• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kyletuckerVP
Four-star CB Kenneth Crawley did not make it to VT's camp today as previously planned.
8 minutes ago

Could be why we're rumored to have offered sleeper DB Mike Tyson out of Norfolk.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kyletuckerVP
#Hokies SS Antone Exum also watching at camp, looking like a TANK. Says he's up from 215 to 225. Squat up from 385 to 410. "I'm ready."
3 minutes ago

If he still has the same speed and quickness, LOOK OUT!!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kyletuckerVP
#Hokies SS Antone Exum also watching at camp, looking like a TANK. Says he's up from 215 to 225. Squat up from 385 to 410. "I'm ready."
3 minutes ago

If he still has the same speed and quickness, LOOK OUT!!

He will be laying some lumber this year. Great news on Diggs. Would be nice!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@kyletuckerVP
Kyle Tucker
Only a matter of time probably until Alston Smith officially commits to VT. Bruce said his son will likely announce before his h.s. season.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
kyletuckerVP
Four-star CB Kenneth Crawley did not make it to VT's camp today as previously planned.
8 minutes ago

Could be why we're rumored to have offered sleeper DB Mike Tyson out of Norfolk.

Werent we slow to offer Crawley(i could be wrong), then prob didnt recruit him the hardest with Manning and Tookes already on board, now for some reason it seems like we need another DB (i wonder if there is some serious wavering between tookes and manning?) and now Crawley seems to be the best available. What im getting at is: I wonder if "slow playing" crawley early is hurting us now that (apparently) we need him, with his offer list it may be hard to make up that lost ground.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
General info posted by KT on Twitter:

Haynesworth has an offer from Cincinnati and heavy interest from Clemson, Tennessee. Dad says he'll probably commit to VT if offered.
26 minutes ago

Father of Kingsport, TN, offensive guard Ty Haynesworth says they are hopeful VT is going to offer after today's camp.
27 minutes ago

Only a matter of time probably until Alston Smith officially commits to VT. Bruce said his son will likely announce before his h.s. season.
38 minutes ago

Hokies legend Bruce Smith's son, DT Alston Smith, doing well in drills. Bruce said his son (who has VT offer) is "in love" with #Hokies.
40 minutes ago

Among O-line recruits looking for VT offers today, G Trenton Saunders, T Will Smith and G Ty Hayworth seem to be impressing.
41 minutes ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Take a look at David Wang's tweeds. He had something funny but it is hard to cut and paste from phone.

This must be it...ha!!:

Dwang09 David Wang
Dude choked slammed the kid in one on ones hahaha #boss
20 minutes ago

He also said this which I think is a good sign for the big guys we're trying to get:

Dwang09 David Wang
VT_caceclosed didnt get anyone names but there were a few LOS players that stood out with potential
12 minutes ago

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any info out there as to how well Will Smith is performing? Or if Haynesworth looks like he could earn an offer. I'd love to start adding to this OL class.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This must be it...ha!!:

Dwang09 David Wang
Dude choked slammed the kid in one on ones hahaha #boss
20 minutes ago

He also said this which I think is a good sign for the big guys we're trying to get:

Dwang09 David Wang
VT_caceclosed didnt get anyone names but there were a few LOS players that stood out with potential12 minutes ago

That sounds really good, i wish we had names of guys that made a great impression.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any info out there as to how well Will Smith is performing? Or if Haynesworth looks like he could earn an offer. I'd love to start adding to this OL class.

If the rumors are correct,

*Greg Pyke got an offer sometime before camp started.
*Jonathan McLaughlin got an offer today.
*Benedict was also in town being evaluated.
*From KT: G Trenton Saunders, T Will Smith and G Ty Hayworth seem to be impressing today at camp.

Six OLs who have received offers or appear to be somewhere in the process of receiving one. Not bad...making progress.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More from KT:

Several O-line prospects have been told VT's coaches will meet Tuesday to decide which new OL will get offers. Not sure any got on today.
11 minutes ago

....and....

Class of 2013 QB Bucky Hodges from Virginia Beach says he grew up a VT fan and "they will always be at the top" among his college choices.
14 minutes ago

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If the rumors are correct,

*Greg Pyke got an offer sometime before camp started.
*Jonathan McLaughlin got an offer today.
*Benedict was also in town being evaluated.
*From KT: G Trenton Saunders, T Will Smith and G Ty Hayworth seem to be impressing today at camp.

Six OLs who have received offers or appear to be somewhere in the process of receiving one. Not bad...making progress.

Can confirm those

Great to hear about Mclaughlin. Do any of you guys know anything about him?
I've heard a little here and there about Saunders and quite a bit about Smith, but i'd be interested to hear some opinions about Haynesworth and Mclaugghlin.

I wasnt in panic mode because i figured the offers would come today and maybe even a few more later in the week, but it is extremely relieving to finally start seeing some progress.