• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
scratch that...was told on twitter it wasnt him! but its a position of need...most likely a LB or OL...that would be lovely!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
scratch that...was told on twitter it wasnt him! but its a position of need...most likely a LB or OL...that would be lovely!
My guesses are either Baron, Vandyke, or Wynn.

Baron makes sense because he was close to committing last I heard, however apparently it was between just VT and Vandy, thus only one person to contact and the info should have already come out.

Vandyke is an interesting one as it would be a GREAT pick up, however with the masses believing he is a heavy VT lean, I doubt it was him.

Wynn really makes some sense to me, with his offer list he would have to call a few coaches to let them know of his decision, plus with the rumors that it is a VA kid with UVA offers, I think that this could be the guy.

just my $.02

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynn would be a nice get. He has excellent size for a defensive end and it'd be nice to split the norfolk christian guys with UVA rather than have them get 3/4. Hoping for Hamilton though...I'm itching for us to get a 5 star guy, especially a d-lineman.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wynn is going to wait it out. I am sure he wants to at least go to VT and UVA again once or twice. I don't know though. I really am not sure who it could be. All of the people here have given good reasons for the guys you mention and any of them would thrill me. I honestly, just dont have any clue :L

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wynn is going to wait it out. I am sure he wants to at least go to VT and UVA again once or twice. I don't know though. I really am not sure who it could be. All of the people here have given good reasons for the guys you mention and any of them would thrill me. I honestly, just dont have any clue :L

hopefully we will know tonight. i just have a feeling its a 4* or higher guy by the suspense behind this. heres to hoping :charlie:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For anyone who is keeping track of how the staff is doing in terms of recruiting, here's a quick list by player last name, the name of the recruiter, the state of origin of the recruit, and the position at which the player is being recruited:

Jones Gray GA DE
Manning Gray FL CB
Tookes Gray GA CB
Coleman Newsome VA RB
Greene Newsome VA ATH
Nixon Newsome VA ATH
Clarke S. Beamer VA LB
Frye S. Beamer VA DB
Willenbrock S. Beamer PA OL
Motley Sherman VA QB/ATH
Riley Sherman MD DB
Jackson Stinespring VA TE
McKinnon Wiles NC LB

Historically speaking, Stinespring and Wiles are two of Tech's best recruiters, but Gray, Newsome, and Shane Beamer are tearing up the 2012 recruiting trail.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For anyone who is keeping track of how the staff is doing in terms of recruiting, here's a quick list by player last name, the name of the recruiter, the state of origin of the recruit, and the position at which the player is being recruited:

Jones Gray GA DE
Manning Gray FL CB
Tookes Gray GA CB
Coleman Newsome VA RB
Greene Newsome VA ATH
Nixon Newsome VA ATH
Clarke S. Beamer VA LB
Frye S. Beamer VA DB
Motley Sherman VA QB/ATH
Riley Sherman MD DB
McKinnon Wiles NC LB

Historically speaking, Stinespring and Wiles are two of Tech's best recruiters, but Gray, Newsome, and Shane Beamer are tearing up the 2012 recruiting trail.

I'm really surprised that Stinespring only has one at this point. I don't remember, was his recruiting region changed in the shake up?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jones Gray GA DE
Manning Gray FL CB
Tookes Gray GA CB
Coleman Newsome VA RB
Greene Newsome VA ATH
Nixon Newsome VA ATH
Clarke S. Beamer VA LB
Frye S. Beamer VA DB
Motley Sherman VA QB/ATH
Riley Sherman MD DB
McKinnon Wiles NC LB

Shane has been getting a lot of help from Cavanaugh this year (as expected) since Cav was the person who orginally recruited the Richmond area recruits. Not a knock on Shane at all, he has done a good job closing so far this year. I think he's going to play a big part next season when he will be the first contact to many recruits in his recruiting region.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome Vandyke!!! just saw it on twitter...not who i was personally expecting

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised that Stinespring only has one at this point. I don't remember, was his recruiting region changed in the shake up?

Yes, he moved to Tidewater area from South VA, I believe. One of the reasons he is no longer O. coordinator. They want a little more focus on recruiting and everybody knows the Tidewater is a major recruiting area. We have been missing out on some big recruits from there, hopefully our fortunes change with Stiney moving there

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Add Devin to the list above:

Vandyke Foster VA LB

Another individual who can play the Whip or Rover positions along with Clarke and McKinnon. Nice!

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe I need to make a new video with some of our incoming recruits highlights.

Or maybe I need to wait because if I made it a month ago it would have had Millweard in it, haha.