• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if you guys have seen this, but...

Twitter

...anyway, I hope you guys don't waste a scholly on this guy (unless you need on OL really bad). It was reported in the spring that he was still hampered by his knee injury (suffered in HS), even though he says he fine, UGA was going ask him to take a medical redshirt. Apparently, he has numbness in his foot & it is hindering his footwork when blocking.

Most of all, I think the way he left UGA shows that he has no heart and I know that's not the kind of player VT wants.

Just my opinion, but there's not a lot of difference between taking a medical redshirt at UGA or going someplace else and sitting out a year based on the NCAA guidelines for transfers. Regardless, he'll be a R-Soph when he's able to play again. I suspect there may be more to why he left UGA than just being asked to take a medical redshirt. In fact, the word we get is that Benedict had a falling out with the new UGA S&C Coach, leading to his decision to leave the Dawgs. Some schools, particularly those in the SEC, have a habit of running off players they feel have no future in their program. It appears to me that he still has the fire in the belly to play high-level college ball...just not at UGA.

I'd also wager an educated guess that Shane Beamer already knows every detail of what's going on with Benedict's knee. When Shane was at South Carolina he was heavily involved in recruiting Benedict, and has stayed in touch with him since that time.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After browsing a bit around the internet (as I was bored), Darius Hamilton is set to decide in October, and apparently has a final 6 set; consisting of: Rutgers, Florida, Tennessee, California, Alabama, & Oregon.

I hope he forgot about VT, until decision day. Man it would be nice to grab him

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After browsing a bit around the internet (as I was bored), Darius Hamilton is set to decide in October, and apparently has a final 6 set; consisting of: Rutgers, Florida, Tennessee, California, Alabama, & Oregon.

I hope he forgot about VT, until decision day. Man it would be nice to grab him

We will get an official which would make us part of his top 5, I would assume. I think he stays home at Rutgers at this point though. Where did you read that?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Same. There are actually a couple that would commit on the spot with an offer... but I hope we hold off...

FWiw i know haynesworth's (sp?) father said that if VT offered he would accept. Is he one of the guys that you guys think gets an offer?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Smith, McLaughlin, Haynesworth, and another surprise OL will get offers IMO.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OKay, here are the names of the OLs most recently mentioned and whether or not they have an offer from Tech:

Greg Pyke MD - recently got an offer
Jonathan McLaughlin SC - recently received an offer
Brent Benedict - FL - took official visit this past weekend - assume he has offer?

These guys are part of the Tuesday discussion by the staff to determine who else gets offers, if any:

Trenton Saunders - FL
Will Smith - VA
Ty Hayworth - TN

Any others?

I have to think at this point that the Tech staff is holding out until Tuesday on any additional OL offers because they feel pretty positive about the OL offers they've already extended. Their deadline to accept must be today. Am I going in the correct direction, or did I miss a turn somewhere?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TAE, sent you a message on Twitter, but since you haven't replied (A-hole ;) ) what'd you get banned for?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey TAE, sent you a message on Twitter, but since you haven't replied (A-hole ;) ) what'd you get banned for?

That's MISTER A-hole to you!! :ss:

Mostly very old history between (cough, cough...Will...cough, cough) and myself. He posted a remark that was unprofessional in my opinion, and I responded with a few comments of my own about those "old days" that he apparently didn't like.

Hey, I've been thrown out of a lot worse places! :laugh:

By the way, I did not get your message on Twitter...I'll look into that and find out what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tweet, not a message. Sorry about your history with them. I've done business with Chris and he is a good guy IMO.