• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 1-A in this post. When Jacob and I played at Franklin County, we were and still are a triple A program (Western Valley). Maybe you saw Franklin High School which is a single A program in the Eastern division?

My apologies...I stand corrected. Thanks!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone have a good handle on the offers that came out of this weekend's camp?

So far, I've got:

DE Seth Dooley - Verbal to Tech
ATH Cody Blanc
DB Mike Tyson
OL Jonathan Mclaughlin
OL Greg Pyke - received his offer prior to camp

Who else? Have I missed anyone?

I know the OLs who attended camp are currently being evaluated. From what KT tweeted, offers to the OLs who did well will be extended on Tuesday.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Does anyone have a good handle on the offers that came out of this weekend's camp?

So far, I've got:

DE Seth Dooley - Verbal to Tech
ATH Cody Blanc
DB Mike Tyson
OL Jonathan Mclaughlin
OL Greg Pyke - received his offer prior to camp

Who else? Have I missed anyone?

I know the OLs who attended camp are currently being evaluated. From what KT tweeted, offers to the OLs who did well will be extended on Tuesday.

Did benedict also get an offer? Did he compete at the camp? because GA fans are saying he will never play a meaningful down again:<--- FWIW i dont buy it, but from what i have read his injury was very severe

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having someone with the last name benedict on the team makes me nervous hahaha

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did benedict also get an offer? Did he compete at the camp? because GA fans are saying he will never play a meaningful down again:<--- FWIW i dont buy it, but from what i have read his injury was very severe

I know for sure that Benedict visited Tech, but from what I understand he didn't participate in the camp itself. Will he get an offer? My guess is he's probably part of the group of OLs being evaluated for offers to come out on Tuesday.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know for sure that Benedict visited Tech, but from what I understand he didn't participate in the camp itself. Will he get an offer? My guess is he's probably part of the group of OLs being evaluated for offers to come out on Tuesday.

Per twitter Shane pretty much hosted his visit so that has to be a good thing.
Any idea what chance we have with him or how his visit went?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I know that a certain website that can never be mentioned in public or whispered in private :behindsofa: has posted an interview with Benedict, but I haven't been able to read those write-ups for quite some time.

I think you're correct about Shane's relationship with Benedict...it has to be pretty good based on Shane having recruited him for South Carolina and keeping up that contact over time.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I did a google search a few minutes ago and caught the opening line of a premium site posting that indicated Benedict was down to Florida, Tech, Clemson, and Marshall. I don't know if that's in any order or not, but you have to think Florida has an edge based on being close to home. I'm not sure how Marshall made the list unless it has to do with a prior relationship to a coach who may have recruited him previously.

Florida has a ton of 4* OLs from past classes, and is recruiting 5* and 4* OLs for their 2012 Class. Don't know if their depth chart will have any impact on Benedict's choice of school.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I did a google search a few minutes ago and caught the opening line of a premium site posting that indicated Benedict was down to Florida, Tech, Clemson, and Marshall. I don't know if that's in any order or not, but you have to think Florida has an edge based on being close to home. I'm not sure how Marshall made the list unless it has to do with a prior relationship to a coach who may have recruited him previously.

Florida has a ton of 4* OLs from past classes, and is recruiting 5* and 4* OLs for their 2012 Class. Don't know if their depth chart will have any impact on Benedict's choice of school.

Marshalls HC has a ton of ties to FLA so that may have something to do with it. A guy who i E-know on another site tells me that VT would prob be 3rd on the list behind clemson and fla, but that is based off info prior to his VT visit. <----if PT/depth is a major factor for him, you have to think we sit a lot prettier that either of the two.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else see J.C. Coleman this weekend with a VT shaved into his head?