• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Kyle Tucker's Twitter:
--------------------------

kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
Can confirm UGA transfer and former 4-star OL recruit Brent Benedict is in Blacksburg on an official visit, shown around by Shane Beamer.
6 hours ago

kyletuckerVP Kyle Tucker
Benedict also hanging with current #Hokies O-linemen Greg Nosal, Andrew Lanier. He'd be a nice boost to VT's thin OL class.
6 hours ago

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Will Smith is camping? I've heard his potential is greater than Homer's. I'd love to bring him in if he is as talented as his 3 star billing by Rivals

Any word if he brought Jazzy Jeff with him?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been told that we offered Mike Tyson, a DB who is pretty under the radar from Virginia. This seems to be an odd offer with how many SVs we have this year and had last year. Has anyone seenthis kid? If the coaches offered him with five safeties (Vandyke, Cole, Aromire, Riley, Frye) and four cornerbacks (Farrow, Jarrett, Tookes, Manning) in the last two classes he must be a diamond. Maybe this says something about our chances with Crawley? I don't know but if seems odd if we in fact did offer. Rivals does not have us listed as one of his offers, per their free side.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have been told that we offered Mike Tyson, a DB who is pretty under the radar from Virginia. This seems to be an odd offer with how many SVs we have this year and had last year. Has anyone seenthis kid? If the coaches offered him with five safeties (Vandyke, Cole, Aromire, Riley, Frye) and four cornerbacks (Farrow, Jarrett, Tookes, Manning) in the last two classes he must be a diamond. Maybe this says something about our chances with Crawley? I don't know but if seems odd if we in fact did offer. Rivals does not have us listed as one of his offers, per their free side.
I know we were giving him a hard look, I don't know anything about him but they must be looking at either some position changes or he is a diamond. I heard rumors a while ago about Frye possible playing WR...

If the coaches offer, they know what they are doing :)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we need reeves to do some recruiting!!!
I read an article on Reeves a few weeks ago and he was doing some good recruiting for VT with Keyante. Apparently they are pretty close from the article I read. I will look this weekend to see if I can find it, I think it was a free article so I will have a look.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PilotOnline.com Mobile : Hokies hoping they find some offensive linemen at camp today

KT has a quick rundown of some prospects at camp this weekend. Compton and Haynes are bruisers and Benedict would a big get if he can still play up to his potential following the injury. I think if Hess is there and and puts on a show he would get an offer as well. At 6'7" 300 plus he should get a look. I like the nimble 250 pounders but as 46 has said before we need some BIG NASTIES. I'm not too concerned. we are looking good the next couple years. If we don't get some good ones this year we will next.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we were giving him a hard look, I don't know anything about him but they must be looking at either some position changes or he is a diamond. I heard rumors a while ago about Frye possible playing WR...

If the coaches offer, they know what they are doing :)

That's what I figure. No staff on the planet evaluates talent like ours.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PilotOnline.com Mobile : Hokies hoping they find some offensive linemen at camp today

KT has a quick rundown of some prospects at camp this weekend. Compton and Haynes are bruisers and Benedict would a big get if he can still play up to his potential following the injury. I think if Hess is there and and puts on a show he would get an offer as well. At 6'7" 300 plus he should get a look. I like the nimble 250 pounders but as 46 has said before we need some BIG NASTIES. I'm not too concerned. we are looking good the next couple years. If we don't get some good ones this year we will next.

A few comments about KT's article, which appears to me to be a lot of "glass empty" reporting:

1) Tech has a total of 16 OLs on the current roster, including Goins who just arrived. That includes 2 TEs converted to OLs (Nosal, Lanier), and two DLs (Becton, Prince) moved to the offensive line. We have lost only two OLs recruited since Newsome's arrival in January 2006 (Alvarez, Latif).

2) Tech will lose 4 OLs at the end of this coming season (Nosal, Dechristopher, Brooks, and Lanier). Therefore, we will need to land 4 OLs for the 2012 Class to break even. We already have 1 OL recruit for 2012, Jack Willenbrock. The coaching staff is going all out at this weekend's camp to nail down commitments from 2-3 additional OLs from a group of about 15 OLs, some of whom were present during the first camp. If we only get 2 OLs this weekend, or in the following week after deliberations with family, we will still have almost 7 months to nail down one or two late-bloomers during this coming season. I'm not as concerned about Tech's OL situation as KT appears to be.

3) Speaking of Jack Willenbrock, have you seen the film on this kid? Did you know that despite blocking downfield on nearly every play that he was playing most of last season with a broken bone in one of his legs? He reminds me a great deal of Jake Grove, a recruit several years ago who had only one other offer from VMI.

4) Win Homer committed to BC, not UVA. Just a minor point, but in journalism, the devil is in the details.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Learned today that UGA gave Benedict an unconditional release which means he can go anywhere immediately. Does the NCAA still require that you have to sit out a year after a transfer?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Being tweeted today from a few sources that we've offered OL Jonathan McLaughlin from South Carolina. Not completely confirmed as of yet.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nigel Williams is also there today..tweeted by Will Stewart of TSL

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Learned today that UGA gave Benedict an unconditional release which means he can go anywhere immediately. Does the NCAA still require that you have to sit out a year after a transfer?

Yes will still have to sit, I think the only thing that "unconditional" means on UGa's end is that he can transfer to another SEC school or school that is oin their schedule while he still has eligibility.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would be very pleased if Baron verbals today! :D

I've been hearing he is very close to a decision. No idea if he chooses VT or not but you got to think he made the trip for something, as im pretty sure he is still injured and cant workout.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kyletuckerVP
Spoke to 5-star WR Stefon Diggs at VT's camp. Will narrow choices to 12 schools in August. "They'll be in it." Says of VT, "I'll be back."
10 minutes ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WillStewartTSL
Wes Brown is here. Commit Jawand Blue is here, all the way from Florida, observing but not working out.
14 minutes ago

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
kyletuckerVP
Spoke to 5-star WR Stefon Diggs at VT's camp. Will narrow choices to 12 schools in August. "They'll be in it." Says of VT, "I'll be back."
10 minutes ago

Great news!!! i guess that means we will get an OV?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great news!!! i guess that means we will get an OV?

Just read this on Twitter...sounds serious:

HokiesJournal (Washington Post)
At VT's one day camp for recruits and Good Counsel star Stafon Diggs, a top 10 recruit nationally, says he's very serious about the #Hokies
7 minutes ago