• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Woody Baron was Jim Baron's nephew. If he's anything like he's uncle, I want him bad.
For those that don't remember him, he was on our defensive line from 94-95 and teamed with Cornell Brown, J.C. Price and Hank Coleman for a nasty D-Line that called themselves Death Row. Baron and Price were vicious DTs. Baron also scored a TD in the Sugar Bowl against Texas on a fumble return (off a Cornell Brown sack if I remember correctly).

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't know Woody Baron was Jim Baron's nephew. If he's anything like he's uncle, I want him bad.
For those that don't remember him, he was on our defensive line from 94-95 and teamed with Cornell Brown, J.C. Price and Hank Coleman for a nasty D-Line that called themselves Death Row. Baron and Price were vicious DTs. Baron also scored a TD in the Sugar Bowl against Texas on a fumble return (off a Cornell Brown sack if I remember correctly).
Yesterday I would have sworn that the new commit was Baron (also that was what information my friends texted me) however now I don't think that it is him. I think Baron will be a Hokie and I think it will be soon, but I am not thinking that he is our mystery verbal. There is some minor buzz on twitter from people saying they know who the verbal is, anyone else see that?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yesterday I would have sworn that the new commit was Baron (also that was what information my friends texted me) however now I don't think that it is him. I think Baron will be a Hokie and I think it will be soon, but I am not thinking that he is our mystery verbal. There is some minor buzz on twitter from people saying they know who the verbal is, anyone else see that?

Saw that, too. No response to my request for more info, but that's not surprising.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for fun, here's the Twitter thread posted yesterday through today, must recent at the top:

TAEdisonHokie
@JLMHokie Quick question - is the new Tech verbal from Virginia? If so, does he also have an offer from UVA? hokies football
3 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete

JLMHokie JLM
@thekeyplay I doubt it... it's not going to be the huge surprise TSL is making it out to be i wouldn't think.
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

thekeyplay The Key Play
@JLMHokie It sounds like you heard something different than us.

Shelley
hokieshelley Shelley
@JLMHokie Do tell!!!

JLM
JLMHokie JLM
Just found out who the VT verbal is... NICE!

JLMHokie JLM
@hokieshelley @BeerControl @JPCVT @kngjb3 Vandyke would be a good guess I think
16 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BeerControl ebj
@hokieshelley officially yes, likely someone will spill the beans before then. it is known in back channels.

hokieshelley Shelley
@BeerControl think the commit will go public by tuesday?

hokieshelley Shelley
@BeerControl @JPCVT @kngjb3 hmm. if not baron, perhaps van dyke? just can't believe it's hamilton.

gobblercountry Gobbler Country
@BeerControl you are such a tease.

BeerControl ebj
@hokieshelley @JPCVT @kngjb3 keep guessing.

JLMHokie JLM
@thekeyplay @BeerControl I'm assuming Vandyke Part II
23 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The Key Play
thekeyplay The Key Play
#Hokies RT @BeerControl new commit
23 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

TAEdisonHokie
@BeerControl Rumblings on HH, and other Hokies football message boards today. Could be a false start...then again, who knows.
2 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

BeerControl ebj
@TAEdisonHokie I know, just not expecting a commit to anyone soon. hope I am wrong to the good guys.
2 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Gobbler Country
gobblercountry Gobbler Country
youre such a tease RT @BeerControl: new commit

TAEdisonHokie
@BeerControl DH visiting today with parents. Relatives live in Lynchburg. Could get interesting for Hokies football for the 2012 Class.

BeerControl ebj
@TAEdisonHokie DH ... in for the long game. have to think a feb decision.

BeerControl ebj
@TAEdisonHokie not sure, will know soon.

TAEdisonHokie
@BeerControl "New commit" for Hokies football? Initials DH? Or are you talking about another Hokies sport entirely?

BeerControl ebj
new commit

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Found this article from June 28, 2011, which seems to imply that Vanderbilt may have a stronger position with Woody Baron than we may have originally thought:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/high-school-sports/tag/woody-baron/

QUOTE:

"Brentwood Academy defensive lineman Woody Baron said he’ll likely stay close to home and play for Vanderbilt, or follow his uncle — former Nashville Kats star James Baron — and play at Virginia Tech.

'I’d like to make a decision before the season starts, but I’m not sure,' said the younger Baron, a Division II-AA Mr. Football Lineman finalist as a junior. 'Virginia Tech would have a little of an advantage, but not a lot. I think I’d enjoy the opportunity to play at home. That would be one of the pros of playing at Vanderbilt. And I’m pretty close with my ‘boys’.'

Vanderbilt has signed a Brentwood Academy product in each of the last two recruiting classes — defensive back Derek King will be an incoming freshman this fall, while defensive lineman Thad McHaney redshirted this past season.

'They’ve got a brand-new coaching staff,' Baron said. 'I’d like to see what they’re going to do.'"

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Really???I was thinking we were in pretty good shape with fuller, but i also think its a little early for him though.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really???I was thinking we were in pretty good shape with fuller, but i also think its a little early for him though.

I think they are talking about Jody Fuller, not Vinnie's brother.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rivals still does not list Jody Fuller with an offer from Tech. My guess is he'll be going to South Carolina because he's spent a lot of time at that school.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think they are talking about Jody Fuller, not Vinnie's brother.

Yeah i was talking JF also. Wasnt aware he had given a top 5, but i had heard we were in real good shape. On the other hand i do agree that he most likely ends up @ usc-E.

BTW Darkside: Did he list those 5 in order or just a top 5? Basically asking if he has said where VT was sitting.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime yesterday I made it a point to check out the total views of this thread and we were at 28k+. Today it is 30k. Wow.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I stand corrected, TSL is saying the info will come out tonight....

my guess is Trey Edmunds!! i have no insider info or anything but just a guess, i sure hope im right! this guy is an athlete!