• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm waiting on Jesse Smithey of PrepExtra to comment on what he thinks of the Vols offer to Blanc. But, I'm thinking like you are...he'll go to the Vols.

TAEdisonHokie
@prepxtra Blanc sounded previously like he was very interested in the Vols...is that where you think he will end up? hokies football
21 minutes ago

prepxtra Jesse Smithey
Central HS RB/S Cody Blanc (@Cody_____) has been offered by #Tennessee #Vols, he said by text message. 1st reported by @AustinPriceless
30 minutes ago

Got the answer:

prepxtra Jesse Smithey
@TAEdisonHokie Word is, he had been wanting them to offer.
9 minutes ago

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Vol Nation is not very happy about offering him, calling him a C player at best.

They need to worry about getting their program back to being competitive before they worry about "c" recruits. They have fallen to a distant, DISTANT fourth in the SEC East for now.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Irick is set to graduate in December and enroll in Jan. at VT, counting towards the 2011 class not 2012...That is good news with the boat filling up..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But, you can't teach speed and good instincts...Cody seems to have an abundance of both.
True, and maybe he will still come to VT, but my money is on him going to UT and we will not hurt without him. Not saying it would not be GREAT to get him, but it would not kill our class for him to go to UT. just my $.02 :)

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We also offered a sleeper WR from Lafayette (Thomas Smith 6'3" 215lb) with the condition that he prep a year, helping his game improve, plus count towards the 2013 class. I think that he could decide pretty soon...

Edit...here is a link to an article on him - Bay Rivers Receiver Catches ACC Offer, With A Twist | Recruit757

The kid sounds really excited about VT. I feel bad he would have to wait a year though but he seems ready to commit. He looks built. Only runs a 4.7 though.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The kid sounds really excited about VT. I feel bad he would have to wait a year though but he seems ready to commit. He looks built. Only runs a 4.7 though.
The thing I like about this offer is that if he does decide to take the condition and prep, he will go and prep for a year and then come to VT and still have 5 years. He could redshirt, but he also could come in and contribute for 4 years. This could go from a 2* under appreciated player to a 4 year player based on how well he preps. I really like this offer.

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing I like about this offer is that if he does decide to take the condition and prep, he will go and prep for a year and then come to VT and still have 5 years. He could redshirt, but he also could come in and contribute for 4 years. This could go from a 2* under appreciated player to a 4 year player based on how well he preps. I really like this offer.

Very true, can't put a price on maturity. I am also all for freeing up a slot in this class.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For anyone who's interested...last year's stats for Cody Blanc:

prepxtra Jesse Smithey
Cody Blanc (10 gms in 2010): 131 rush, 1171 yds, 10 TDs | 5 KO return TDs | 39.6 yds per KO return | 206 rec yds, 2 TDs | 55 tackles.
52 minutes ago

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He specifically said "those people" after earlier referring to the fans who made comments. Nothing was inferred about all UGA fans. It's all good.

No big deal, it just reeked of "holier than thou, bunch of dummies"... it was obvious that he only read a few of the comments and decided to base his judgement on one single post, and he took it out of context as well.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We also offered a sleeper WR from Lafayette (Thomas Smith 6'3" 215lb) with the condition that he prep a year, helping his game improve, plus count towards the 2013 class. I think that he could decide pretty soon...

Edit...here is a link to an article on him - Bay Rivers Receiver Catches ACC Offer, With A Twist | Recruit757

It's a big decision cost-wise. Hargrave Military Academy costs $28,600 per year, and Fork Union Military Academy costs $31,050 per year. I believe I've heard somewhere that scholarship help is available, but I don't know for sure.

Virginia/VA Boarding School - Boarding School Review

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tennessee gives offer to Knox Central athlete Cody Blanc Knoxville News Sentinel

QUOTE:

"While it sounds as if Blanc is ready to commit to Tennessee, he said he wanted to talk with Dooley and staff during camp at Tennessee some time next week. Playing time will be the topic du jour

The camp runs Monday-Wednesday.

"'I want to go over there with my mom and dad and the coaches and sit down and talk to them, you know, and see if I’ll get to play,' he said. 'They signed four safeties last year. I don’t want to commit to a school that is six-deep with safeties and that be the only position (Tennessee) is looking at me for.'"

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a big decision cost-wise. Hargrave Military Academy costs $28,600 per year, and Fork Union Military Academy costs $31,050 per year. I believe I've heard somewhere that scholarship help is available, but I don't know for sure.

Virginia/VA Boarding School - Boarding School Review
Looks like he will be going for 1 semester if he goes, don't know about the financial side of the deal but he could be a good pick up...

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, that is expensive...I had no idea...

So how does football eligibility work during post grad? Will he play football for Fork Union for a semester or just train there?