• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great News!!!

How many LB's do we take in this class??? Im assuming 1 more max, right?

I really hope we can land someone (edmunds) to play "Mike" position.

Last edited by a moderator:

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's crazy TSL made such a huge deal about this "mystery recruit"...when it was basically a lock to go to VT...really suprised it stayed quite for 3 days!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's crazy TSL made such a huge deal about this "mystery recruit"...when it was basically a lock to go to VT...really suprised it stayed quite for 3 days!

IMO all the evidence pointed to DVD, but there was so much "SportsHoopla" surrounding the commit that i really didnt know what to expect. I'd rather not hear the term "silent verbal" anymore this season. haha

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it continues with the next Fuller in the 2013 class :cool2:

Great pickups in recent weeks! If we can pull Edmunds we should quite loaded at LB for this class. And the youngest Fuller will likely be a Hokie... I say 90% considering the success Vinnie had and Kyle already looks like he willbe NFL caliber

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Jarron Jones has taken back his verbal from Penn State according to a local NY news station. PSU is still in the running along with Notre Dame, VT, and UNC. Article says he wants to visit VT for a game in the fall.

Aquinas Senior Jarron Jones Exploring College Options - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

I don't have any type of inside knowledge on him, but right now I'd say VT is behind. His quotes say he wants a smaller school like ND instead of PSU, and Tech doesn't exactly offer the small school he may want. However, his recruitment seems like it will last a while so lets hope if he gets on campus for a game we can reel him in.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DT Jarron Jones has taken back his verbal from Penn State according to a local NY news station. PSU is still in the running along with Notre Dame, VT, and UNC. Article says he wants to visit VT for a game in the fall.

That may be good news for Tech. Tech is a big school but Blacksburg still has a small-town feel.

According to Rivals, Jones is a 4* DT at 6'5", 308 pounds, ranked #7 by position, and #67 nationally. If he didn't work out at DT, he would definitely be a candidate for the offensive line.

FYI: Shane Beamer is recruiting him for Tech.

Jarron Jones - Yahoo! Sports

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That may be good news for Tech. Tech is a big school but Blacksburg still has a small-town feel.

According to Rivals, Jones is a 4* DT at 6'5", 308 pounds, ranked #7 by position, and #67 nationally. If he didn't work out at DT, he would definitely be a candidate for the offensive line.

FYI: Shane Beamer is recruiting him for Tech.

Jarron Jones - Yahoo! Sports
I have a very good feeling about Jones. I think if he can make it to a game in the fall it will be very tempting and (for some reason) I think he will be a Hokie (purely a guess and my $.02)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great News!!!

How many LB's do we take in this class??? Im assuming 1 more max, right?

I really hope we can land someone (edmunds) to play "Mike" position.
I think we take 1 more, however we could take 2 more depending on if Blue commits first. If Blue commits, we will leave spots available for Edmunds, however if Edmunds commits first, I could see the coaches shutting down the LB recruiting.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A name to look out for this weekend is Seth Dooley from Glenvar (salem, VA). I am from Roanoke originally and have some friends that cover some HS football down there and I am hearing great things about Dooley. I think he will be at the camp this weekend so be on the look out for him!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI:

This thread had almost 8000 more views than a similar thread at the XXXX site. Oh yeah, this thread is six months younger as well.

Methinks someone feels threatened and is lashing out.

Very true.

This place has just exploded recently. Are you guys sending out lots of invites, or are people just finding their way here?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aquinas Senior Jarron Jones Exploring College Options - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

I don't have any type of inside knowledge on him, but right now I'd say VT is behind. His quotes say he wants a smaller school like ND instead of PSU, and Tech doesn't exactly offer the small school he may want. However, his recruitment seems like it will last a while so lets hope if he gets on campus for a game we can reel him in.

I would love to get this guy. When Jarontay Jones verbaled, this is who I originally thought it was. I got all excited, then disappointed it wasn't him, then excited about who it was. LOL. But I certainly hope we can land this fellow.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love to get this guy. When Jarontay Jones verbaled, this is who I originally thought it was. I got all excited, then disappointed it wasn't him, then excited about who it was. LOL. But I certainly hope we can land this fellow.
Does he go to the same HS Jerome Lewis went to?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This recruiting class has me HYPE

Our secondary is going to be shut down - could be one of the best secondary classes to ever come through VT. Tookes and Manning are killer corners, add the possibility of Crawley and that alone is killer. Throw in Riley and it could get FIERCE. The LB Corp with DVD and Clarke is fantastic and don't sleep on McKinnon!

We need to get some big uglies to plug some holes and this is going to be a GREAT class!