• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he was from VA? Hypothetical. Haha

There was a running discussion on another board about it probably not being DVD, then somebody else said they thought it was a Virginia recruit, but not DVD. Probably nothing, just curious who it might be if not DVD or Baron. Boy, that was confusing, huh?:bolt:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told today that our coaches had Clarke higher on their board at LB than Kwontie Moore. Can anybody confirm that?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was told today that our coaches had Clarke higher on their board at LB than Kwontie Moore. Can anybody confirm that?

Interesting! At his current size with room to grow, Moore was either going to end up as a MLB or a DE at Tech. But at UVA, he fits very well what they want to do with their inside linebackers in their defensive scheme.

Clarke is probably quicker and faster and will play Whip at Tech. His frame can carry another 15-20 pounds without much difficulty. He is nearly identical to Xavier Adibi in ht/wt/40-time coming out of high school. His competition in the 2012 Class will be McKinnon, another fast, quick player who can play Whip or perhaps Rover. Those two positions really play critical roles in Tech's defense, so I wouldn't be surprised if Tech has Clarke ranked a little higher than Moore.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was a running discussion on another board about it probably not being DVD, then somebody else said they thought it was a Virginia recruit, but not DVD. Probably nothing, just curious who it might be if not DVD or Baron. Boy, that was confusing, huh?:bolt:

also being hypothetical: Kirven or Edmunds (more likely). Edmunds may have seen Clarke take a spot, and want one for himself. Just a thought.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
also being hypothetical: Kirven or Edmunds (more likely). Edmunds may have seen Clarke take a spot, and want one for himself. Just a thought.

cant disagree with that, especially considering that its been said its a VA recruit. I personally think KK will wait it out and take official visits but IDK???

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This post will attempt to help address two additional rumors as to who the mystery commit really is. Here are the additional rumors:

Rumor #1: the mystery commit is from Virginia
Rumor #2: the mystery commit also has an offer from UVA

Okay...according to Rivals, here's a list of players from Virginia with offers from Tech:

ATH Joel Caleb
DE Eli Harold
LB Ken Ekanem
LB Trey Edmunds
DT Korren Kirven
LB Devin Vandyke
DT Nigel Williams
DT Alston Smith
DE Courtnye Wynn

Of those players, 6 also have offers from UVA:

ATH Joel Caleb
LB Ken Ekanem
LB Trey Edmunds
DT Korren Kirven
DT Nigel Williams
DE Courtnye Wynn

LOL!! Gee, THAT really helped didn't it?

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, Im not sure Williams is it (seems to be favoring UVa) so i personally want to cross him off. Caleb, Ekanem, and Kirven dont seem to be ready yet. Leaving Edmunds or Wynn to me. As I stated earlier, I believe its Edmunds....i hope its him o_O

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My new guess in Wynne based on some things posted here, however I also think that Baron and DVD will commit in the next 7 days.

Baron listed two favorites publicly so it's not like he had to alert a lot of schools. Wynne had a bigger list and was going to visit Virginia. Maybe he wanted the chance to tell the Virginia coached in person (it is summer and not that long of a drive) as well as the coaches elsewhere by phone and needed a few days.

Just my 2 cents.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmunds and Wynn are good guesses. Both are outstanding players and individuals. Great family structure and support too.

Also, if today were signing day, we would get 6 out of the 9. Not bad. Eli Harold comes with a lot of baggage in my opinion. If he decides to go to UVA, I better never hear another "higher standards" excuse...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, when I get to the office on Tuesday and have time to really sit down and write up a good post with a lot of quotes and the such, I have some good stuff. Apparently, SportsHoopla has gotten so bi in the land of Virginia Tech recruiting, that we have upset some of the "cool guy insiders". I am going to be the fall guy for their apparent anger over other sites and people knowing stuff like them. This is funny since I has specifically NOT posted a single thing from that site and even said good things about them.

Apparently the recruiting processes of a publicly funded university are the exclusive rights of a select few grown men who act like children and get power fixes from the world of "I know something you don't know".

I, on the other hand believe in sharing knowledge. I have respected their rights to make a buck off the backs of 17 and 18 year olds while collecting money from college kids with very little disposable income, even while being disgusted by it. I find it funny, bu whatever. More to come when I have time.

The 28,000+ independent views of this thread alone shows us all something.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FYI, when I get to the office on Tuesday and have time to really sit down and write up a good post with a lot of quotes and the such, I have some good stuff. Apparently, SportsHoopla has gotten so bi in the land of Virginia Tech recruiting, that we have upset some of the "cool guy insiders". I am going to be the fall guy for their apparent anger over other sites and people knowing stuff like them. This is funny since I has specifically NOT posted a single thing from that site and even said good things about them.

Apparently the recruiting processes of a publicly funded university are the exclusive rights of a select few grown men who act like children and get power fixes from the world of "I know something you don't know".

I, on the other hand believe in sharing knowledge. I have respected their rights to make a buck off the backs of 17 and 18 year olds while collecting money from college kids with very little disposable income, even while being disgusted by it. I find it funny, bu whatever. More to come when I have time.

it is crazy how childish some of these people can be. I have never seen any paid info exchanged on this site, and the siting that you have done on the recruiting list should be enough to cover all basis.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This post will attempt to help address two additional rumors as to who the mystery commit really is. Here are the additional rumors:

Rumor #1: the mystery commit is from Virginia
Rumor #2: the mystery commit also has an offer from UVA

Okay...according to Rivals, here's a list of players from Virginia with offers from Tech:

ATH Joel Caleb
DE Eli Harold
LB Ken Ekanem
LB Trey Edmunds
DT Korren Kirven
LB Devin Vandyke
DT Nigel Williams
DT Alston Smith
DE Courtnye Wynn

Of those players, 6 also have offers from UVA:

ATH Joel Caleb
LB Ken Ekanem
LB Trey Edmunds
DT Korren Kirven
DT Nigel Williams
DE Courtnye Wynn

LOL!! Gee, THAT really helped didn't it?
Where are you hearing these rumors from?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where are you hearing these rumors from?

Two primary sources:

1. My personal sources who I will never reveal to anyone for obvious reasons

....and....

2. Scanning the free boards and other online sources like Twitter and Facebook for information

Up until about two months ago, I was getting mildly threatening emails from a Hokies-specific recruiting organization about the information I was posting, somehow implying that information was coming from their pay side. It's been several months since I had access to paid information of any kind about the Hokies football program, and they knew that. Anything I post to any Hokies-related free message board, Twitter, or Facebook is based purely on my own research and analysis. Case closed.

By the way, I agree 100% with Forty Sixand2...I will never pay another cent for a subscription to organizations who believe they have corner on "insider knowledge" concerning college football and specifically the Hokies. I've grown VERY tired over the years of a small group of elitists who basically want us to pay for information that most of us can get on our own.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two primary sources:

1. My personal sources who I will never reveal to anyone for obvious reasons

....and....

2. Scanning the free boards and other online sources like Twitter and Facebook for information

Up until about two months ago, I was getting mildly threatening emails from a Hokies-specific recruiting organization about the information I was posting, somehow implying that information was coming from their pay side. It's been several months since I had access to paid information of any kind about the Hokies football program, and they knew that. Anything I post to any Hokies-related free message board, Twitter, or Facebook is based purely on my own research and analysis. Case closed.

By the way, I agree 100% with Forty Sixand2...I will never pay another cent for a subscription to organizations who believe they have corner on "insider knowledge" concerning college football and specifically the Hokies. I've grown VERY tired over the years of a small group of elitists who basically want us to pay for information that most of us can get on our own.
Cool, I had never heard those rumors thats why I was asking. It sucks not knowing definitively who the verbal is, however it is kind of fun speculating. If it is someone from VA I am leaning more towards Wynn that is strictly a guess

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Illegitimi non carborundum.

How are they going to make you the "fall guy" with no way to prove their "case"? You can prove how you got your information, and they can't prove otherwise. Let them suck eggs.

By the way, as I noted in a previous post, I've been one of their targets, too. Most of the people I've known for years no longer correspond with me because they've been convinced by the "cool guy insiders" that I'm "stealing" information they've posted on their pay side. News flash for them...the information is available everywhere if you know where to look.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and as I said earlier it is what it is. You are still a villain over there as well, hence my little winked salute to you when you first came on. This is the second time that it has happened. After the first time, I added the first to paragraphs to the first post in this thread. Recruiting is what it is and the info is out there at the most 5 minutes after the "insiders" know it. The only thing that I really use the pay sites for is some of the football articles which can be fun. I will send you an email laterthis week with the full story, ha ha. Everyone else here knows it. It is pretty funny.

What is particularly funny is after I received the threatening email, I went to their premium message board and saw stuff cut and pasted from three other pay sites. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Anyone who would ask a college kid to pay extra money for up to the date information on THEIR college team is pretty much a dick though. Beamerball has a huge price reduction for students. I give them a lot of credit for that.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well is it's any consolation, I'm sure everyone here really appreciates your posts. I check this board every time I open up firefox so people posting on here is clearly a big deal to me. I hope posting on here doesn't ruin any relationships you have with your insiders and that you keep fighting the "cool guy insiders"