• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
heard that things are lookin great for nigel williams after yesterday...didnt know if he would commit before its too late...just my guess

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope the staff makes the decisions on those OLs no later than Tuesday am...at this rate we may not have any slots left!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This says it all:

kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
So the #Hokies land a pair of DTs in two days who are VT legacies. Alston Smith, son of Bruce. Woody Baron, nephew of Jim.

Super pumped for Legacy players!!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For those keeping track:

Newsome (all 757 area recruits)
---------
Coleman
Greene
Nixon
Smith

S. Beamer
----------
Clarke
Frye
Willenbrock

Gray
-----
Jones
Manning
Tookes

Wiles
-----
Baron
Blue
McKinnon

Sherman
---------
Motley
Riley

Stinespring
-----------
Dooley
Jackson

Foster
-------
Vandyke

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
huh...guess i was right...looks like we landed NIGEL WILLIAMS today as well!!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. Just got back from Blacksburg. Can't say I was overly impressed by anyone in particular. Saw two recent commits and they really looked on the small side for their position. Didn't know of any offers going out until now but to be honest I am kind of disappointed the coaches gave out offers so quickly. We are tight on #s and alot of top talent are still in play and we are in good position for. Why use that offer on a guy not as likely to start? I don't know. Just my 2 cents from my weekend observations...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to put any names out on a public forum but one is a recent LB that is projected to be an inside LB.... He wasn't any bigger than I and I'm only 6'1 185.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I really like Dylan Stallings. That being said we don't need anymore TEs sooo...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to put any names out on a public forum but one is a recent LB that is projected to be an inside LB.... He wasn't any bigger than I and I'm only 6'1 185.

Just my opinion, but it's a little early to be negative about any 2012 verbals.

All of Tech's 2012 LB verbals are in the range of 6'0" to 6'2", 200 to 215 pounds. They're all going into their senior year of high school with the opportunity to get physically more mature before they come to Tech. Additionally, they will spend at least a redshirt year with Dr. Gentry before they ever see the field. My guess is they will all be about 220+/- pounds of muscle-weight by the time they play for real. Take a look at our past LBs...very few, if any, have been ready to play as soon as they arrived.

I'll trust the coaching staff on this...they've been doing this a long time and they know what they're looking for.