• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good to hear, reminds me a lot of gayle. I like the idea of 6'5" 6'6" DE's + look at these weight room #'s and Vert

Seth Dooley - Yahoo! Sports

I think i remember hearing that VT would be his dream offer.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should have mentioned about Dooley, my buddy is a Glenvar alum and is really excited about this kid. The high school I played at scrimmaged Glenvar when I was a senior and Brandon Semones was there. He didn't do much on us on offense (which I think he ran for over 2,000 yards per game that yer), but he absolutely destroyed us on defense. What a terror he was before eventually doing the same at VT. One of my all-time favorite Hokies

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the dooley kid plays single A talent...hope we didnt offer him quite yet...i would prefer to see where our previous offers commit to first...we dont have too many spots left!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the dooley kid plays single A talent...hope we didnt offer him quite yet...i would prefer to see where our previous offers commit to first...we dont have too many spots left!

Just my opinion, but with Dooley's measurables, I'm not sure it really matters what kind of competition he plays against. I'm sure the coaches evaluated him pretty hard before they decided to offer.

We've been burned in the past waiting on guys we hoped would commit and left us hanging when they didn't.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but were his "dream school" he would've came no matter how late we offered....so do we know for a fact we offered hiM??? can anyone confirm it?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The guy has a big frame. The coaches know what's up with the numbers and if they offered even knowing that, well I have to trust in their evaluation. I have not seen film though.

Dooley looks like he could be Gayle's twin brother in the Rivals pic when Gayle was being recruited. If he develops physically like Gayle, this could turn out to be a great offer.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooley looks like he could be Gayle's twin brother in the Rivals pic when Gayle was being recruited. If he develops physically like Gayle, this could turn out to be a great offer.

So you're saying that we have Exum's twin (Greene) and Gayle's twin (Dooley) in this class. Sounds goodto me!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Found this about Cody Blanc on TheKeyPlay website:

"Central High School junior Cody Blanc won the Section 1-AAA boys’ decathlon Tuesday afternoon at Science Hill.

Blanc, who led after the first five events on Monday, took the title with 5,414 points.

He won the shot put (43 feet, 5 inches) and 100-meter dash (11.45). He was second in the high hurdles and triple jump.

His total broke a school record in the decathlon by more than 700 points."

Does he play in the band, too??? LOL!!

Hokies Offer Cody Blanc | The Key Play

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
here's an article w some footage on Seth Dooley...classic sleeper in the class... Virginia Tech Grabs Local Defensive End

twitter rumor is that we had 3 commits today...anyone know about if there's a 3rd commit after smith and dooley?

He's a raw talent but he seems to have the right idea. Can't wait to see what he does after a couple of years in Dr. Gentry's House of Pain.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More info on Dooley that I found in a post on a free board:

"Dooley's HS coach thinks he is D-1 material...says he has coached in Florida and had four D-1 DE's and this kid is the best....off the scale potential physically, already 6'5"+ and very very strong for a kid his age plus runs a legit sub 4.6 with a 35" vertical."

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on Smith this evening!!! Rivals front page says we got 2 today. Who was the other?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very good article on Cody Blanc:

Virginia Tech offers Central's Cody Blanc Knoxville News Sentinel Mobile

QUOTE:

"Blanc said his 4.41 time in the 40-yard dash was the fastest of about 180 campers.

It's the same time he recorded at Tennessee's camp recently.

"I had the third- or fourth-fastest shuttle,'' Blanc said. "I ran track this year and that helped me a bunch.''

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Blanc finished third in the Class AAA decathlon in May."

....and....

"Blanc has visits scheduled for Vanderbilt and UT and possibly Kentucky."

We're going to have a battle over this one....no quick verbal here.