• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He became a R-Fr as soon as his last scholarship year ended which was 2010. He is a R-Fr for 2011. As far as sitting out goes, does that mean he's not allowed to practice with the team in 2011, or does that mean he just can't play?

Another comment on Benedict...he's a transfer, so he doesn't count toward the 25-limit for the 2012 Class! Bonus!

Right, he should count to the 2009 or 2010 class. That's how Jarvis Jones was, who transfered from USC.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nixon had a UVa offer when he got offered by VT. Always wanted to go to VT. Don't know how strong his ties to Wynn and Moore are... but theyd have to be pretty strong to sway him.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just read the NCAA rules about transfers and here's what I got out of it. A football player transferring from one FBS school to another must be a full-time student and cannot compete for a year. Nothing in the handbook stated that the player is allowed OR prohibited from practicing and working out with his new team. However, I do recall a transfer to Tech a few years ago who practiced with the team during the year he couldn't compete. I think that's the way it will be for Benedict, too.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nixon switches to the othe school in Virginia, it kind of proves that the NCS boys were playing a game that we have no business being a part of. UVA needs to do that to get guys. We don't.

From all I have heard about Nixon, however, he is 1000% Hokie.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Nixon switches to the othe school in Virginia, it kind of proves that the NCS boys were playing a game that we have no business being a part of. UVA needs to do that to get guys. We don't.

From all I have heard about Nixon, however, he is 1000% Hokie.
Nixon will stay with VT, from everything I am hearing, he chose VT because he loves the program. He is a solid verbal from everything I have heard...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks to everyone who posted for the comments on Nixon...appreciate it!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW TAE he will be able to practice and train(this is if i remember the rule correctly). Im pretty sure it is the same as if he was a RS <-----The only difference (i think) is a RS can travel and dress, im pretty sure that wont be the case with benedict.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW i havnt been around since this broke, im super stoked about him.

I really have little concern about the knee, I feel pretty sure we asked a lot of questions and prob at least gave his med records a once over before offering.

I also dont see much difference in his eligibility, Most OL wont contribute to at least their RS soph year anyway.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really have little concern about the knee, I feel pretty sure we asked a lot of questions and prob at least gave his med records a once over before offering.

I also dont see much difference in his eligibility, Most OL wont contribute to at least their RS soph year anyway.

exactly. he is basically the same as the other guys we are recruiting in the 2012 class, as in he wont be able to play til 2012, its not like he was going to play for us this season anyways. the only difference is he will have 3 years instead of 5 years of eligibility starting in 2012, but he should be a lot further along than the other guys when he becomes eligible, and he will be on campus this year and not in high school.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My word, look at the crazy offer list Benedict had coming out of high school. Wow.
And, yes, I know I am late to the party. Been a busy day.

Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, Miami (Fl.), Mississippi, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Same here! And since he doesn't count against the 25-limit for 2012, he's a bonus recruit!

Plus, our S&C personnel, trainers, and medical staff will be available to do whatever they need to do to get him ready for 2012.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Kyle Tucker's Twitter account:

"Word is, VT checked into Benedict's injury thoroughly, liked what it heard about his recovery/rehab. If healthy in 2012, what a steal."
7 minutes ago

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From Kyle Tucker's Twitter account:

"Word is, VT checked into Benedict's injury thoroughly, liked what it heard about his recovery/rehab. If healthy in 2012, what a steal."
7 minutes ago

Great news! you kinda had to figure they did, but its great to have it confirmed.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I did reply to KT and asked if had heard anything about any numbness in Benedict's foot...no response yet, but he'll probably check it out when he has time.

This is a pretty wild recruiting year, no?