in trouble with the NC2A???
From the AJC

NCAA will announce results of GT findings at 3 p.m.

9:22 am July 14, 2011, by rcox

The NCAA will announce the results of alleged violations committed by Georgia Tech’s football program at 3 p.m. today.

The alleged violations occurred within the football program within the past several years.

The Yellow Jackets were on a two-year probation that resulted in self-imposed scholarship cuts (from 85 to 79) and a reduction in signing classes (from 25 to no more than 19) in 2005 and 2006 after the school learned that 17 athletes who were academically ineligible were allowed to compete during the 1998 and ‘99 seasons. Tech learned in 2003 that it had been misapplying an NCAA eligibility rule.

In addition to those penalties, the NCAA infractions committee added a limit of 79 total football scholarships for the 2006 and 2007 teams, six below the normal maximum.

The infractions committee also recommended that Tech vacate wins from seasons, 1998-2002, plus 2004, which were all winning seasons that ended in bowl trips. Tech appealed and the NCAA appeals committee agreed, allowing the results of those seasons to stand.

The NCAA has been in what appears to be a testy mood regarding alleged violations in wake of scandals at Ohio State, Southern California and North Carolina, among other places. The Trojans had to forfeit a national championship and the Buckeyes their 2010 Sugar Bowl victory. Penalties against North Carolina’s program haven’t been announced. However, numerous players were suspended for all or parts of last season.

Please keep checking back for news.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Georgia Tech in trouble with the NC2A???
From the AJC

NCAA will announce results of GT findings at 3 p.m.

Just saw that on Twitter....didn't realize they were in any kind of NCAA trouble. The NCAA looks like they're in a "take no prisoners" mood. :laser:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that on Twitter....didn't realize they were in any kind of NCAA trouble. The NCAA looks like they're in a "take no prisoners" mood. :laser:

If you read the article, GT is already on probation. That can't be good if they are repeat offenders.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good article by Doug Doughty on Brent Benedict. The part about where he is now from a physical standpoint is good news because he now has another year to get back completely to 100%:

This time, ex-Georgia lineman chose Hokies - Roanoke.com

QUOTES:

"'My knee is 100 percent,' he said. 'I did have some nerve damage that caused dropped foot, but that's probably 90 [or] 95 percent right now. I was able to go through all of spring practice and was able to play in the spring game.'"

....and....

"Benedict, who said he feels natural at guard or tackle and also has played center, was recruited by new Tech assistant coach Shane Beamer and needed no introduction. Beamer was on the South Carolina staff when Benedict was being recruited by the Gamecocks in 2009."

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cody Blanc got a Tennessee offer. This may end up being his destination

I'm waiting on Jesse Smithey of PrepExtra to comment on what he thinks of the Vols offer to Blanc. But, I'm thinking like you are...he'll go to the Vols.

TAEdisonHokie
@prepxtra Blanc sounded previously like he was very interested in the Vols...is that where you think he will end up? hokies football
21 minutes ago

prepxtra Jesse Smithey
Central HS RB/S Cody Blanc (@Cody_____) has been offered by #Tennessee #Vols, he said by text message. 1st reported by @AustinPriceless
30 minutes ago