• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Wynn have committed to UVA because we are looking full? Or did some offers go out knowing he was going to UVA? My guess would be the latter.

Theres actually a back story. Wynn was VTs to lose after the Spring Game. Was actually pretty upset that Moore committed to UVA but wasn't too bothered by it because of Mario. I think what swayed him to UVA was his dad. Dad used to be a heavy poster on HH but some of the rivals posters really ticked him off and he jumped ship to UVA. Word to the wise...careful what you post...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we'll fill our needs with very good football players...but we may not fill them with the guys who want to wait until the last second to verbal. Just my opinion, but most of those guys who wait until the last second are what I call hostage-takers. They hold several schools hostage and then kill all but one when they finally make their choice.

Oh i totally agree with you (on the very good ftball players), i love how our recruiting is going and cant name a single guy that im not ecstatic to have. I guess im just not used to VT being in the position of having to turn top tier guys away. The hostage taker is a good analogy but in years past we have always been able to work the numbers to take those guys, this year we have filled up fast enough that we may (possibly)have to turn guys away.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres actually a back story. Wynn was VTs to lose after the Spring Game. Was actually pretty upset that Moore committed to UVA but wasn't too bothered by it because of Mario. I think what swayed him to UVA was his dad. Dad used to be a heavy poster on HH but some of the rivals posters really ticked him off and he jumped ship to UVA. Word to the wise...careful what you post...

Very interesting. Read somewhere else that his dad made the difference. In the end, if we offered Wahee, I think we get Moore and Wynn. However, I'm glad we didn't offer Wahee, especially with how this class is filling up. We are getting the LB recruits to cover the loss of Moore, and the coaches clearly did not think Wahee was good enough for an offer. We know now that we don't have the numbers to take him. I trust that any player receiving an offer at this point is a player the coaches really want.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very interesting. Read somewhere else that his dad made the difference. In the end, if we offered Wahee, I think we get Moore and Wynn. However, I'm glad we didn't offer Wahee, especially with how this class is filling up. We are getting the LB recruits to cover the loss of Moore, and the coaches clearly did not think Wahee was good enough for an offer. We know now that we don't have the numbers to take him. I trust that any player receiving an offer at this point is a player the coaches really want.
Yes had we offered Wahee I think we would have gotten all 4 of the boys, however I don't think Beamer wants to do package deals anymore after the Marcus Vick package deal with Brenden Hill

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kirven, Williams, smith, and Baron is a hell of a d-line pull. As for Dooley, if the coaches picked him out of the 200+ guys at camp yesterday to offer, he has to have been pretty damn badass.
Dooley was on the watch for a while, he has a great motor and raw ability. He is a project but I like this pick up

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirven, Williams, smith, and Baron is a hell of a d-line pull. As for Dooley, if the coaches picked him out of the 200+ guys at camp yesterday to offer, he has to have been pretty damn badass.

Kirven? Know something we don't ;)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kirven, caleb, harris, diggs, eugene lewis, jarron jones, hamilton?, crawley

8 guys that we have a decent to good shot for that are either 4 or 5 stars. seems like we are in the thick of it for stefon diggs, who is a guy you cant turn away. plus factor in that we will sign several sleeper o-linemen and probably some other 3 star guys like irick or the like, this class is definitely filling up rapidly and it seems like we will lose out on some guys because of having no room left, just my guess.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I just dont see a Brookline kid goin anywhere that Zach McCray is not on his left and Logan Thomas is his quarterback. Kirven is a VT kid.

Ahhh okay. Always thought he was a VT lean. Just was seeing if you were hinting at something hah. Thanks for the insight.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i wouldnt count on diggs...he seems SEC bound...i think hes goin to AUBURN..the money handshakes got to him :)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt count on diggs...he seems SEC bound...i think hes goin to AUBURN..the money handshakes got to him :)

from reading some KT twitter stuff i'd say we at least have a fighting chance for him. he seems like he will take an OV to tech. hes a top 10 player in the country, id think if you have at least a decent chance for a player of that caliber you'd have to save a spot for him?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

How do you feel about Jones (penn st. decommit)? He seems like a must take type of guy and i thought we were right in the mix for him?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yet our biggest weak spot last year was LB. Besides Bruce, we were really lacking. And you know the rule, recruits are never really as big as they are listed. I think we still NEED Edmunds and Kirven. I trust the coaches too, but do you want to see us whiff on top talent because we are full at that position or simply don't have enough schollies.

Just because you don't see the top talent we're stockpiling in the 2012 doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your definition of top talent...or Rivals', or Scouts', or that of any other recruiting service...will probably not equal the definition used by the Tech coaching staff.

No matter how well we do with any class, there will always be those who feel the staff "whiffed" on one or more recruits, while stating that other recruits were just Plan B and shouldn't have been offered. Just my opinion, but it's way too early with 7 months to go to believe that we're working on ANY Plan Bs.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And jmho, but if a college decision, which will affect the rest of your life, comes down to your dad's experience with a few message board posters, umm yeah.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you guys have seen this, but...

Twitter

...anyway, I hope you guys don't waste a scholly on this guy (unless you need on OL really bad). It was reported in the spring that he was still hampered by his knee injury (suffered in HS), even though he says he fine, UGA was going ask him to take a medical redshirt. Apparently, he has numbness in his foot & it is hindering his footwork when blocking.

Most of all, I think the way he left UGA shows that he has no heart and I know that's not the kind of player VT wants.

Last edited by a moderator: