• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. We only brought in 19 last year and 2 greyshirts, so we can add up to 4. Manning and Coleman are locks to EE. Tookes and Irick are likely as well. And as I mentioned, if nobody declares early, we are still under by 31 total after this years crop gradumicates. :)
I know JC is trying to enroll early, however with the SOL rules in VA it may be a little difficult for him to enroll early.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the other school in Virginia just offered Conte, a mere hours after we did. How pathetic must it be to be on the recruiting or coaching staff over there. They can't even do their own talent evaluation, they have to wait for big brother. :L

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It sounds like the other school in Virginia just offered Conte, a mere hours after we did. How pathetic must it be to be on the recruiting or coaching staff over there. They can't even do their own talent evaluation, they have to wait for big brother. :L
I just saw that this am, I have always heard that a lot of schools use VT's evaluation on a player to see if they want to offer...

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
46 and Evan - Kyle Tucker also mentions the UVA offer to Conte in his most recent blog entry:

VT Football: Another day, another commitment ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

I thought Mike London knew ALL of the D1-A football prospects in the Richmond area...but he has to piggy-back on Tech's evaluation of Conte to offer the kid?
I would imagine that UVA was well aware of him, and had not pulled the trigger yet. When they saw that VT offered, they did not want to wait any longer to offer. London does know his stuff and he does recruit well, so I am sure he was aware of Conte, but with the offer from VT he did not want to get left behind by not offering. Just my $.02

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that UVA was well aware of him, and had not pulled the trigger yet. When they saw that VT offered, they did not want to wait any longer to offer. London does know his stuff and he does recruit well, so I am sure he was aware of Conte, but with the offer from VT he did not want to get left behind by not offering. Just my $.02

I know, my post was somewhat TIC. He has just offered a bunch of guys this year like 8 hours after we did.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we start calling UVa the Fighting Michael McAdoos since they plagiarize our work?

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why not utilize the best talent evaluators in the state ;)

I like when Disney did an article that re-ranked the recruiting classes from a few years ago, based on how the players actually turned out. Pretty sure we ended up being ranked 2nd or 3rd.

We would always joke that it was the Blue Juice at D2 that made us all great athletes.