• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Four d-linemen. Hmm....

I would like to see us get Kirven and Wynn and call it a day....

Hamilton is a stud but I just don't know.

This is starting to get weird.

I agree i love the class we are putting together but we need to really start focusing on the guys that we need and have a real chance at landing. We have what (19?) now.

We still need another RB, another WR, 2 OL, i'd like to get edmunds, that leaves @ least kirven and Wynn. I just really dont see how the numbers are going to work. The (2)grey's from last season go against this recruiting class also, correct?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but it's a little early to be negative about any 2012 verbals.

All of Tech's 2012 LB verbals are in the range of 6'0" to 6'2", 200 to 215 pounds. They're all going into their senior year of high school with the opportunity to get physically more mature before they come to Tech. Additionally, they will spend at least a redshirt year with Dr. Gentry before they ever see the field. My guess is they will all be about 220+/- pounds of muscle-weight by the time they play for real. Take a look at our past LBs...very few, if any, have been ready to play as soon as they arrived.

I'll trust the coaching staff on this...they've been doing this a long time and they know what they're looking for.

Yet our biggest weak spot last year was LB. Besides Bruce, we were really lacking. And you know the rule, recruits are never really as big as they are listed. I think we still NEED Edmunds and Kirven. I trust the coaches too, but do you want to see us whiff on top talent because we are full at that position or simply don't have enough schollies.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I will take a 4* Virginia kid over the 5* out of stater.

First, think Virginia is underrated. Second, it maintains good relationships. Third, I feel like we know more about kids from close to home. I mean our coaches have been following Kirven since his freshman year.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yet our biggest weak spot last year was LB. Besides Bruce, we were really lacking. And you know the rule, recruits are never really as big as they are listed. I think we still NEED Edmunds and Kirven. I trust the coaches too, but do you want to see us whiff on top talent because we are full at that position or simply don't have enough schollies.

I look at like: as long as we are landing the guys that are most likely at the top of our recruiting board im happy. I get worried when we are landing guys that didnt have offers 'til november. In other words these are the guys that we really wanted not the guys we are settling for. x adibi was no bigger than any of these guys when he landed on campus and we all know how he turned out. Im with you though, i really want edmunds. I think he is the only true Mike in the group we are recruiting.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree i love the class we are putting together but we need to really start focusing on the guys that we need and have a real chance at landing. We have what (19?) now.

We still need another RB, another WR, 2 OL, i'd like to get edmunds, that leaves @ least kirven and Wynn. I just really dont see how the numbers are going to work. The (2)grey's from last season go against this recruiting class also, correct?
They will make the numbers work, trust the coaches, they know what they are doing...

I think we get Edmunds, Wynn, Kirven, Harris, and Caleb

We will grey shirt a few players and a few will have to prep (usually happens). Everything will work out, this class is going to be killer!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You all see this - Posted on TSL free side - JC Coleman and his new hair do...

VT.jpg

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personally like the way the numbers are working for the 2012 Class, especially when we extend offers to a few OLs on Tuesday. They will know, based on the fact that we're getting full, that they need to verbal now or miss the train. It's a hard sell, but I'd rather do it that way than wait until the last second and have a kid choose some other team.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at like: as long as we are landing the guys that are most likely at the top of our recruiting board im happy. I get worried when we are landing guys that didnt have offers 'til november. In other words these are the guys that we really wanted not the guys we are settling for. x adibi was no bigger than any of these guys when he landed on campus and we all know how he turned out. Im with you though, i really want edmunds. I think he is the only true Mike in the group we are recruiting.

I understand what you mean. But Adibi was a freak that happens once in a blue moon. He should by no means be used as a rule of thumb. As far as the november offers, some of these guys that got offers (and some OL that will this week) were guys that normally would be offered last minute when you need to fill a class.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class appears to be heading toward over signing numbers, but as EvanG said, the numbers will work. They always do.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone want to go over the numbers with me? Im counting at least 14 guys that we still have a really good chance with? I know we want land them all, but by just filling our needs we are already over or very close with the numbers.

IMO we need at least 1 more WR (in good/decent position with @ least 3 big time ones)
We need at least 1 more RB imo (only really seem great with Harris but if that doesnt work out we will take someone imo)
We need at least 2 more OL
Who knows how the DL/DE works out but there are about 5 guys i'd couldnt see us turning away.
At LB i think we would still take Edmunds (but no one else imo)
Then you've got a couple of wild cards with the Tyson offer and the under the radar kid from Tenn.

I just dont see how its going to work out. I understand as some of the positions start getting commits (i.e. DL) some other guys are prob going to lose a little interest, but what about guys that will hold out 'til late to commit. I just dont see how we are going to fill all our needs????

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS- Courtnye Wynn to UVA. This is what I'm talking about...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just dont see how we are going to fill all our needs????

I think we'll fill our needs with very good football players...but we may not fill them with the guys who want to wait until the last second to verbal. Just my opinion, but most of those guys who wait until the last second are what I call hostage-takers. They hold several schools hostage and then kill all but one when they finally make their choice.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to get some OL now. Defense is filling up the board

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wynn to UVA. :L

I'm not that worked up but I do want one more athletic d end in this class.
Wynn is a great player and he will do well at UVA...Its great to see him stay in state, plus he can be home with his family and friends over the Christmas and New Years break as we know they wont be playing in a bowl....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I understand what you mean. But Adibi was a freak that happens once in a blue moon. He should by no means be used as a rule of thumb. As far as the november offers, some of these guys that got offers (and some OL that will this week) were guys that normally would be offered last minute when you need to fill a class.

I think that as long as we are talking about backer or whip that the LB's we have on board are good/great fits (really like clarke at backer), but if we are talking about Mike i will agree that none of them really fit the mold (<-why i also really want edmunds). As far as second tier guys that got offers, the only offers that i was aware of (maybe you know something i dont) were to Dooley, Tyson, and the guy from tenn. I really like Dooley and the guy from Tenn, i know very little about Tyson but if he's good enough for TG good enough for me.